Are You Legally saved?

Robert Pate

Banned
I would have to disagree with that as stated.

David comes to mind.
The law was not carried out for David.
He lied, coveted, committed adultery and murdered.
He was guilty, and yet GOD did not demand the law be carried out for him.

GOD's mercy trumps the law.

Romans 9:15 KJV
(15) For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Wait just a minute.

David was forgiven because he sinned, but that does not mean that there was no consequence to his sin.

David paid dearly for what he did. The last 20 years of his life were a mess because of what he did.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wait just a minute.

David was forgiven because he sinned, but that does not mean that there was no consequence to his sin.

David paid dearly for what he did. The last 20 years of his life were a mess because of what he did.
Sure, but the law was not carried out.
By law, adultery and murder demanded the death sentence of the person that committed the crime.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why do you ask such meaningless question?

Only God and Jesus know who are saved or will be saved.
Thanks for the "good news," mess-hack.

Good day to you sir. And get rid of that stupid hat.

mess-hack: "ye may know" is a misprint

john w

Hall of Fame
Claiming "I am saved" comment comes from elitism spirit.

Claiming "I am not sure if I am saved" is a lost spirit, flipping the bird at God the Father, and His Christ, asserting that they are impotent, like you, unable to give us assurance, hope, "good news."

Good day to you, troll.

Robert Pate

Banned
Sure, but the law was not carried out.
By law, adultery and murder demanded the death sentence of the person that committed the crime.

David repented and asked for forgiveness and was forgiven. If he had not repented, God's justice would have fallen on him like a ton of rocks.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If David had not repented and asked for forgiveness, the law would have been carried out.
So all murderers and adulterers in the OT kingdom of Israel could just say "I'm sorry, I did wrong" and the law can't touch them?
Cool.
I don't think so, but I'll leave you to your view.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV
(8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Nanja

All that God does, he does according to law. Today's legal system is based upon God's law. If you commit a crime you will find yourself in a court of law and will be judged according to the law. There are legal words in the Bible like "Justification" and "Condemnation". No one will enter heaven that has not been legally justified by Jesus Christ. There is only one way to be legally justified. Those that are legally saved are justified by Jesus Christ. Trying to be saved through predestination (Calvinism) or an infused righteousness (Catholicism) are illegal and not according to God's way or his law.

If God declared that you are saved it would have to be on the merit of Jesus Christ and not on the Merit of your own works or righteousness. We all stand before God's court as guilty. This is why Paul wrote, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. We all need to be justified since we are all helpless sinners, justification must come to us outside of ourselves. It has in the person of Jesus Christ.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that JUSTIFIES the UNGODLY (guilty sinners) his faith (not his works or obedience) is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5. In God's court faith in Jesus Christ counts for righteousness. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand before God's court as justified. The righteousness of Christ is imputed to us and we are justified based upon his merit and his merit alone.

"To declare, I say, at this time HIS righteousness: that he might be just and the justifier of him which believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

The righteousness of another (Jesus Christ) is what saves us. Not a declaration from God that you have been predestinated. Not an infused righteousness that the Bible knows nothing about. Justified by Christ and by Christ alone.

Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus salvation and justification have been provided by Jesus for the whole world, 1 John 2:2, 1 John 4:14, Hebrews 2:9, plus many other scriptures.

"By the righteousness of one (Jesus Christ) THE FREE GIFT came upon ALL MEN unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

"Came upon all men" means that it is available to all men. God has provided salvation and justification for everyone. It is offered to all of humanity as a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8. There is no reason for any one to be lost. If Jesus has fulfilled all of the demands of God's holy law and has atoned for the sins of the whole world, then that means all, anyone, everyone, whosoever that shall call upon the name of the Lord can be saved, Romans 10:13.

Just as God imputes righteousness and justification to the saved. He imputes sin and condemnation to the unsaved. In the judgment all that are not found to be justified by Christ and stand before God's court as righteous, will have their sins imputed back to them and will be condemned. "Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin" Romans 4:8. Even though the sins of the world have been atoned for. God can still and will impute sin back to the unbeliever and condemn them to hell.

This is why Paul wrote, "That I might be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is of the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

Faith brings righteousness, not works, obedience or religion.

Not your own faith / believing of the flesh Rom. 8:7-8...
but the Faith which is a Fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22!

"Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his" Rom. 8:9

Robert Pate

Banned
Not your own faith / believing of the flesh Rom. 8:7-8...
but the Faith which is a Fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22!

"Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his" Rom. 8:9

The "New Birth" comes to us by hearing and believing the Gospel.

You must be born again, 1 Peter 1:23. You have not been born again because you have rejected the Gospel and are trying to be saved by the false Gospel of Calvinism.

Jerry Shugart

It is Jesus who knows who is saved or will be saved, not anyone else.

Jesus is Lord and the Judge, friend.

Paul certainly knew that he was saved, as witnessed by his words here:

"And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever" (2 Tim.4:18).​

If you do not know if you are saved or not then you probably aren't! Repent,and believe the gospel of grace.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Paul certainly knew that he was saved, as witnessed by his words here:

"And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever" (2 Tim.4:18).​

If you do not know if you are saved or not then you probably aren't! Repent,and believe the gospel of grace.

thank you for your opinion.

good day.

Nanja

The "New Birth" comes to us by hearing and believing the Gospel.

You must be born again, 1 Peter 1:23. You have not been born again because you have rejected the Gospel and are trying to be saved by the false Gospel of Calvinism.

The spiritually dead can't hear God's Words which are spiritual John 8:43, 47; 1 Cor. 2:13.

First God's elect children Eph. 1:4-5 are Born of God, made Spiritually Alive in New Birth, only then are they capable of Spiritually Hearing God's Words, and Believing Gal. 5:22 the Gospel of God's Grace by which they were Justified before the world began.

2 Tim. 1:8-9
8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Robert Pate

Banned
The spiritually dead can't hear God's Words which are spiritual John 8:43, 47; 1 Cor. 2:13.

First God's elect children Eph. 1:4-5 are Born of God, made Spiritually Alive in New Birth, only then are they capable of Spiritually Hearing God's Words, and Believing Gal. 5:22 the Gospel of God's Grace by which they were Justified before the world began.

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

Rom. 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

You have not been justified. Justification comes by hearing and believing the Gospel. You don't even know what the Gospel is.

Robert Pate

Banned
You don't know what the Gospel of God's Grace is.

The Gospel is not that you think that you nave been predestinated.

The Gospel is that Jesus has reconciled you unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

This reconciliation is yours by simple child like faith in Christ.

Nanja

The Gospel is not that you think that you nave been predestinated.

The Gospel is that Jesus has reconciled you unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

This reconciliation is yours by simple child like faith in Christ.

Incorrect!

The Gospel is that Testimony of the Eternal Grace Given by God to those Chosen In Union with Christ before the World began.

The only kind Faith that pleases God is a Fruit of the Holy Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

But those in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

BTW, The World which was reconciled to God by non-imputation of sin, spoken of in 2 Cor. 5:18-19, applies only to the Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-7: The Body of Christ: His Sheep Is. 53:6: Heb. 13:20!

Robert Pate

Banned
Incorrect!

The Gospel is that Testimony of the Eternal Grace Given by God to those Chosen In Union with Christ before the World began.

The only kind Faith that pleases God is a Fruit of the Holy Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

But those in the flesh cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

BTW, The World which was reconciled to God by non-imputation of sin, spoken of in 2 Cor. 5:18-19, applies only to the Election of Grace Eph. 1:4-7: The Body of Christ: His Sheep Is. 53:6: Heb. 13:20!

You have rejected God's great free gift of salvation and are trying to be saved by a false Gospel.

The scripture says that God has reconciled the WORLD unto himself by Jesus Christ. Salvation is a free gift from God, not an imposition.