ARE YOU DOING ENOUGH?

ARE YOU DOING ENOUGH?

• Total voters

Truster

Deflection only serves to show how thoroughly I trounce you every time I come here. I hate to be the smartest guy in the room but someone has to do it.

I answered the question so it is not a deflection. What I stated proves your ignorance and nothing else. It isn't that difficult either.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
So why is the Lutheran understanding of predestination light years away from the Reformed understanding? You have no answer for that. Reformed act as if they own the doctrine of predestination and the only thing they own is their perversion of it.

The Lutheran denomination has not stayed with Martin Luther's biblical teachings of "Justification by Faith Alone." Today's Lutherans have pretty much reverted back to Rome from the earliest days of protest and doctrinal reformation.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Election was determined prior to creation. Atonement and Justification (forgiveness) occurred in the fullness of time, on the cross, for those already chosen for redemption by God.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you perform any kind of duty towards the Eternal Almighty you must do so in sincerity. You must be:

100% sincere in every intention
100% sincere in every thought
100% correct and sincere in every word you utter
100% sincerity in deed
100% effort in every deed you perform.

ARE YOU DOING ENOUGH AND ARE YOU DOING IT WITH 100% SINCERITY?

QUANTITY AND QUALITY ARE WHAT ARE DEMANDED OF YOU!

No. The law proved to me beyond any doubt my need for a savior.

Epoisses

The Lutheran denomination has not stayed with Martin Luther's biblical teachings of "Justification by Faith Alone." Today's Lutherans have pretty much reverted back to Rome from the earliest days of protest and doctrinal reformation.

This is patently false and to be quite honest Reformed Christians never believed in sola fide to begin with. Reformed are justified by predestination alone and faith is an alien concept.

Eagles Wings

This is patently false and to be quite honest Reformed Christians never believed in sola fide to begin with. Reformed are justified by predestination alone and faith is an alien concept.
You do not act like any LCMS we've met and enjoyed. One is a Pastor and quite outspoken about the differences between Lutherans and Reformed, yet always with utmost respect because we are most grounded in our historic creeds. We are all Trinitarian.

Epoisses

You do not act like any LCMS we've met and enjoyed. One is a Pastor and quite outspoken about the differences between Lutherans and Reformed, yet always with utmost respect because we are most grounded in our historic creeds. We are all Trinitarian.

I would never speak my mind in church the way I do on this forum. I'm a good little boy in church who rarely ruffles feathers. That's what is so great about the internet. I don't have to look at your ugly face.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you perform any kind of duty towards the Eternal Almighty you must do so in sincerity. You must be:

100% sincere in every intention
100% sincere in every thought
100% correct and sincere in every word you utter
100% sincerity in deed
100% effort in every deed you perform.

ARE YOU DOING ENOUGH AND ARE YOU DOING IT WITH 100% SINCERITY?

QUANTITY AND QUALITY ARE WHAT ARE DEMANDED OF YOU!

Are you asking if we are performing enough works?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Truster wants to write his own bible -

Nah, i think he just sees himself as a new Johnathan Edwards.

Psalm 18:25
With the kind You show Yourself kind;
With the blameless You show Yourself blameless;
With the pure You show Yourself pure,
And with the crooked You show Yourself astute.
For You save an afflicted people,
But haughty eyes You abase.
For You light my lamp;
The Lord my God illumines my darkness.

Truster

For You light my lamp;

Why you have chosen verses from a Messianic psalm is questionable. You darken knowledge with your spiritual blindness and you are most certainly not for truth.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

For You light my lamp;

Why you have chosen verses from a Messianic psalm is questionable.

Of course it is for you, who lack discernment. That was posted for those who understand that God deals with us, as we deal with others. Be real careful now. I wouldnt want to see you bring something on yourself from what you wish on others.

You darken knowledge with your spiritual blindness and you are most certainly not for truth.
Because you didn't understand the application of the passage. It did not return void, I assure you.

The Truth is Him, and i point to Him, not myself. Nothing good in me, dwells, except Him. You? Testify for us, like you want others to do for you.