Are pro-lifers who say No exception 4 rape/incest.. extremists?

genuineoriginal

I simply want a rape victim to have the CHOICE to abort if they so choose.
There really is no reason to want a rape victim to have the "choice" to abort without also wanting every pregnant woman to have the same "choice".

I don't believe any woman should have the "choice" to abort the living human child in her womb because the goal of an abortion is to end the life of a living human child.

republicanchick

There really is no reason to want a rape victim to have the "choice" to abort without also wanting every pregnant woman to have the same "choice".

I don't believe any woman should have the "choice" to abort the living human child in her womb because the goal of an abortion is to end the life of a living human child.

amen.

And thank you for standing up for those who cannot stand up for themselves

(those losers...)

according to many folks, they are losers... (but those folks would, of course, never admit to hating people who have no power... )

___.

republicanchick

Greg, I have a question for you. But, before I ask it, let me explain something to you. When I was 18, I was raped. A few weeks (maybe about two months, give or take), I thought I was pregnant. I took a pregnancy test and it came up positive. I didn't know what to do. I knew that, if I had to look at that baby's face every day, I would think of my rapist and relive what had happened to me. I also knew that there was no way I could raise a baby. My family blamed me for the rape, telling me that if I hadn't been out at that time of night, it would never have happened.

Do you think I should have gotten an abortion, just based on what I've told you? I will tell you now that I didn't get an abortion. But, I will also tell you that I ended up miscarrying the baby. One of my friends, who lived close to me, came to me when she heard that I was pregnant and asked me if she and her husband could adopt the baby. They had been trying for five years and she couldn't conceive. Before I miscarried, I decided to let them adopt the baby. It wasn't because of anything she did or said, either. What helped me was someone showing me emotions, that you seem to totally disregard. A Christian couple were at the clinic the day I found out I was pregnant. The woman saw me come out, crying because I had no idea what to do. She and her husband offered to let me stay with them, they would cover all my medical costs (obstetric and counselling costs). They didn't ask me to give them the baby or do anything to earn my keep. All they did was show me that someone loved me. It was because of that couple that I eventually got over what had happened to me. It is because of that couple, that my late husband and I did the same thing, several times over. We would offer our home with all expenses taken care of to pregnant girls (raped or not). We didn't ask them to give us their babies. And, we showed them that we loved them no matter what. In the six years we were together, we helped four girls out like that. To help a girl who has been raped and may be pregnant, you have show emotion. This is an emotional event. Stepping back and being totally clinical about their situation does not help them at all.

wow... this is inspiring

and here i was beginning to think that "everyone" is a selfish, ungodly... so and so...

+++

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Was going to rep this but couldn't. I agree with you one hundred percent on this, go.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
wow... this is inspiring

and here i was beginning to think that "everyone" is a selfish, ungodly... so and so...

+++

Thank you. But, I don't do it so people can see that I'm not selfish. I do it because I've been in their shoes and know that they need help at that point in their lives. I wouldn't have said anything (because I don't believe in bragging about how or when I help people). But, I felt that Greg needed to see another side of the "emotional" side of this.

moparguy

Way to be purposefully thick. You know exactly what I meant, but I'll clarify it for you anyway:...

I'm thick, and yet you don't get the obvious comparison that was being made? All people in any group of people (the "host") are parasites? Worse yet, in many cases, "Parasites" by their own informed choice? The two sentences were meant to be read together; the second clarifies the first.

an old person doesn't require oxygen and nutrition coming from another person's circulatory system in order to survive. A fetus prior to 22 weeks does. That clear now?

I knew what you meant.

Oh goodness gracious. Have you ever seen the movie Footloose? You could learn something from it, old-timer.

Shockingly, not everybody agrees with you, yes, even people who's age you have no way of knowing; as if relative age means a person can't tell truth.

To apply your (I'm having to guess) implied argument equally; Ok, than, don't ban anything people do, because they'll still do it anyways! Even things you think are actually wrong; like, say, banning things people will do anyways.

Again, if I mention only one species, and you can't figure out what species I'm talking about, then your reading comprehension skills need a refresher.

You're exhibiting the bad habit of assigning stupidity for no good reason. There was exactly zero in the language of my post that indicated that I didn't know what you were indicating.

I pointed out your lack of usage because it's common for people to do nearly everything they can to de-humanize those they are trying to make themselves feel ok about being intentionally killed. Ie: the dirty huns, the evil-hook nosed banker jew, and in this particular case, evil life-destroying parasitic blobs of flesh, and so on. It's a common tactic. If you're going to try and justify intentionally killing a human, acknowledge what you're doing.

I know good and well some women will be upset by what the child in their womb represents to them; sometimes very much so. That fact is not something to avoid. It's something to acknowledge and address honestly.

What you call "fallacies" most would call "science and data."

Really?

How do you know what "I call fallacies" ...? Should I make it a habit to assume things about you that I can't know? Especially derogatory things?

As far as learning any truth from science - If P, than Q, Q, therefore P.

Example: I see that the streets are wet after it has rained, so I conduct an experiment to see if streets get wet from rain. I observe that the streets are wet after it has rained (P). Because my experiment says rain makes streets wet(Q), I state that if a street is found that is wet, it must have rained(P).

Repetition of the experiment by many others, and accounting for as many other factors as you humanly can won't eliminate this basic fallacy; it is inherent in all experimentation. You can never account for unknown unknowns. Even that raging fundie christian bible thumper bertrand russel acknowledged this inherent problem. That's not even addressing the fact that you can't observe truth with any of your senses or find it with your unaided mind.

You can try anything you like, but you're always going to lean on a fallacy to justify this statement:
Forcing a raped woman to go through with her pregnancy, while giving her no option to terminate from the very moment of conception, is just ridiculous and cruel.

This last bit is funny: you think that I'm being underhanded by stating the fact that the Bible has no bearing on the laws of the land?

No, I think you were being underhanded for trying to make me give up everything I believe on a topic just because you ask me to. Again, I'm perfectly happy to discuss any sort of justifications that come down the pipe. Are you unwilling to do so? If you think something's really bad or laughably false, than you ought to be able to refute it, so everyone else can see why it's wrong.

You say I'm not going to the founders for my constitutional knowledge of "separation of church and state?

No, I didn't. Perhaps I should have bolded the "If." I was pointing out that if you appeal to the constitution, you have to define and use the language in the same way they did. "Church" (aka, establishment of religion) did not mean to them what the modern irrational and hateful expansion of that word means in the case of the first amendment argument.

----

Yet again, you presume to know things that you have no way of knowing, in this case what I've read over my whole life.

Have you bothered to read the early drafts proposed for the first amendment? Have you read the state ratification discussions of the first amendment? Do you even know if the federalist and anti-federalist letters touch on the first amendment?

Do you have any idea if I have or have not?

How did the founders define "Establishment of religion?" Not as "anything non-secular in the public square," which is how it's wrongly defined these days by many. As a matter of fact, the first amendment didn't make individual state churches illegal. It made a federal government established church illegal; there were several individual states that had government established churches; said states voted to ratify the constitution and they retained their government churches.

So if you are arguing that the Bible should be some sort of authority in regards to the laws of the land then you're greatly mistaken, as Mr. Jefferson just told you, particularly in the underlined portion above.

I haven't made an argument on that topic. All that I've said that touches on that particular facet is that law is based on ethics and because of this can only come after the ethics are decided.

republicanchick

Thank you. But, I don't do it so people can see that I'm not selfish. I do it because I've been in their shoes and know that they need help at that point in their lives. I wouldn't have said anything (because I don't believe in bragging about how or when I help people). But, I felt that Greg needed to see another side of the "emotional" side of this.

hey, I never said you wrote this to get credit for not being selfish

but I think a lot of times people hide their good deeds b/c they think it is immodest to share them w/ others... when really... it is only wrong to tell others of your good deeds if your only or primary motive is to get people to think you are "good"

As we all know, there "is none good but God"

I think people should share their good deeds with others so that others will realize.. that everyone is not just .. living for him or herself... and when I read about this kind of thing, it is very uplifting and encouraging.. and helps me to keep going... you know, we humans... we all get rather tired of... the world.. the flesh and the devil..

= discouragement.. depression

:)

+

republicanchick

yeh... once u approve of it for SOME reasons (not that there are any good, valid reasons) there is no reason not to make excuses for other (even really bogus so called)"reasons"

_+__