Are pro-lifers who say No exception 4 rape/incest.. extremists?

republicanchick

Hey, some say we pro lifers who believe in rights for ALL people (even if said people are conceived by losers [criminals]) are extremists

Hmm...

Strange world, it is .. where those who would SAVE life are seen as "extremists," but those who would butcher innocent, helpless.. (vote-less) children... THAT is not seen (by the Left) as extremist.. !!!

Even some so-called pro life people have drunk the Kool-aid of the Left..

and say that at least we should have legalized abortion for those POOR POOR women who were raped, or the victims of incest...

Yeh, these days 2 wrongs do make a right...

These people (aside from not believing in equal rights) do not understand Post Abortion Syndrome. They do not understand that they are proposing something that is VERY detrimental to... not just children but their mothers.

Few women celebrate their abortions... Maybe a few psycho, sicko ones here & there... The majority live with constant regret

nightmares, flashbacks, depression, substance abuse... not being able to forgive themselves. And some attempt or commit suicide

I forgot to say also that some lose interest in sex (That ought to concern the selfish "men" who think abortion is some kind of good thing b/c it gets them out of responsibility)

Abortion kills women and children both...

+

republicanchick

I would ask them if they think it would be just to legally require unborn children conceived in rape to be aborted.

well, i am not sure what u are getting @... but once some heinous practice is legalized, it is thereby condoned and can EASILY then become mandatory

In a way, abortion is already virtually mandatory b/c women are sent the message that if they are unmarried, in a bad relationship or whatever, they should (need to.. whatever) get an abortion

Certainly those who have been raped or the victim of incest are PRESSURED into abortion as the "only option"

sad... pathetic

not 2 mention Scary

We are NOT a civilized society. Morally, we are out of control

___

glassjester

well, i am not sure what u are getting @... but once some heinous practice is legalized, it is thereby condoned and can EASILY then become mandatory

It would be worth discussing why they do not believe it should be required.

Another avenue worth exploring: Should it be legal to kill a newborn child that was conceived by rape?

republicanchick

It would be worth discussing why they do not believe it should be required.

Another avenue worth exploring: Should it be legal to kill a newborn child that was conceived by rape?

no, most pro-abortion people think that once "it" is born, it has magically become human..

unless the mother doesn't want him or her???

hmmm

Well, anyway, we should focus on the unborn being killed in the womb, as they are the ones being tortured and murdered.

"Bless the beasts and the children, for in this world... they have no choice..."

+

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No ... they are consistent.

A child conceived out of rape or incest are every bit as innocent and worthy of life as those conceived via consensual sex.

Greg Jennings

Are pro-lifers who say No exception 4 rape/incest.. extremists?

I'd say so. Can't imagine why anyone would force a rape victim to go through even more shame and life changing stress that she never asked or consented for. A bit cruel wouldn't you say?

If the woman wants to go full-term and have the rape-baby then by all means let her. But she should never be forced to. Rape is pretty much the most horrifying experience short of murder that a woman (or anyone for that matter) can go through.

Huckleberry

I'd say so. Can't imagine why anyone would force a rape victim to go through even more shame and life changing stress that she never asked or consented for. A bit cruel wouldn't you say?

If the woman wants to go full-term and have the rape-baby then by all means let her. But she should never be forced to. Rape is pretty much the most horrifying experience short of murder that a woman (or anyone for that matter) can go through.

Abortion survivor Melissa Ohden

I'm curious what you would say to someone like Melissa Ohden.

genuineoriginal

Your solution to the trauma of rape is to convince the woman to murder her own child?

You are a complete moron.

genuineoriginal

No. It's to avoid further trauma to the rape victim.
Murdering a child inside the rape victim is not avoiding further trauma.

You don't come across as the conversational type. Would you prefer if everyone just caved in to your archaic views?
I am quite conversational.
Just because I don't agree with your archaic plans to murder children does not mean we can't have a conversation about it.

The Bible mentions many times about "passing children through the fire" which is a mention of infanticide.
The Greeks mention "exposing" children when they want them to die.

Your method is no more barbaric than either of them and accomplishes the same result: a dead baby.

So, what would you like to converse about?

Greg Jennings

Murdering a child inside the rape victim is not avoiding further trauma.
I won't bother trying to convince you that it might not be murder.

If the rape victim wants an abortion, how is giving that to her not avoiding further trauma? And how is denying her that avoiding further trauma?

I am quite conversational.
Just because I don't agree with your archaic plans to murder children does not mean we can't have a conversation about it.

The Bible mentions many times about "passing children through the fire" which is a mention of infanticide.
The Greeks mention "exposing" children when they want them to die.

Your method is no more barbaric than either of them and accomplishes the same result: a dead baby.

So, what would you like to converse about?

The Bible mentions many grotesque and outdated practices. I don't think that's a road you want to go down.

You do realize that I am against abortion in all cases but rape and incest don't you? Probably not. Probably didn't care to find out

Huckleberry

That her mother had the right to do what she did, but that I very glad she is alive and well in the world today
And you see no contradiction there?

If you're glad she's alive and well, then you must necessarily disagree with the abortion that should have killed her. If you agree with her survival, you can't agree with her destruction.

Or will you say that you somehow agree with both her survival and her attempted destruction? Is it a 50/50 sort of thing? 60/40 maybe?

Here's the thing. You can't have it both ways. You can't argue that person A has the right to end the life of person B, then celebrate person B's surviving the killing blow. Whose side are you on?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You do realize that I am against abortion in all cases but rape and incest don't you? Probably not. Probably didn't care to find out

WHY are you against other abortions? Circumstances do not define the value of the unborn baby. Either innocent babies are deserving of life or they are not. Which is it?

Greg Jennings

So ... in order to heal, she feels she needs to traumatize her unborn baby ... who will then be *her* victim? :think:

For some reason I doubt that's how she sees it. And her view is really the only one that counts when talking of trauma to her, isn't it?

Greg Jennings

WHY are you against other abortions? Circumstances do not define the value of the unborn baby. Either innocent babies are deserving of life or they are not. Which is it?

For the very reasons I mentioned: I think it's always a tragedy, but nobody should have to bear additional emotional trauma after being raped if they don't want to. That's cruel. And the science is unclear on when a fetus becomes conscious. I certainly don't want her waiting past twelve weeks to abort the fetus given to her via rape, but if there is ever an exceptional scenario then that's it