Are Abortion Protests Effective?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
ok i can see the point of the original post but you cannot force this apon people as it takes away there rights to think freely and you may as well be taking their freedom away while your at it, what im trying to get at is imagine you had somebody hassling you to do something that you really didnt want to do or have to go through with..... its just as bad as peir pressure, eg a school bully is trying to make the weedy kid to throw a egg at the headteacher christians being the bully and whomever the woman may be being the weedy kid.

Yes, trying to prevent the murder of an innocent child is a lot like being a bully...:rolleyes:

ragTagblues

Yes, trying to prevent the murder of an innocent child is a lot like being a bully...:rolleyes:

I think you have maybe missed his point.

By out-lawing abortion you are essentialy taking away a basic human right, a persons freedom to choose. Not everyone can see or has an easy task of making abortion so black and white. Abortion in your eyes is just murder and the loss of a life, fair enough; but what does abortion mean to a pregnant women who has no partner and can barely afford to survive? It means her not ruining her life with a constant struggle she is ill suited to take on.

Can you say it is right for a child to be brought into this world with no family surrounding it and the mother fighting to survive herself in this world? Would you bring a child into and imperfect situation? The fact is that in SOME cases abortion has to be the best option.

skeptech

I asked TOL's own Truthtreker and Denver Bible Church member Jo Scott to shed some light on what goes on in the pro-life movement (at street level) and she sent me the following email today.

The following email is EXTREMELY POWERFUL!

Please read it and let me know what you think. Jo and folks like her are the real heroes in my eyes.
They're certainly effective at changing the minds of some mothers who are about to get an abortion.
Will abortion protesters or sidewalk counselors ever end abortion? Absolutely not! They will stop some abortions, but only a healthy, living and loving church can end abortion.
This will never happen.

No surprise, but this article has a biased view of the truth.

Whether or not to support abortion is a value judgement. As society values the unborn fetus, so it reflects on the tolerance for abortions. As the population grows and is depersonalized, support for abortions will rise. If the population shrinks too much, support for abortions will fall. We don't need to have children in the same way our ancestors did. We have a different social support network, and more control over when and how we conceive and give birth. It's simply a balance of the tools we have and what we want to do with them.

Of course, this isn't going to wash with anyone who is convinced that we're under some supernatural obligation to oppose abortion, but that's just their subjective opinion....

skeptech

If we truly CARE about the innocent.... do we want to see them cursed to grow up in homes where they are taught to curse God & die?

I've always wondered about this, too. The best response I've received is that "God commands us not to kill them, so we don't." But I find that unfulfilling. If I can guarantee the saving of 1000 babies, straight to heaven, who would otherwise go to hell, then isn't that worth the sacrifice of my going to hell?

Truthtrecker said:
They are robbed of the opportunity to glorify Christ on earth, never to receive the crowns they could have earned, given the chance.
Are there different levels of heaven, depending on how many "crowns" you've earned? Why is it bad to just skip earth and go straight to glorifying Christ in heaven??

Every time an abortionists kills a child he increases God's wrath against him for all eternity.
And different levels of wrath, too? Isn't going to hell pretty much as bad as it gets?

God says that it is better to tie a millstone around your neck and be thrown into the deepest sea rather than hurt one of His little ones.
But that way I could guarantee 1000 more saved souls.... Wouldn't that be a worthy sacrifice? Talk about martyrdom!

DavesWorldView said:
Zapp in 1942: If we truly CARE about the Jews.... do we want to see them cursed to grow up in homes where they are taught to curse God & die?
I don't think we do.... Do you?

Aimey said:
Not to mention the person making the decision to end the life is not the one making the sacrifice.
Why is that? Who else is sacrificing eternal bliss in heaven?

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

By out-lawing abortion you are essentialy taking away a basic human right, a persons freedom to choose. Not everyone can see or has an easy task of making abortion so black and white. Abortion in your eyes is just murder and the loss of a life, fair enough; but what does abortion mean to a pregnant women who has no partner and can barely afford to survive? It means her not ruining her life with a constant struggle she is ill suited to take on.

Can you say it is right for a child to be brought into this world with no family surrounding it and the mother fighting to survive herself in this world? Would you bring a child into and imperfect situation? The fact is that in SOME cases abortion has to be the best option.

Could you please describe to me, in your own words, the basic procedure used in most abortions?

Bringing a child into an imperfect situation? You sound like a Nazi with a quality of life issue...

CRASH

TOL Subscriber

You are vile and disgusting for thinking we should kill people because of economic issues, lack of a family, or because the situation is imperfect! You are scum.:mad:

ragTagblues

Could you please describe to me, in your own words, the basic procedure used in most abortions?

Bringing a child into an imperfect situation? You sound like a Nazi with a quality of life issue...

Truth is I probably can't and yes I don't really want to know the procedure of abortion.

Let me say that if my partner was pregnant with my child (I hope this doesn't happen for a while yet) then I could never ask her to have an abortion. That desicion would be entierly up to her. I know that I couldn't actively kill something that is my flesh and blood, I have always wanted kids and I always will. So don't assume me to be hard hearted, because the thruth is even though I am in no position to become a father I wouldn't even consider abortion because I would want the child.

My point is that not everybody is lucky enough to be able to see it this way, having a baby is a life changing decision that you have to be ready for. I think abortion is vital and I will continue to think so inspite of my own personal veiws.

You are vile and disgusting for thinking we should kill people because of economic issues, lack of a family, or because the situation is imperfect! You are scum.:mad:

The feeling is completely mutual!

obsolete53

So if your "partner" wanted to kill your child by abortion that would be alright with you even though you would be against her aborting your child. Am I observing a contradiction here?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You don't even know the facts and yet you choose to judge?

Let me check :poly: yep that sounds like hypocrisy

Are you saying that we all have a log (hypocrisy) so we cannot talk about the speck (abortion)?
I was talking about the hypocrisy regarding the abortion debate. If you want to talk about my OWN hypocrisy, then please start another thread about THAT. Will you?

I said something to the effect that there will be no understanding in the abortion debate until the pro-life and pro-choice sides become accountable to their own hypocrisy. And I haven't seen much accountability on that score.

For Pete's sake, stick to the subject! What is it that is preventing you from actually reading posts, thinking about them, and only then posting about them?

QueenAtHome

The only way we are able to point to something in others is that we have experienced or acted on that very same "something." Jesus tells us to be accountable to the log in our own eye before we talk about the speck of sawdust in someone else's eye.

As already mentioned you don't know the facts. I have stood next to people that have lost their child do to an abortion. So, I think they can speak!

I have also stood next to people that were a prevented abortion. I think they can speak.

QueenAtHome

Truth is I probably can't and yes I don't really want to know the procedure of abortion.

Let me say that if my partner was pregnant with my child (I hope this doesn't happen for a while yet) then I could never ask her to have an abortion. That desicion would be entierly up to her. I know that I couldn't actively kill something that is my flesh and blood, I have always wanted kids and I always will. So don't assume me to be hard hearted, because the thruth is even though I am in no position to become a father I wouldn't even consider abortion because I would want the child.
It takes two to tango buddy. You say that the decision for an abortion is entirely up to your partner, but then mention that you wouldn't kill your own child. Then why would you not fight tooth & nail for that child?! If someone came into my home and told me that they were going to take my child away and kill her, I would do everything in my strength to prevent that person.
My point is that not everybody is lucky enough to be able to see it this way, having a baby is a life changing decision that you have to be ready for.
so is the death if your child.

ragTagblues

I think you have all missed my point.

While I would not want the abortion, I understand that more responsibility would rest on my partner as it is her body. If she didn't feel ready to do it then I couldn't and wouldnt force her. Regardless of my own feelings.

I would never force someone to have a child they didn't want. I would never force someone to have my child, I would feel like a pretty rotten human being (just waiting for you people to say I am).

Neither would I bring this child into the world knowing one of us didn't want it.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
And He said, “What have you done? The voice of your brother’s blood cries out to Me from the ground.
-Genesis 4:10

The blood of the innocent cries out to God for vengeance.

fool

Hall of Fame
Neither would I bring this child into the world knowing one of us didn't want it.

She made her decision when she spread her legs.
Dosen't matter if you want it, you can hand it to the nurse and walk away if you want.

ragTagblues

She made her decision when she spread her legs.
Dosen't matter if you want it, you can hand it to the nurse and walk away if you want.

So were not allowed to enjoy ourselves because of the risk of pregnany :help: !

And that don't mean jack because of contraceptive and that can go wrong, I would call that not having a sodding choice!

fool

Hall of Fame
So were not allowed to enjoy ourselves because of the risk of pregnany :help: !
Enjoy yourself all you want.
But if you get pregnant your joy takes a back seat to the welfare of the person you just made.
And that don't mean jack because of contraceptive and that can go wrong, I would call that not having a sodding choice!
"The condome broke" hasen't got a single man out of child support, why should it work for women?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
"The condome broke" hasen't got a single man out of child support, why should it work for women?
Amen!

I'd pos rep you for this, but I just neg repped you for a sick post you made elsewhere.