ARCHIVE: My niece is gay and I love her for it. So does God.

the Sibbie

Originally posted by wickwoman
Have you seen God's sexual organs?
Like I said before,
Originally posted by Sibbie
It is really sad when some people tell us we need to accept homosexuals and transvestites for what they think they are, yet some of these same people are not able to accept the fact that God is a He and not a She. :kookoo:

Originally posted by wickwoman
You make me think your God is waiting to bash me over the head.
Well, I guess I should have been more clear. He might not be waiting around at the exact moment, He is waiting in the long run.
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them. Matthew 21:43-45
The stone is Christ. And He will ground you and your friends to powder unless you repent of your wickedness and accept Him as your Savior, through whom you can obtain an eternal life with Him.

It's not like you are the only one. I also would be included if I had not repented and accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. I just hope someday you will find the truth.

Z Man

Originally posted by aquamulier
" but can you not see the sin you are commiting?"

Hmmm...nope.
Just because it feels good to be with your girlfriend, Aqua, doesn't mean it's right. Don't be foolish and succeptable to your emotions; don't let sin reign over you. Take a stand for your life and truth; recognize and confess your need for a Savior. You're not the only one who needs Him; every being on this planet needs Him! So don't take offense when a person says that you need to be saved. Instead, take heed the words of those who are blessed with that wisdom.

We love you Aqua, and we only want what's best for you.

Freak

" but can you not see the sin you are commiting?"

Hmmm...nope.
Aqua, Jesus desires to transform your life and give you eternal life with Him. But you must repent of your homosexuality.

One Eyed Jack

Originally posted by Z Man
Just because it feels good to be with your girlfriend, Aqua, doesn't mean it's right. Don't be foolish and succeptable to your emotions; don't let sin reign over you. Take a stand for your life and truth; recognize and confess your need for a Savior. You're not the only one who needs Him; every being on this planet needs Him! So don't take offense when a person says that you need to be saved. Instead, take heed the words of those who are blessed with that wisdom.

We love you Aqua, and we only want what's best for you.

Z Man, where ya been? Good to see you again. :)

aquamulier

"Just because it feels good to be with your girlfriend, Aqua, doesn't mean it's right. Don't be foolish and succeptable to your emotions; don't let sin reign over you. Take a stand for your life and truth; recognize and confess your need for a Savior. You're not the only one who needs Him; every being on this planet needs Him! So don't take offense when a person says that you need to be saved. Instead, take heed the words of those who are blessed with that wisdom.

We love you Aqua, and we only want what's best for you."

"Aqua, Jesus desires to transform your life and give you eternal life with Him. But you must repent of your homosexuality."

I do apreciate the good intentions all of you have, but you must understand that I believe that you are wrong just as firmly as you believe you are wrong. I do what I believe is best for me just as you do what you believe is best. We are the same, we just hold different opinions about the world.

Aqua

Freak

We are the same, we just hold different opinions about the world.

Aqua
We are quite different as we have been adopted into God's family.

Elena Marie

Originally posted by taoist
But oh my, is this getting rich ... "Jeffery Dahmer was being true to himself, as well." Now, I've never seen a comment directed toward a lesbian from a female more suggestive of an obvious one-liner comeback. I'm dying here. Stop already, please.

:darwinsm: Touche. I never would have made that connection, my mind doesn't think that way, but it is a good pun.

Folks, let's try to stay away from confusing lesbians with cannibals, okay? I'm all up for a joke, but people who believe in taking communion, ugh, shouldn't be so quick to bring up the eating flesh and drinking blood thing, IMHO. It's redolent with a certain scent of hypocrisy.

Taoist, I was thinking of the most insane person I've ever heard of, and he was the first on the list.

Z Man

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack
Z Man, where ya been? Good to see you again. :)
Hey OEJ.

I've been around. Mainly doing the small stuff like Word Association and stuff. I just haven't had the time recently to post that much lately, since I've started college and all. Anyways, I should pop up more often now during the holiday season. Thanks for the salutations. Good to see you too!

:zman:

Z Man

I do what I believe is best for me just as you do what you believe is best.
And that's where you are wrong Aqua. I try not to do what I think is best because everytime I do I mess up! That's the fundamental problem with humans; we make mistakes. We suck at being perfect! Our idea of what is best most of the time ends up giving us a bad experience in the long run.

Instead of doing what I think best, I trust in God and try to do what He thinks is best. I've heard you say that you love God some time ago, earlier in this same thread. If that's true, than give up your girlfriend, what you think is best for you, and just let God be the love of your life. By doing what you believe to be the best thing, you are telling God you don't need Him. You can get by in life just fine without Him, since you know what's best for you anyways. If you truely believe in God, like you've said you do, then you will also agree with me that what you are doing is wrong. Stop trusting in yourself and surrender to God. Give up your wants for now and allow God to satisfy your appetite for love and companionship. When you do, you'll realize just how happy you really can be. :)

aquamulier

I DON'T believe in your god. I don't believe that anything that tells me to ignore my own common sence and intuition could possibly be a good idea. I believe in a creator of the universe, but I have seen no good evidence that this creator wants us to abandon the reasoning skills that he/she gave us and just do whatever a book or a preacher tells us. Sorry, no sale. I maintain that you do what you feel is best for you and I do what I feel is best for me. Dizziely IS what's best for me. If you met her you'd know that. Later

Aqua

Freak

I believe in a creator of the universe, but I have seen no good evidence that this creator wants us to abandon the reasoning skills that he/she gave us Aqua

Aqua, this Creator that you speak of has set up a created order that humanity lives by. Natural Law speaks of this reality.

In terms of sexuality, men were not created for other men. Women were not created for other women. Humanity was not created for beast. Natural order is structured in this way to protect you, not to harm you. You are the one who has abandoned the created order and therefore brought chaos into your life.

the Sibbie

Originally posted by Z Man
And that's where you are wrong Aqua. I try not to do what I think is best because everytime I do I mess up! That's the fundamental problem with humans; we make mistakes. We suck at being perfect! Our idea of what is best most of the time ends up giving us a bad experience in the long run.

Instead of doing what I think best, I trust in God and try to do what He thinks is best. I've heard you say that you love God some time ago, earlier in this same thread. If that's true, than give up your girlfriend, what you think is best for you, and just let God be the love of your life. By doing what you believe to be the best thing, you are telling God you don't need Him. You can get by in life just fine without Him, since you know what's best for you anyways. If you truely believe in God, like you've said you do, then you will also agree with me that what you are doing is wrong. Stop trusting in yourself and surrender to God. Give up your wants for now and allow God to satisfy your appetite for love and companionship. When you do, you'll realize just how happy you really can be. :)
I was thinking the same thing, Z Man. Great Post! :up:

the Sibbie

Originally posted by Freak
Aqua, this Creator that you speak of has set up a created order that humanity lives by. Natural Law speaks of this reality.

In terms of sexuality, men were not created for other men. Women were not created for other women. Humanity was not created for beast. Natural order is structured in this way to protect you, not to harm you. You are the one who has abandoned the created order and therefore brought chaos into your life.
Right on, Freak! Another great post! :up:

aquamulier

" In terms of sexuality, men were not created for other men. Women were not created for other women. Humanity was not created for beast. Natural order is structured in this way to protect you, not to harm you. You are the one who has abandoned the created order and therefore brought chaos into your life."

I believe in the natural law that is innate to humanity. Homosexuality is a naturally occurring phenomenon in nature to control population (as I know I've discussed on either this thread or the one I started with a similar name) and therefore does not go against this natural law. Some women were created for other women. Whether you endorse this natural, healthy behavior or not doesn't change that fact. For me to date a man would bring chaos, as well as personal unfulfillment, into my life.

Freak

I believe in the natural law that is innate to humanity.
Ahhhh. Then you do agree with...

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

Aqua, the natural law is the rule of conduct which is prescribed to us by the Creator in the constitution (our very being, the conscience included) of the nature with which He has endowed us. Your conscience is screaming from within you, "Stop Aqua, stop." Your constitution is revolting, for you are attempting to bend created order to your liking.

For me to date a man would bring chaos, as well as personal unfulfillment, into my life.
That is what a person who has rejected created order would like to believe. Natural Law speaks to your very being. You know what you do is not within the created order---humans have dominion over animals (this is order), animals do not have dominion have humanity (that would be chaos)---men and women were created for one another in marriage. Women and women cannot marry neither can man and man. This would be against created order.

Last edited:

Z Man

I DON'T believe in your god.
Obviously...

That's really all I wanted to hear. Earlier in this thread you tried to make it look like you were a gay christian, and that God loved you for being gay. If you did believe in the real God, I just wanted to hear you say that homosexuality was wrong. Then I would believe you were a Christian. You couldn't do that. So now, to hear you say you believe in some other god really drives the point home; YOU NEED SALVATION!
I don't believe that anything that tells me to ignore my own common sence and intuition could possibly be a good idea.
Of course it wouldn't, if we were perfect! But that's not the case. Because every human makes mistakes, we all need a savior.
I believe in a creator of the universe, but I have seen no good evidence that this creator wants us to abandon the reasoning skills that he/she gave us and just do whatever a book or a preacher tells us. Sorry, no sale. I maintain that you do what you feel is best for you and I do what I feel is best for me. Dizziely IS what's best for me.
You love her more than God; you really think God likes that, that He supports that?

I don't think so.... :nono:

taoist

Natural law? Natural? Law?

Now there's a kettle of worms if anybody wants to cut bait. Neither of these concepts are as absolute as you might think. What's the essential difference between a beehive, a robin's nest and a skyscraper? It's a mistake to think that humans are somehow divorced from the natural world, that their products and behavior can be described as anything but natural.

Law is used metaphorically in science to draw a comparison between what we observe consistently and what's enforced through our social and political structures, ones we've created ourselves, by the way. Natural laws aren't carved in stone in any human language, but rather in the language of observation.

I see homosexual behavior in cattle and livestock, homosexual behavior among primates and overpopulated species. As the observations are both repetitively attested and concerned with natural behavior across many realms of the animal kingdom, it's proper to describe them as natural law. To claim they go against nature is to deny the observations of nature apparent to any open-minded observer.

This argument is bogus. No, if you'd like to make the point that homosexuality is wrong, you won't find support in natural law. And while Jesse Jackson's supporters may be happy with reasoning through rhyme scheme — "goo to the zoo," "adam and eve, not adam and steve" — such arguments are likely to fall short of convincing an intelligent audience.