ARCHIVE: My niece is gay and I love her for it. So does God.

aquamulier

This website is nothing but the blind leading the blind. You waste your life worrying about what you're doing or not doing. It consumes your thoughts so much that you can't help but see people only for what they are doing and with whom they are doing it. You're life will be gone and you'll have nothing to show for it but a long list of things you didn't do. IF (and that's a big if) you're right and I am going to hell while the blind of the world go to heaven, at least I will be where I am because I did what I truely TRUELY believed was the right thing and was true to myself. You may be in heaven, but you got there by wasting your life and denying your own feelings. You may pitty me, but I in turn pitty you. Best wishes on your journey.

Aqua

Elena Marie

Aqua--

A very interesting author, G.K. Chesterton, once wrote:

"The men who really believe in themselves are all in lunatic asylums."

From Orthodoxy p. 9

Being "true to onesself" is not all it's cracked up to be. After all, Jeffery Dahmer was being true to himself, as well.

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by aquamulier
This website is nothing but the blind leading the blind. You waste your life worrying about what you're doing or not doing. It consumes your thoughts so much that you can't help but see people only for what they are doing and with whom they are doing it. You're life will be gone and you'll have nothing to show for it but a long list of things you didn't do. IF (and that's a big if) you're right and I am going to hell while the blind of the world go to heaven, at least I will be where I am because I did what I truely TRUELY believed was the right thing and was true to myself. You may be in heaven, but you got there by wasting your life and denying your own feelings. You may pitty me, but I in turn pitty you. Best wishes on your journey.

Aqua

I'm blind? I'm not leaving anything to show? Only hopefully a strong Christian family who will be able to decide right from wrong. I am not denying my feelings, I am doing my best to live for what I feel for God. I will have so much to show when I die and go to my Lord and Savior. You have been given chances, and will probably be given many more, but can you not see the sin you are commiting?

the Sibbie

Aqua
Aqua, what do you propose to do with your long list of things that you have experienced/accomplished once you are dead? How will they benefit you then? Will you rely on others to remember your experiences/accomplishments in order for them to hold any real meaning?

wickwoman

Re: Blind Leading Blind

Let's face reality here. None of you really know what's going to happen when you die. You console yourself by saying you'll be in the special "in" club while the sinners are out "weaping and gnashing teeth." Reality is that what is of God is for ALL and for ALWAYS. God is love and her love is EVERYONE's. You cannot do anything to earn her love. You can't be good and get a nice reward when you die. Love just is. There is nothing else to do or NOT DO.

If you are scared, trying giving up the image of the God you learned about in Sunday school who sits up in Heaven waiting for you to screw up so he can bash you over the head.

taoist

But oh my, is this getting rich ... "Jeffery Dahmer was being true to himself, as well." Now, I've never seen a comment directed toward a lesbian from a female more suggestive of an obvious one-liner comeback. I'm dying here. Stop already, please.

:darwinsm:

Folks, let's try to stay away from confusing lesbians with cannibals, okay? I'm all up for a joke, but people who believe in taking communion, ugh, shouldn't be so quick to bring up the eating flesh and drinking blood thing, IMHO. It's redolent with a certain scent of hypocrisy.

Mr. 5020

I'm Going To Hell, But I EARNED It!

I'm Going To Hell, But I EARNED It!

This website is nothing but the blind leading the blind. You waste your life worrying about what you're doing or not doing. It consumes your thoughts so much that you can't help but see people only for what they are doing and with whom they are doing it.
You obviously don't know many of us.
You're life will be gone and you'll have nothing to show for it but a long list of things you didn't do.
Only atheists have personal accomplishments?
IF (and that's a big if) you're right and I am going to hell while the blind of the world go to heaven, at least I will be where I am because I did what I truely TRUELY believed was the right thing and was true to myself. You may be in heaven, but you got there by wasting your life and denying your own feelings. You may pitty me, but I in turn pitty you. Best wishes on your journey.
I think this statement speaks for itself. :nono:

the Sibbie

Originally posted by wickwoman

Let's face reality here. None of you really know what's going to happen when you die. You console yourself by saying you'll be in the special "in" club while the sinners are out "weaping and gnashing teeth." Reality is that what is of God is for ALL and for ALWAYS. God is love and her love is EVERYONE's. You cannot do anything to earn her love. You can't be good and get a nice reward when you die. Love just is. There is nothing else to do or NOT DO.

If you are scared, trying giving up the image of the God you learned about in Sunday school who sits up in Heaven waiting for you to screw up so he can bash you over the head.
YIKES WOMAN! Or are you a woman? Maybe you are a man? You can't even get God's gender straight. :shocked: What "Bible" are you reading from? And what makes you think that God is just waiting to bash people over the head? He probably has better things to do. But if you think that God is just letting everyone into heaven, including those who hate Him, you better learn a little more about righteous judgement, you can't just let an unrepentent murderer go free. I'm disgusted by women who are so insecure in their own gender that they have to pretend that deep down inside men are really women. :vomit:

ShadowMaid

Let's face reality here. None of you really know what's going to happen when you die.

Actually most of us do know what's going to happen to us when we die. We also know where you are going unless you repent.

Originally posted by wickwoman You console yourself by saying you'll be in the special "in" club while the sinners are out "weaping and gnashing teeth." Reality is that what is of God is for ALL and for ALWAYS.

For all who repent.

Originally posted by wickwoman God is love and her love is EVERYONE's. You cannot do anything to earn her love. You can't be good and get a nice reward when you die. Love just is. There is nothing else to do or NOT DO.

God is just, therefore if we did something wrong He would correct us by 'bashing us over the head.' And I don't think He waits for us to screw up, I think He waits for us to do right.

Mr. 5020

Originally posted by Sibbie
YIKES WOMAN! Or are you a woman? Maybe you are a man? You can't even get God's gender straight. :shocked: What "Bible" are you reading from? And what makes you think that God is just waiting to bash people over the head? He probably has better things to do. But if you think that God is just letting everyone into heaven, including those who hate Him, you better learn a little more about righteous judgement, you can't just let an unrepentent murderer go free. I'm disgusted by women who are so insecure in their own gender that they have to pretend that deep down inside men are really women. :vomit:
:thumb:Good post!

HerodionRomulus

In the Wisdom portions of the OT, the Holy Spirit is regularly personified as a woman.

Jesus spoke of God in feminine terms
"Yet Wisdom is vindicated by her children." Matt. 11:19

and of himself as a female
""Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!" Matt 23:37

"El Shaddai" an ancient term found only in the oldest portions of the OT means "many-breasted One."

The chauvinism of the Hellenistic church obscured this, something which male-supremacists in the church promote still.

the Sibbie

Originally posted by HerodionRomulus
In the Wisdom portions of the OT, the Holy Spirit is regularly personified as a woman.

I believe the "her" is refering to wisdom in a metaphorical sense of course. Christ almost always spoke in parables. Saying that the Son of Man was calling himself a "her" is a major stretch. Especially since Matt. 2:7 says that, "Mary brought forth her firstborn Son...". Note Mary didn't not bring forth a daughter.
""Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often have I desired to gather your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing!" Matt 23:37
Christ speaks of Himself as a protector simply using the hen as an example. Are you saying that a man is not capable of protecting, loving and nurturing his family?
"El Shaddai" an ancient term found only in the oldest portions of the OT means "many-breasted One."
Depends on exactly who this term is referring to. I'm not sure where I can verify that term, but do you think that just because a man's are not raised means they don't have a breast? The only thing your basing it on is the "many" part. Women and men only differ in size in that area of the body, not number.
breast

\Breast\ (br[e^]st), n. [OE. brest, breost, As. bre['o]st; akin to Icel. brj[=o]st, Sw. br["o]st, Dan. bryst, Goth. brusts, OS. briost, D. borst, G. brust.]

1. The fore part of the body, between the neck and the belly; the chest; as, the breast of a man or of a horse.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

The chauvinism of the Hellenistic church obscured this, something which male-supremacists in the church promote still.
If they were such chauvinists, don't you think it is really weird that Christ was able to preach in the synagogues when women were restricted from that?
And he preached in the synagogues of Galilee. Luke 4:44
The is no evidence that Christ was female.

It is really sad when some people tell us we need to accept homosexuals and transvestites for what they think they are, yet some of these same people are not able to accept the fact that God is a He and not a She. :kookoo:

wickwoman

Have you seen God's sexual organs?

You make me think your God is waiting to bash me over the head.

wickwoman

I believe the "her" is refering to wisdom in a metaphorical sense of course. Christ almost always spoke in parables. Saying that the Son of Man was calling himself a "her" is a major stretch. Especially since Matt. 2:7 says that, "Mary brought forth her firstborn Son...". Note Mary didn't not bring forth a daughter.Christ speaks of Himself as a protector simply using the hen as an example. Are you saying that a man is not capable of protecting, loving and nurturing his family? Depends on exactly who this term is referring to. I'm not sure where I can verify that term, but do you think that just because a man's are not raised means they don't have a breast? The only thing your basing it on is the "many" part. Women and men only differ in size in that area of the body, not number.

If they were such chauvinists, don't you think it is really weird that Christ was able to preach in the synagogues when women were restricted from that? The is no evidence that Christ was female.

It is really sad when some people tell us we need to accept homosexuals and transvestites for what they think they are, yet some of these same people are not able to accept the fact that God is a He and not a She. :kookoo:

You are getting Jehovah mixed up with Christ.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by HerodionRomulus

The Holy Spirit as comforter was not referred to in feminine terms, if I'm not mistaken. And as far as the breasts go, God's wings are referred to in scripture as well. Does that make him a bird?

granite

Freak

Let's face reality here. None of you really know what's going to happen when you die.
Yes, we do. That is why you keep coming to this forum because you know in your heart that what we speak of is true. God loves you & Aqua but you must turn to Jesus before you die & enter eternal hell.