ARCHIVE: Do you believe the world is "over populated"?

ARCHIVE: Do you believe the world is "over populated"?

• YES

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • NO

Votes: 28 71.8%

• Total voters
Y

Yxboom

I have flown across country....this world is NOT overpopulated. BTW why is it that Jacques Cousteau and "over-populationists" want to kill millions of people, but not Blue Whales and Bears, they take up more room per capita?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yxboom said:
I have flown across country....this world is NOT overpopulated. BTW why is it that Jacques Cousteau and "over-populationists" want to kill millions of people, but not Blue Whales and Bears, they take up more room per capita?
Good question!

KurtPh

Yxboom said:

Have you flown accross Bangladesh?

I'm glad that you don't consider the United States to be overpopulated. I would agree with you. Then you wouldn't mind increasing the number of individuals allowed to emmigrate to your nation?

I do believe that you're missrepresenting the possition of those who believe population issues are important, and you're Blue Whale/Bear question is just silly; even though they're bigger, the collective weight these creatures do not compare to that of humanity, and, unlike the human race, their numbers are decreasing.

Projill

Evolution would indicate that small animals tend to function better en masse. Perhaps I've just been watching the Discovery Channel again, but there seem to be far more small monkeys than there are great apes. Humans are the only large primates with a population this large.

Redfin

Originally posted by KurtPh

Have you flown accross Bangladesh?

The whales may soon outnumber the people in Bangladesh if the wild weather changes keep escalating.