ARCHIVE: Best evidence for young earth supernatural creation.

PlastikBuddha

I know that, I'd just like to see your evidence, hypothesis, and test that led to your conclusion.

I see- a tall order, because I don't remember when I reached it. I've always, at least as long as I can remember, believed that science is the best way to understand the world. It has never let me down. Not a very satisfying answer, but I can't recall any specific incident. The process is a continuous evaluation of the facts as we perceive them so every time the scientific method is applied and provides the "correct" answer the conclusion that it works is reinforced.

P8ntrDan

No offense, but the best proof of creation of a young earth or whatever is the lack of proof for evolution. Neither can be proven scientifically, so both are theories, and both are based off belief. I just belive evolution to be a lie, as the age is based off of radiocarbon dating, which is terribly inaccurate. Radiocarbon dating has been proven inaccurate by the fact that it dated a freshly killed seal at 1300 years, had a 15,000 year difference in ages from samples taken of the same block of peat, dated a living snail shell at 27,000 years old, and dated a piece of coal that was documented to be 1680 years old at 300,000,000 years. The very most a C-14 dating can give you is 60,000 years because of its half life of 5,730 years. However, the story presented by the bible, with a water dome around the earth and the flood explains the levels of C-14. Also, the Geological timeline that scientists use by looking at rock layers is very inconsistant and a very small percentage of the world actually matches up with it. So, like I said before, the best reason to chose to belive creation is the lack of proof for evolution. Also, the documented timeline for Jesus's ancestory is actually good proof, but, just like Nacho Libre's partner, I guess you're all saying "I only belive in science..."

After seeing a lack of response even though this is the only post that really answered the question asked, I need to bump this back up.

PlastikBuddha

No offense, but the best proof of creation of a young earth or whatever is the lack of proof for evolution. Neither can be proven scientifically, so both are theories, and both are based off belief. I just belive evolution to be a lie, as the age is based off of radiocarbon dating, which is terribly inaccurate. Radiocarbon dating has been proven inaccurate by the fact that it dated a freshly killed seal at 1300 years, had a 15,000 year difference in ages from samples taken of the same block of peat, dated a living snail shell at 27,000 years old, and dated a piece of coal that was documented to be 1680 years old at 300,000,000 years. The very most a C-14 dating can give you is 60,000 years because of its half life of 5,730 years. However, the story presented by the bible, with a water dome around the earth and the flood explains the levels of C-14. Also, the Geological timeline that scientists use by looking at rock layers is very inconsistant and a very small percentage of the world actually matches up with it. So, like I said before, the best reason to chose to belive creation is the lack of proof for evolution. Also, the documented timeline for Jesus's ancestory is actually good proof, but, just like Nacho Libre's partner, I guess you're all saying "I only belive in science..."

C-14 dating isn't used to determine the age of the earth, only of some samples taken from it. Geology is remarkably consinstent- with an old earth. The flood is not supported by the facts. How is Jesus' lineage proof?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Logic is an integral part of science. Only theories? What about the countless advances in technology that make our lives better?

He's not saying that science is only theories...but WHERE science has only theories (ToE) logic prevails.

And it is illogical to believe that life came from nothing. Being the scientific method man you are...can you produce evidence of life coming from non-life? Or is that just a belief (i.e. theory).

If it is just a theory...then logic should prevail in that life only comes from life.

P8ntrDan

C-14 dating isn't used to determine the age of the earth, only of some samples taken from it. Geology is remarkably consinstent- with an old earth. The flood is not supported by the facts. How is Jesus' lineage proof?

.....:nono:

C-14 isn't used to determine the age of the earth, but it is used to back up evolution. The flood actually is supported by the facts-check out the weathering on the sphinx. I'm talking about the geological layers, starting with simple and ending with well, now. They aren't consistant about the world, and human artifacts, such as a doll dug up by mining company, etc, prove even more that it isn't a consisant or accurate method. Jesus lineage is good proof since lineage was one of the few things that was recorded commonly; they didn't go about classifiying species, but recording the family line instead.

PlastikBuddha

He's not saying that science is only theories...but WHERE science has only theories (ToE) logic prevails.

And it is illogical to believe that life came from nothing. Being the scientific method man you are...can you produce evidence of life coming from non-life? Or is that just a belief (i.e. theory).

If it is just a theory...then logic should prevail in that life only comes from life.

Why- death doesn't come only from dead things. As for abiogenesis, no there is no cohesive theory for that yet. Hardly cause to go rushing about saying "Goddidit", though.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Because science is self-correcting, shoddy theories will get the refutation they so richly deserve.

Like life originating from non-life.

Still waiting for your evidence (using the scientific method of course) of life ever coming from non-life.

PlastikBuddha

.....:nono:

C-14 isn't used to determine the age of the earth, but it is used to back up evolution. The flood actually is supported by the facts-check out the weathering on the sphinx. I'm talking about the geological layers, starting with simple and ending with well, now. They aren't consistant about the world, and human artifacts, such as a doll dug up by mining company, etc, prove even more that it isn't a consisant or accurate method. Jesus lineage is good proof since lineage was one of the few things that was recorded commonly; they didn't go about classifiying species, but recording the family line instead.

Are we discussing evolution or the age of the Earth? C-14 dating has not been proven unreliable, and its dating consistently points to an Earth far older than 6,000 years. The geologic record is clear and accurate. His lineage shows who who he was descended from- how does that prove a young Earth?

PlastikBuddha

Like life originating from non-life.

Still waiting for your evidence (using the scientific method of course) of life ever coming from non-life.

1. Earth was a place barren of life.
2. ?
3. There was life.
That's about we all know for sure, right now- and I'm not going to speculate. You can say God created the first life and I won't argue. I don't believe it, but it certainly doesn't contradict what we know right now.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
...His lineage shows who who he was descended from- how does that prove a young Earth?

See my very first post on the very first page. But then again, you would have to be willing to accept a history book as evidence.

I am sure you won't find that too difficult...being you accept things without any evidence at all.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
1. Examination of the evidence. 2. Formulating a hypothesis. 3. Testing the hypothesis.

Have you ever examined the "barren Earth" at the point of creation?

Have you ever tested the "barren Earth" at the point of creation?

So your statement about the Earth being barren is...well...unscientific, therefore according to you...UNTRUE!