ARCHIVE: Best evidence for young earth supernatural creation.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Well, how about some evidence from say, a scientific field that supports what you posted?

Evo

Have you read any of the other posts? Does only that which is a considered scienctific field allowed in the realm of truth?

PlastikBuddha

noguru seemed to indicate earlier by the following quote "Are you going to use this in science class?" that only that which can be discussed in a science class can be considered true.

I quoted a history text (the Bible) and it was excluded as evidence. I wanted to know why? Just because the Bible isn't a science textbook DOESN'T mean that when it talks about scientific matters it isn't true.

It certainly doesn't mean it is true, either. Science requires a bit more than that. Namely, evidence. If all we were basing our assumption that G.W. was indeed the first president of the US of A was one textbook then we would be foolish indeed- but there are many sources for this information.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
It certainly doesn't mean it is true, either. Science requires a bit more than that. Namely, evidence. If all we were basing our assumption that G.W. was indeed the first president of the US of A was one textbook then we would be foolish indeed- but there are many sources for this information.

Can a history book contain scientific truths?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Not in a form that is verifiable- it may allude to them, but the book itself is not evidence.

A history book is not evidence? Oh my gosh.

What evidence can you provide (without using a history text, letter, note, poem, scribble, tablet, etching, etc...) that George Washington was married?

I want scientific evidence...you know...only that which can be proved in say a physics class.

You have to use only that which can be proven using a physics text.

Evoken

What evidence can you provide (without using a history text, letter, note, poem, scribble, tablet, etching, etc...) that George Washington was married?

I want scientific evidence...you know...only that which can be proved in say a physics class.

You are obfuscating. Just post evidence from any scientific dicipline that supports creationism. That is all the OP is asking for.

Evo

PlastikBuddha

The history books are based on facts- verifiable facts. I imagine Washington's marriage was no big secret and that letters, court documents, church records or whatever could be produced to back up that claim. I am willing to accept that he was married until proven otherwise. What does this have to do with the bible being scientific?

SUTG

Should be interesting to see what bob b posts.

Something like "I used to believe in the story of evolution until I became a systems engineer and worked on complex defense systems and then realized that the cell was complex. You can read about this in my Cell Trends Too thread. With the current DNA evidence I realized that the "molecules to man" theory was impossible and the best explanation was the explanation given in genesis which also solves the Starlight Travel problem. Most scientists are now abandoning evolution. I believe the eventually all scientist will abandon the theory, I only hoope i will be alive to see it. Oh yeah, and the Second law of Thermodynamics and ireeducible Complexity."

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
You are obfuscating. Just post evidence from any scientific dicipline that supports creationism. That is all the OP is asking for.

Evo

You are again incorrect. Here is what the opening post asked for:

In the interest of intellectual integrity I would like to ask others "What they believe to be the best evidence for young earth supernatural creation?" Since Bob B has started another thread asking for the best evidence for evolution, I thought we should also consider the other alternatve.

Where in the opening post did it ever mention evidence from a scientific discipline?

Let's try this real slow.

The opening post asked for evidence.

I provided some from a history book.

My evidence was not accepted because it was from a history book and would not be used in a "science class". I am merely trying to determine why is history not considered evidence by noguru!

I then used the same "rules" of excluding that which I was unwilling to accept in asking a history question...but the proof can only come from a science textbook.

I want to know why is a history text not evidence in a science class. And then I want to ask is a science text evidence in a history class?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
The history books are based on facts- verifiable facts. I imagine Washington's marriage was no big secret and that letters, court documents, church records or whatever could be produced to back up that claim. I am willing to accept that he was married until proven otherwise. What does this have to do with the bible being scientific?

In post (#26) you are unwilling to accept a history book as evidence. Now you are willing to accept historical documents (i.e. history texts) as evidence.

I quoted from a history book (the Bible) as evidence. It was excluded because it was not a science book. Why is only that which is in a science book allowed as evidence?

PlastikBuddha

In post (#26) you are unwilling to accept a history book as evidence. Now you are willing to accept historical documents (i.e. history texts) as evidence.

I quoted from a history book (the Bible) as evidence. It was excluded because it was not a science book. Why is only that which is in a science book allowed as evidence?

You can't see the difference between a history textbook and the documents and records that provided its basis? In scientific matters, only scientific evidence is allowed. The bible, history texts, comic books- these don't cut the mustard.

macguy

You can't see the difference between a history textbook and the documents and records that provided its basis? In scientific matters, only scientific evidence is allowed. The bible, history texts, comic books- these don't cut the mustard.

I don't think the Bible is scientific per se, and you're correct in that regard. However, although it is not meant to provide a scientific perspective the purpose of the Bible is to give a historical account of what did occur.

PlastikBuddha

I don't think the Bible is scientific per se, and you're correct in that regard. However, although it is not meant to provide a scientific perspective the purpose of the Bible is to give a historical account of what did occur.

I'm not arguing to throw the bible out with the bath water- just claiming that it is not sufficient to back up a "scientific" claim of supernatural creation. Of course, I haven't seen you try to use it in that way. You already have a good idea of what does and doesn't belong in a discussion like this, and you've argued your side well.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame