Aparently, EVERYTHING is racist and sexist today

The Berean

I've noticed that more and more things are considered "racist" and "sexist" in today's society. I thought it would be a good idea to document how "racist" and "sexist" everything is today,

A female college student who writes for her college newspaper explains why the term "man cave" is so bad.

Man Caves Perpetuate Patriarchy

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
liberals have been whining about this stuff for ages

you're just noticing?

heck, we got one guy here who thinks the redskins should change the team name because some whiny peoples' feelings are hurt about it

PureX

I've noticed that more and more things are considered "racist" and "sexist" in today's society. I thought it would be a good idea to document how "racist" and "sexist" everything is today,

A female college student who writes for her college newspaper explains why the term "man cave" is so bad.

I think you're confusing the media with society in general. According to the media, everything is a raging ethical, moral, and political battle of extreme proportions. For about 20 seconds. Until the next raging ethical, moral, and political battle ensues.

Honestly, I don't think most people give a rat's fanny about any of it. And those who do, are basically just frightened fools looking for demons and scapegoats behind every tree and around every corner. The media stirs them up into a frenzy, for fun and profit, and tries to use them to make it look like their manufactured raging ethical, moral, and political battles are real. When in fact they're just more hyperbolic propaganda intended to keep people tuning in so they can sell their ad time for more money.

That's really all any of this is.

The Berean

I think you're confusing the media with society in general. According to the media, everything is a raging ethical, moral, and political battle of extreme proportions. For about 20 seconds. Until the next raging ethical, moral, and political battle ensues.

Honestly, I don't think most people give a rat's fanny about any of it. And those who do, are basically just frightened fools looking for demons and scapegoats behind every tree and around every corner. The media stirs them up into a frenzy, for fun and profit, and tries to use them to make it look like their manufactured raging ethical, moral, and political battles are real. When in fact they're just more hyperbolic propaganda intended to keep people tuning in so they can sell their ad time for more money.

That's really all any of this is.

A fair point PureX. :think:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

In that case, be sure to include the comments following the opinion.

musterion

If men aren't allowed to "mansplain" anything to women, why is a woman "womansplaining" about man caves?

The Berean

I know. I read them because I followed your link. By include, I mean include those examples of sexism in your overall documentation.

Some of he comments are examples of morons who don't have nothing better to do than to wail on a female writer. They are just trying to insult her in anyway possible because they didn't like what she had to say. That they used "sexist" wording is irrelevent IMO.

My issue with the the article is not so much her encounter with her boyfriend's dirty, filthy, disgusting male roommate but her gross overgeneralization of "man caves" as if all man caves are the same or that it is sexist against women. That is simply absurd. That she is offedned by te very team "man cave" is beyond bizarre to me.

I want a "man cave" where I can keep all my books and perhaps have a mill and a lathe to build stuff. I'm not that much into sports. But whether I call it a "man cave" or a "workshop" it shouldn't matter since neither is a sexist term.

PureX

I want a "man cave" where I can keep all my books and perhaps have a mill and a lathe to build stuff. I'm not that much into sports. But whether I call it a "man cave" or a "workshop" it shouldn't matter since neither is a sexist term.
I promise, it does not matter to the vast majority of women in America or elsewhere. They couldn't care less that you have such a space, or what you call it. The only person to whom it might matter is your wife. And I suspect that she'll be happy as long as you're happy. Because that's how spouses are.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I think man caves are awesome ... especially for those times when when a woman needs to say ... "off to your cave, the rest of the house is mine". :D

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Some of he comments are examples of morons who don't have nothing better to do than to wail on a female writer. They are just trying to insult her in anyway possible because they didn't like what she had to say. That they used "sexist" wording is irrelevent IMO.

In other words, they're being sexist. I don't know how you don't see that as relevant.

My issue with the the article is not so much her encounter with her boyfriend's dirty, filthy, disgusting male roommate but her gross overgeneralization of "man caves" as if all man caves are the same or that it is sexist against women. That is simply absurd. That she is offedned by te very team "man cave" is beyond bizarre to me.

As far as the opinion piece goes, I got a chuckle out of it because it's obvious she was so grossed out that she had to process that grossness somehow. I don't think man cave is a sexist term, myself. I care less about the name of the room and a lot more about the way the man in the room treats the opposite sex.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In the back part of the cave I have stick and ball powder on my work bench. And I don't even reload.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
America can't deal with a problem, that millions of conservatives in denial, refuse to admit exists!

Today's visual minorities are projected to form the majority of the electorate by 2050, and none of them have a history of voting Republican.

Our conservative friends had better hope that they are more tolerant of the "white" minority than the way these groups have been treated for centuries!

glorydaz

America can't deal with a problem, that millions of conservatives in denial, refuse to admit exists!

Today's visual minorities are projected to form the majority of the electorate by 2050, and none of them have a history of voting Republican.

Our conservative friends had better hope that they are more tolerant of the "white" minority than the way these groups have been treated for centuries!

2050? You are quite the optimist, aren't you?