Another Mass Shooting, Another Far Right White Supremacist Trump/MAGA/TuckerCarlson Supporter

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I don't carry a gun because I anticipate getting into a gunfight. I carry a gun because I anticipate being confronted by some idiot who wants to start a knife fight.
Murderers exist. But so do bears, mountain lions, coyotes. And so do my family and neighbors, they all exist too.

Being armed is just being prepared. It's being the opposite of irrational and irresponsible. You just have to be armed in a not-irrational and not-irresponsible manner is all. Keep kids from them. Avoid and prevent negligent discharges.

Keep all your mags fully loaded all the time.

Stuff like that.
I carry pepper spray too. But it is not without its drawbacks.
Quality rifles and carbines have no drawbacks, except for our infernal (as in, to Hell with em!) gun laws which un-Constitutionally infringe our right to "bear" them, which means "to carry".

Idolater

... You're absolutely inured. You're actually saying that the Ukrainians right now, today, this hour, all the families there, the moms with kids, the oldsters, you think that they are better off without tons and tons of AKs and AR pattern rifles? Tons of ammo? Tons of grenade launchers? They should have an endless supply, this is the civilians, not the military. We're doing the same thing right now for the Ukrainian military that Ukrainians should have already done for their own civilians before the war. They should have opened the floodgates and encouraged everyone to get a gun, get two guns, and learn how to shoot them, and stockpile ammunition for them (protect them from the elements!).

That's obviously what should have happened before the war. That's OBVIOUS. Here you are arguing publicly against the obvious.

Inured!
Because Manc apparently can't answer, I have to continue this myself.

And now that @Stripe has entered the fray, we can think about Taiwan, not just Ukraine. It's already established in Manc's avoidance of my interrogation that if Ukraine could go back in time to January, knowing that Russia was coming in February, one of the things that they should have done was distribute rifles and carbines to every man woman and child. And give them all as much ammunition as they could carry----and that includes trailers.

Now what about Taiwan. Ukraine hasn't happened to them yet. So, class, let me see if you're all paying attention: What should Taiwan do right now?

Clock's ticking. Hint above, and also hint: it looks a lot more American than a lot of you are comfortable with.

You know I'm right. You all know I'm right. It's self-evident.

Guns for everyone.

Idolater

They should allow people to own guns, not uphold racist laws that only allow indigenous people own single-shot rifles for hunting.

We should have a gun behind every 7-Eleven.
Yes, except you should have gun 7-Elevens, 7-Elevens that only sell guns, like we have here in America everywhere.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Murderers exist. But so do bears, mountain lions, coyotes. And so do my family and neighbors, they all exist too.

Being armed is just being prepared. It's being the opposite of irrational and irresponsible. You just have to be armed in a not-irrational and not-irresponsible manner is all. Keep kids from them. Avoid and prevent negligent discharges.

Keep all your mags fully loaded all the time.

Stuff like that.

Quality rifles and carbines have no drawbacks, except for our infernal (as in, to Hell with em!) gun laws which un-Constitutionally infringe our right to "bear" them, which means "to carry".
My biggest fear in rural settings or in urban settings is canines. I live in Northern New York at the moment, very rural. There are coyotes in the neighborhood, mixed coyote/dogs, and a very small frequency of timber Wolf. And every breed of domestic dog that you can imagine. We have a military base that's the major economic driver of the county and when there was a lot of people moving in and out of the areas there were a lot of dogs being left behind who became feral.
We have bears. We also have some form of large feline, nobody's caught it on trail cam yet so there's a lot of argument over whether it's a bobcat/lynx or mountain lion/cougar. I don't worry about them nearly as much as I worry about a loose dog.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Thanks for the bump.
For many years, the USCCB has supported a number of reasonable measures to address the problem of gun violence. These include:
  • A total ban on assault weapons, which the USCCB supported when the ban passed in 1994 and when Congress failed to renew it in 2004.
  • Measures that control the sale and use of firearms, such as universal background checks for all gun purchases;
  • Limitations on civilian access to high-capacity weapons and ammunition magazines;
  • A federal law to criminalize gun trafficking;
  • Improved access to and increased resources for mental health care and earlier interventions;
  • Regulations and limitations on the purchasing of handguns;
  • Measures that make guns safer, such as locks that prevent children and anyone other than the owner from using the gun without permission and supervision.

Idolater

My biggest fear in rural settings or in urban settings is canines. I live in Northern New York at the moment, very rural. There are coyotes in the neighborhood, mixed coyote/dogs, and a very small frequency of timber Wolf. And every breed of domestic dog that you can imagine. We have a military base that's the major economic driver of the county and when there was a lot of people moving in and out of the areas there were a lot of dogs being left behind who became feral.
We have bears. We also have some form of large feline, nobody's caught it on trail cam yet so there's a lot of argument over whether it's a bobcat/lynx or mountain lion/cougar. I don't worry about them nearly as much as I worry about a loose dog.
I would sooner ban dogs than machine guns.