All the apostles of Christ preached the grace message

Epoisses

The dispensational assertion that only Paul preached grace is a flat out lie!

Peter preached grace:

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts 15:7-11

Paul preached grace:

Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all, Rom. 4:16

James preached grace:

Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy? But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:5-7

John preached grace:

Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love....The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. 2John 3; Rev.22:21

Even Jesus himself preached grace:

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. 2Cor. 12:7-9

beameup

The Gentiles knew nothing of God's salvation until Paul was saved and was given that info by the risen Christ.
The Jewish believers/disciples were simply following the knowledge revealed in the Old Testament.
The Jews only learned of this new revelation through Paul. See Ephesians 3:4-6

Epoisses

The Gentiles knew nothing of God's salvation until Paul was saved and was given that info by the risen Christ.
The Jewish believers/disciples were simply following the knowledge revealed in the Old Testament.
The Jews only learned of this new revelation through Paul.

The Roman centurion had great faith long before Paul showed up.

BOOM! I just blew your argument out of the air.

Danoh

Of those who make the biggest stink of it on one side of an aisle or another - few of them practice it :chuckle:

Makes sense - GRACE:

GOD's Riches at CHRIST's Expense...

Epoisses

Of those who make the biggest stink of it on one side of an aisle or another - few of them practice it :chuckle:

Makes sense - GRACE:

GOD's Riches at CHRIST's Expense...

I think I agree. Grace the unmerited favor of God that is full and free.

Grace is guaranteed and the only way to lose it is by trying to work for it.

Those that try to work for grace show they have no faith and are unbelievers at heart.

beameup

The Roman centurion had great faith long before Paul showed up.

BOOM! I just blew your argument out of the air.

hmmmmmm let's see, which chapter in Acts is Paul saved in?
Which chapter is Cornelius visited by Peter?
hmmmmmm looks like Cornelius was a proselyte to Judaism:
"And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God,
and of good report among all the nation of the Jews" - Acts 10:22

Which "baptism" was Peter baptized under at this time? I don't think Peter had the "full revelation" in Acts 10.
PS: Did Peter immediately dedicate his ministry to the Gentiles, or did he return to Jerusalem for the next 1 1/2 decades and tell the Jews to "throw out the Law of Moses"?

and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. - 2 Peter 3:15-16

Epoisses

hmmmmmm let's see, which chapter in Acts is Paul saved in?
Which chapter is Cornelius visited by Peter?
hmmmmmm looks like Cornelius was a proselyte to Judaism:
"And they said, Cornelius the centurion, a just man, and one that feareth God,
and of good report among all the nation of the Jews" - Acts 10:22

Which "baptism" was Peter baptized under at this time? I don't think Peter had the "full revelation" in Acts 10.
PS: Did Peter immediately dedicate his ministry to the Gentiles, or did he return to Jerusalem for the next 1 1/2 decades?

You really need to understand that all the OT saints and all of the NT saints are saved by faith.

The OT saints looked forward to a redeemer to come and we look backwards to a redeemer who has already come and accomplished his mission.

Keeping the law in the OT was an act of faith. Those that had a little faith made an effort to keep it. Those that had no faith bowed down to idols and were lost.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Explain it to me. Jesus did minister to the Gentiles, want some more examples?

The Syro-phoenician woman and the Samaritan woman come to mind right off the bat.

The Lord Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel in His earthly ministry.
As He encountered gentiles during that ministry of the Davidic Messianic Kingdom at hand, He blessed them when they blessed the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob/Israel, just as GOD said in Genesis.

Cornelius also blessed Israel and was blessed through Peter in return.

It was after this through the revelation and ministry through Paul by the ascended Lord that salvation was extended to the gentiles apart from them blessing Israel. This all happened as a result of Israel rejecting the Davidic Kingdom and their ensuing persecution of the Church. The historical narrative of Acts demonstrates a transition from prophecy for Israel to mystery for the nations and the nation of Israel being relegated to equal status with the nations/gentiles, whereby all humanity is concluded in unbelief so that GOD may have mercy upon us all whether Jew or gentile through the preaching of the cross and the grace of GOD.

Epoisses

The Lord Jesus was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel in His earthly ministry.
As He encountered gentiles during that ministry of the Davidic Messianic Kingdom at hand, He blessed them when they blessed the descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob/Israel, just as GOD said in Genesis.

Cornelius also blessed Israel and was blessed through Peter in return.

It was after this through the revelation and ministry through Paul by the ascended Lord that salvation was extended to the gentiles apart from them blessing Israel. This all happened as a result of Israel rejecting the Davidic Kingdom and their ensuing persecution of the Church. The historical narrative of Acts demonstrates a transition from prophecy for Israel to mystery for the nations and the nation of Israel being relegated to equal status with the nations/gentiles, whereby all humanity is concluded in unbelief so that GOD may have mercy upon us all whether Jew or gentile through the preaching of the cross and the grace of GOD.

Did Jesus die only for the lost sheep of Israel or did he die for all mankind?

marhig

Explain it to me. Jesus did minister to the Gentiles, want some more examples?

The Syro-phoenician woman and the Samaritan woman come to mind right off the bat.

Not only did he minister to the Samaritan women, but she brought out the men from the city and they said that they believed in Jesus not because of the woman but because if him! So he preached to all those Samaritans too!

John 4

So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days. And many more believed because of his own word; And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

And he told his twelve apostles and his deciples to go out to all the world and preach the gospel to every creature in all the world, not just to the Jews.

Last edited:

Interplanner

Not only did he minister to the Samaritan women, but she brought out the men from the city and they said that they believed in Jesus not because of the woman but because if him! So he preached to all those Samaritans too!

John 4

So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days. And many more believed because of his own word; And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

And he told his twelve apostles and his deciples to go out to all the world and preach the gospel to every creature in all the world, not just to the Jews.

Yes, there are several, however, he wanted to get his countrymen to be missionaries; I don't see where he tried that with non-Jews. This is totally unified with Rom 9-11 where the reason for appealing to them is not for a future golden age, but because they have background to make the message clear to the nations. Christ had at least 221 missionaries ready when he "left" on Pentecost (stopped training). Paul wanted all his people and really all people to be 'like him' in his outreach, except for the wearing of chains.

Epoisses

John 4

There goes Jesus trying to save those darn Gentiles again! Doesn't he know that he can only save the lost sheep of Israel prior to the cross!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
There goes Jesus trying to save those darn Gentiles again! Doesn't he know that he can only save the lost sheep of Israel prior to the cross!

It's okay, Jesus will separate the sheep from the goats, after all he is symbolized by a lamb.

The entire NT is about Israel and Jesus' relationship to Israel. Israel has been translated into the kingdom of God's Son.

Most of the lost sheep of Israel are not in the Middle East, they are regarded as the "lost" tribes.

The Father doesn't want his firstborn son to be lost ... they are Israel, not just the Jews.