Aging

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
What if...

What if...

What if the opposite of how we are conditioned to think is true?

100328-134058-nr-SK-5.jpg

What if time is not a 'thing' at all and sin is? What if original sin is not just a theological concept but deceitfully active; a dynamic, operative and integral human component? A fact of life as fundamental to 'life as we know it' as breathing?

I submit that sin is a chronic disease of body and soul with both inward and outward manifestations, acquired at birth and perfected in life, as a result of our lineage in Adam. It is the elephant in the living room that no one wants to talk about but everyone is forced to live with. It is the ultimate cause for all the effects that vanity strives to fight against.

I am not getting old - I am getting wrinkles. Age has nothing to do with it. Counting the days and years is simply our way of keeping track of the effects of sin; a before and after picture.

How many earth years has death by sin been working on you?

"But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

keypurr

Oh the joy of getting old. The aches and pains, through tiredness, the hurts. But at least we got old enough to feel it. I have been blessed to see my age. My loved ones did not. I welcome the big sleep that is coming soon. God has a better life than this world for us. We start to day the minute we are born. Death is not so scarry when your old my friends, you might even look forward to it.

God's Truth

The reason I am offended is because you are trying to take from Jesus His rightful place.

That does not make sense. You are offended because I say to obey Jesus!

How does anyone ever get that Jesus does not want you to obey what he says and to not preach it to others to obey what he says?

You are entrapped by the devil. Think about it. Who else but the devil would be behind people getting upset for preaching obedience to Christ?

God's Truth

People here think it is taking Jesus' rightful place if we obey him! They would rather take away the power from God's Word!

Believing God's Word is not enough---we have to obey what the Word says.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
That does not make sense. You are offended because I say to obey Jesus!

How does anyone ever get that Jesus does not want you to obey what he says and to not preach it to others to obey what he says?

You are entrapped by the devil. Think about it. Who else but the devil would be behind people getting upset for preaching obedience to Christ?

You have made God the author of evil and death.
Justification by faith alone is the great theme of the Bible and you have missed it. You have traded the great truth for a great lie. Your obedience is nothing. Your good news is your own good works.
Well you can have them. I trust solely in Jesus' blood - the most valuable commodity in the universe - and any good that I do is not to be mentioned in the same breath. Obedience is to be offered in thanksgiving; not as justification.

Warning: Do not participate in the Lord's supper again until you get this sorted out. You will be guilty of celebrating something you don't understand.

God's Truth

You have made God the author of evil and death.
No, you are the one who has done that.

Justification by faith alone is the great theme of the Bible and you have missed it.
Faith alone to make us clean, not faith alone to be chosen for salvation.

The only time ‘faith alone’ is mentioned in the Bible, it is to tell us what kind of faith not to have.

James 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

Faith alone without any right action does not save. Apostle James says such faith is DEAD.

Many denominations call that dead faith ‘saving faith’.

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

James tells us faith alone cannot save a man. See James 2:14.

That “dead faith” is NOT the most important kind of faith ever known, it is dead.

You have traded the great truth for a great lie. Your obedience is nothing. Your good news is your own good works.

It is not my works I am doing, it is God's works.

John 10:37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father.

Well you can have them. I trust solely in Jesus' blood - the most valuable commodity in the universe - and any good that I do is not to be mentioned in the same breath. Obedience is to be offered in thanksgiving; not as justification.

James 2:20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21 Was not our father Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23 And the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness,”and he was called God’s friend. 24 You see that a person is considered righteous by what they do and not by faith alone.

25 In the same way, was not even Rahab the prostitute considered righteous for what she did when she gave lodging to the spies and sent them off in a different direction? 26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Warning: Do not participate in the Lord's supper again until you get this sorted out. You will be guilty of celebrating something you don't understand.

2 Peter 3:16.

God's Truth

Jesus lives through us when we obey.

We live through Jesus when we obey.

You are dead if you do not obey Jesus.

Jesus' words are life.

SaulToPaul 2

How is it that you exalt yourself so much so that you mock the words of Jesus Christ? You think Jesus was being sarcastic, or ironic? I obey Jesus' words. There is nothing that I would rather do.

Wait and see. If the LORD tarries, you will see the grave, because you sin daily.

God's Truth

Wait and see. If the LORD tarries, you will see the grave, because you sin daily.

I believed in Jesus my whole life, but Jesus did not save me until I started obeying him.

When Jesus saved me, he put his Spirit in my heart, and he seated me with him in heaven.

I live my life obeying Jesus. That is how Jesus lives through me, and how I live through Jesus.

SaulToPaul 2

I believed in Jesus my whole life, but Jesus did not save me until I started obeying him.

When Jesus saved me, he put his Spirit in my heart, and he seated me with him in heaven.

I live my life obeying Jesus. That is how Jesus lives through me, and how I live through Jesus.

Dan Emanuel

I sin daily. When I am cognizant of it, I pray the Our Father, or I am reminded of the Our Father: "Forgive us our trespass's, as we forgive those who trespass against us." My life become's focused like a laser beam on anything in my life where I might possibly be unforgiving. Its a discipline, like lifting weight's. It keep's us spiritually at our peak strength, which is what weight lifting does for our body's.

I suspect, though it is only suspicion, that our new body's will be the same way, requiring constant maintenance physical exertion in order to maintain our peak physical strength.

I know that you already understand me. :)

DJ