Advice for Kim in Kentucky

Dialogos

why is this a secret?

Cause the media doesn't care to present the truth if it doesn't suit their agenda.

See the following statement from Al Mohler's Briefing:

As Mrs. Davis and her attorneys have made clear, she has been willing for her name to be removed from marriage licenses in Rowan County, but she is not willing to put her name on those licenses so long as that would require her approval of same-sex marriages. But Judge Bunning made clear that he would be satisfied only when Mrs. Davis either issues marriage licenses in compliance with the Obergefell decision or resigns her office.​

And this statement from herself:

"I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage. To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God's definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience...."

And this statement from the AP:

"Davis has refused to issue marriages licenses for two months since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage. She argues that her Christian faith should exempt her from signing the licenses."

And this statement from her attorney:
Davis only asked that the Kentucky marriage license forms be changed so her name would not appear on them. She would record any license without her name affixed. Marriage licenses remain in county records permanently. Davis said, “I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage. To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God’s definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience.”​

And Judge Bunning (who is acting like a fascist judicial tyrant) refuses to allow her to keep her position while abstaining from signing or placing her name on documents that violate her religious conscience. So she will stay in jail until she resigns her position, which she was elected to prior to the Supreme Court decision or violate her conscience.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
When you find yourself living in a country that disagrees with you about fundamental rights and freedoms, you ARE the "odd man out". Accept it for what it is and either leave, or learn to live with it.

I don't understand this insane presumption that the entire nation is supposed to find a way to accommodate your beliefs, when the vast majority of people in the country don't believe what you believe. That's not rational. And it's not going to happen.

I quoted a post stating the view was in the majority.

Interplanner

Cause the media doesn't care to present the truth if it doesn't suit their agenda.

As Mrs. Davis and her attorneys have made clear, she has been willing for her name to be removed from marriage licenses in Rowan County, but she is not willing to put her name on those licenses so long as that would require her approval of same-sex marriages. But Judge Bunning made clear that he would be satisfied only when Mrs. Davis either issues marriage licenses in compliance with the Obergefell decision or resigns her office.​

"I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage. To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God's definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience...."

"Davis has refused to issue marriages licenses for two months since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage. She argues that her Christian faith should exempt her from signing the licenses."

Davis only asked that the Kentucky marriage license forms be changed so her name would not appear on them. She would record any license without her name affixed. Marriage licenses remain in county records permanently. Davis said, “I never imagined a day like this would come, where I would be asked to violate a central teaching of Scripture and of Jesus Himself regarding marriage. To issue a marriage license which conflicts with God’s definition of marriage, with my name affixed to the certificate, would violate my conscience.”​

And Judge Bunning (who is acting like a fascist judicial tyrant) refuses to allow her to keep her position while abstaining from signing or placing her name on documents that violate her religious conscience. So she will stay in jail until she resigns her position, which she was elected to prior to the Supreme Court decision or violate her conscience.

Doesn't anyone see the similarity in manipulation here as in Ferguson on that issue? Who is the imposer in each case?

republicanchick

Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God. Therefore whoever resists the authority resists the ordinance of God, and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. (Romans 13:1-2 NKJV)​

i guess this scripture contradicts the other one

"We must obey God rather than man"

+

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
As Mrs. Davis and her attorneys have made clear, she has been willing for her name to be removed from marriage licenses in Rowan County, but she is not willing to put her name on those licenses so long as that would require her approval of same-sex marriages. But Judge Bunning made clear that he would be satisfied only when Mrs. Davis either issues marriage licenses in compliance with the Obergefell decision or resigns her office.
I think that's nonsense, but so long as the deputies can carry the day without impacting the legality of the license, were I the judge, I'd have allowed it given she was elected under a different set of rules and with the caveat that if she ran again I'd expect her to do so understanding the exception would lapse.

That's more problematic given she didn't go to work for her church but for the state and this issue has been coming a long time. More to the point I'm betting she didn't routinely ask anyone who got her personal stamp of approval (to voice it as she seems to see it) if they were Christian or not. And if not she has less complaint given the only consecrated marriage involves one, assuming she isn't some Christian/universalist hybrid.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
her name is on the license
and
for religious reasons she does not want her name on the license for a same sex marriage
if
you don't understand that
it is because you are already okay with same sex marriage
and
should have the guts to admit it

Completely agree.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

:thumb: Yes, it is the fascists who will not compromise.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I think that's nonsense, but so long as the deputies can carry the day without impacting the legality of the license, were I the judge, I'd have allowed it given she was elected under a different set of rules ..........

I would also have done the same with one stipulation, she not seek the position again.

Not that I am against her rights, or agree with this 'change'. Only the legal ramification, she has a case, based on her awareness of obligations, now changed, therefore all the reason to rule as such, would be based on her resignation.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The local admin in Kentucky has embarrassed itself by putting Kim in jail instead of firing her. I have no idea why--except to try to humiliate.

They are no longer able to be embarrassed (Jer 8:12). There's another trial coming for all concerned soon (Ro 14:12, Re 7:9). :popcorn:

"We no longer have a justice system. Now, we have just a system." ~ Bob Enyart