JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have refuted nothing

You're in denial, Tam.

You should humble yourself and ask God to give you wisdom.

because it cannot be refuted that there are multiple times scripture speaks of other gods besides the Most High God, YHWH.

No one has argued against this.

You're moving the goalposts.

The argument is that those gods that are spoken of in scripture are not actually gods at all, but creations of men made in their rebellion against the One True God. It's just easier to call them "gods," because men have made them into their gods. It's the main form of idolatry.

You are delusional to think that because there are inferior gods that it could possibly demote the Most High God, YHWH, in any way.

Again, moving the goalposts. Do you even realize you're doing it?

The argument was that your comparison of God to the make-believe and fantasy denigrates God, rather than uplifts the fictional.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're in denial, Tam.

You should humble yourself and ask God to give you wisdom.

No one has argued against this.

You're moving the goalposts.

The argument is that those gods that are spoken of in scripture are not actually gods at all, but creations of men made in their rebellion against the One True God. It's just easier to call them "gods," because men have made them into their gods. It's the main form of idolatry.

Again, moving the goalposts. Do you even realize you're doing it?

The argument was that your comparison of God to the make-believe and fantasy denigrates God, rather than uplifts the fictional.
You are the one that is in denial.
And no goalpost has moved except by you.
That other gods exist is not fantasy as scripture plainly reveals.
How can one think that YHWH sits in a council meeting with fantasy entities that don't exist or with carved hunks of wood or stone?????
Fantasy entities or carved hunks of wood or stone can't do anything good or bad to be judged by, only an entity with conciseness can be judged for doing anything good or bad.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yep.
I don't see where you have affirmed or denied the accuracy of the myths.
How can one think that YHWH sits in a council meeting with fantasy entities that don't exist or with carved hunks of wood or stone?????
Fantasy entities or carved hunks of wood or stone can't do anything good or bad to be judged by, only an entity with conciseness can be judged for doing anything good or bad.
Of course, there are other gods.
The worst one was in the garden.
When he told Eve that she would become like God, she thought he was talking about YHWH the Most High God.
Like all the children of Eve I too thought that that is who he was talking about.
But in light of what Jesus said, shouldn't it be understood that Satan was speaking of himself?

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. ~Jesus

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You have refuted nothing because it cannot be refuted that there are multiple times scripture speaks of other gods besides the Most High God, YHWH.
I have refuted it and so have others more than once. Your pretentions to the contrary change nothing. The whole entire thread is right here for the entire internet to see.
You are delusional to think that because there are inferior gods that it could possibly demote the Most High God, YHWH, in any way.
You are doing that, I'm the one warning you against it. You're too stupid to see it and I no longer care. You want to be stupid, be stupid.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have refuted it and so have others more than once. Your pretentions to the contrary change nothing. The whole entire thread is right here for the entire internet to see.

You are doing that, I'm the one warning you against it. You're too stupid to see it and I no longer care. You want to be stupid, be stupid.
That you misrepresent what I say doesn't phase me considering the source.
You do that a lot to a lot of people.
You build a strawman of what you think one means and then demand that they defend your strawman accusation.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Wrong.

Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. - 1 Corinthians 8:4-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians8:4-6&version=NKJV

Was Paul lying?

You're ignoring the fact that such passages are usually poetry or song, and not to be taken woodenly literally, as you seem to have done.

This was explained to you in post #30.

Right Divider

Body part
Matt 19:17 (AKJV/PCE)
(19:17) And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? [there is] none good but one, [that is], God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
That you misrepresent what I say doesn't phase me considering the source.
Establishing that I've misrepresented something would be a valid rebuttal of any argument I've made that was based on that misrepresentation. Simply stating that I've misrepresented something doesn't make it so. I invite you to make the argument.

You do that a lot to a lot of people.
No, I don't. I typically directly quote whatever it is that I'm responding to which makes it rather hard to get away with misrepresenting what they've said.

You build a strawman of what you think one means and then demand that they defend your strawman accusation.
There's a word for it when people say things that they know to be false.

Once again, Tambora, saying it doesn't make it so. If I've set up a strawman, then show it to us! Prove it! Make the argument, not the accusation. Nobody cares about your personal opinions, least of all me. I am, however, very interested in actual arguments. If you can make one then do so. If you can't then pretending like I'm the one who's made an error here won't magically make your doctrine any less heretical.

Clete

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Establishing that I've misrepresented something would be a valid rebuttal of any argument I've made that was based on that misrepresentation. Simply stating that I've misrepresented something doesn't make it so. I invite you to make the argument.

No, I don't. I typically directly quote whatever it is that I'm responding to which makes it rather hard to get away with misrepresenting what they've said.

There's a word for it when people say things that they know to be false.

Once again, Tambora, saying it doesn't make it so. If I've set up a strawman, then show it to us! Prove it! Make the argument, not the accusation. Nobody cares about your personal opinions, least of all me. I am, however, very interested in actual arguments. If you can make one then do so. If you can't then pretending like I'm the one who's made an error here won't magically make your doctrine any less heretical.

Clete
I've already made the case from scripture that there are other gods in the divine assemblies that YHWH holds with them to make decisions or to pass judgement upon.
Some here can see it, some here don't.
You are one of the latter.

Right Divider

Body part
I don't think scripture was lying when it says YHWH sits in the council of the gods.

Psalms 82:1 ESV​
A Psalm of Asaph. God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment:​
Read the whole Psalm... context is everything in scripture.

Ps 82:6-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(82:6) I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High. (82:7) But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. (82:8) Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

They are not "real gods" as they will "die like men".
Nor do I think scripture was lying when it says:

Exodus 15:11 ESV​
Who is like you, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders?​
Again, check the CONTEXT.

Exod 15:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:1) Then sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea.

They are singing a song and not expounding literal doctrine about "gods".

Exod 15:3 (AKJV/PCE)
(15:3) The LORD [is] a man of war: the LORD [is] his name.

Is God literally a "MAN of war"?
Carved idols are not gods, they are statues that represent gods.
Indeed, they represent gods that do not exist.

I remember when you used the same technique to "prove" from scripture that the earth was flat.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I've already made the case from scripture that there are other gods in the divine assemblies that YHWH holds with them to make decisions or to pass judgement upon.
Some here can see it, some here don't.
You are one of the latter.
All of which has been responded too and refuted. Besides, that isn't the argument I've asked you to make. You claim that I've misrepresented something. That is a claim which I believe you knew was false when you made it. You can either establish the claim or admit (tacitly) that you lied, hoping that no one would notice.

Don't worry, I already know which is going to happen.

I'm bored. Do you have anything else?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Read the whole Psalm... context is everything in scripture.
Yep context matters.
And the context is a "divine" council meeting of YHWH among other gods.

Ps 82:6-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(82:6) I have said, Ye [are] gods; and all of you [are] children of the most High. (82:7) But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. (82:8) Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

They are not "real gods" as they will "die like men".
Right. They will die like men.
Imaginary entities or carved hunks of wood or stone can't die like men, but rebellious spirit beings can die like men because both will suffer the same death in the lake of fire.

Right Divider

Body part
Yep context matters.
And the context is a "divine" council meeting of YHWH among other gods.

Ps 86:1 (AKJV/PCE)
(86:1) A Prayer of David. Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I [am] poor and needy.

So you think that prayers and songs in scripture are the place to get your doctrines about the nature of God and "gods"? I think that you are on the wrong track in that regard.

Right. They will die like men.
Men die physically; why would your "gods" die in like manner?
Imaginary entities or carved hunks of wood or stone can't die like men, but rebellious spirit beings can die like men because both will suffer the same death in the lake of fire.
False "gods" do not live or die.

Does God (the real one) create some spirit beings as "gods" and some not? Are some angels also "gods"?