Acts 2:38 and the purpose of baptism

Jdorman

The baptism of Acts 2:38, when it was in order, was for the purpose of cleansing those who were already saved to bring them back to "fellowship" with the Lord. It served the same purpose as the "confession" of sin which the Apostle John speaks of here:

"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth...If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:5-6, 9).​

Here John is saying that if we "confess" our sins then we will be cleansed from the things which interrupt our "fellowship" with God. The baptism of repentance was also in regard to confessing sins:

"In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand...Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan, And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins" (Mt.3:1-2,5-6).​

All Christians receive the forgiveness of sins when they believe:

"To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins"
(Acts 10:43).​

When a person believes he is baptized into the body of Christ by one Spirit and are created in "righteousness and true holiness" (Eph.4:24).

That refers to a Christian's "position" in Christ but our "walk" is another matter. In our "walk" sin separates us from our fellowship with God:

" But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear"
(Isa.59:2).​

So today when we confess our sins those sins are forgiven us but that forgiveness is not in regard to salvation.

When water baptism was in order those who submitted to the rite of water baptism had their sins forgiven but that forgiveness was not in regard to salvation.

how is forgiveness not in regard to salvation?

Jdorman

Yet you can't prove me wrong with the Scriptures. You need an other man/woman to answer your questions. AHH glory to God.!! I know more about the Scriptures then you know about yourself. I will cut you down to flea size with scriptures, proving my point.! You and that disrespectful Grosnick. Nobody on this Site can prove me wrong NONE.!! That's how much I know God.! I can boast in my Father cause I talk to Him. AHH Hallelujah, I can boast about Him cause I was born of Him, HOILNESS.. I can boast about Him. You can't you need commentary, AHH GLORY HALLELUJAH.!! You don't talk to Him because you search the internet. I SEARCH GOD SIR.!!!

I have agreed with some of your theological views, however I don't agree with the snobish tone in your posts.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yet you can't prove me wrong with the Scriptures. You need an other man/woman to answer your questions. AHH glory to God.!! I know more about the Scriptures then you know about yourself. I will cut you down to flea size with scriptures, proving my point.! You and that disrespectful Grosnick. Nobody on this Site can prove me wrong NONE.!! That's how much I know God.! I can boast in my Father cause I talk to Him. AHH Hallelujah, I can boast about Him cause I was born of Him, HOILNESS.. I can boast about Him. You can't you need commentary, AHH GLORY HALLELUJAH.!! You don't talk to Him because you search the internet. I SEARCH GOD SIR.!!!

Like I said, you're so confused you do not even understand when you are wrong

COGTHW

I have agreed with some of your theological views, however I don't agree with the snobish tone in your posts.

I boast in the Lord, I can do that because I have a relationship with my Father. 1 Corinthians 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
I'm not putting me up I'm putting up the wisdom He gave me. I love the Lord tonight. He that boast let him boast in the Lord. Amen.!! I say Amen.!!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So there is 3 Gods.? Each one is different.? Each with own mind.? I'm trying to understand you. To be simple Sir, say yes 3 Godheads or no one GodHead.

There is one Godhead composed of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Learn something new every day. From Dictionary .com

Godhead
[god-hed]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
the essential being of God; the Supreme Being.
the Holy Trinity of God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Ghost.

(lowercase) divinity; godhood.
(lowercase) Rare. a god or goddess; deity.

COGTHW

There is one Godhead composed of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Learn something new every day. From Dictionary .com

Godhead
[god-hed]
Spell Syllables
Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
the essential being of God; the Supreme Being.
the Holy Trinity of God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Ghost.

(lowercase) divinity; godhood.
(lowercase) Rare. a god or goddess; deity.

Ok seem to me like you saying there is One then your definition is saying three. I told you about going to the internet for your answers. Let me kill your 40+years of "Scriptures" knowing. First of Sir, there is no trinity.

God is the Father, which means He is the Creator, The bible says Jesus Christ is the Creator of all things.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

God is the Savior there is none but He, Scriptures say Jesus Christ the Son is the Savior.
Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
Isaiah 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
Jesus the Savior Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

God is the Holy Ghost, Scriptures teach Jesus is the Holy Ghost.
Judges 3:10 And the Spirit of the Lord came upon him, and he judged Israel, and went out to war: and the Lord delivered Chushanrishathaim king of Mesopotamia into his hand; and his hand prevailed against ..."
Jesus is the Holy Ghost
Philippians 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

One God, His name is Jesus Christ.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ok seem to me like you saying there is One then your definition is saying three. I told you about going to the internet for your answers. Let me kill your 40+years of "Scriptures" knowing. First of Sir, there is no trinity.

God is the Father, which means He is the Creator, The bible says Jesus Christ is the Creator of all things.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

God is the Savior there is none but He, Scriptures say Jesus Christ the Son is the Savior.
Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
Isaiah 45:15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
Jesus the Savior Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

God is the Holy Ghost, Scriptures teach Jesus is the Holy Ghost.
Judges 3:10 And the Spirit of the Lord came upon him, and he judged Israel, and went out to war: and the Lord delivered Chushanrishathaim king of Mesopotamia into his hand; and his hand prevailed against ..."
Jesus is the Holy Ghost
Philippians 1:19 For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

One God, His name is Jesus Christ.

All that to say that the three are the one God. How interesting. Also there is no remission of sin without the shedding of blood (Hebrews 9:22) not by rinsing with water.

COGTHW

All that to say that the three are the one God. How interesting. Also there is no remission of sin without the shedding of blood (Hebrews 9:22) not by rinsing with water.

No I say One God His name is Jesus Christ. One He is the Father,Son,Holy Ghost its one all name is Jesus Christ.

Jdorman

I boast in the Lord, I can do that because I have a relationship with my Father. 1 Corinthians 1:31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.
I'm not putting me up I'm putting up the wisdom He gave me. I love the Lord tonight. He that boast let him boast in the Lord. Amen.!! I say Amen.!!

Actually you just sound like a know it all.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No I say One God His name is Jesus Christ. One He is the Father,Son,Holy Ghost its one all name is Jesus Christ.

You are Jesus only. Sorry that you have a misunderstanding of the nature of God. There is a remedy.

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

COGTHW

You are Jesus only. Sorry that you have a misunderstanding of the nature of God. There is a remedy.

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I don't need a remedy. I got Jesus, AHH glory. My God and my Lord. Scribes and Pharisees said the same thing when Jesus said He is God.!!