Acts 2:38 and the gift of the Holy Spirit

Right Divider

Body part
How many books have you written?

Besides that, I only submitted one book for review, and that one received a favorable review from Tyndale Theological Seminary.

With your limited knowledge of the Scriptures, you would be lucky to write one paragraph free from error.
Pride... such pride....

You must know, because you're a really smart guys, that writing books proves nothing about your correctness. Neither does your approval from a seminary.

Jerry Shugart

So the approval of one of my books concerning dispensational matters mean nothing even though it comes from Tyndale Theological Seminary,
a dispensational seminary.

Right Divider

Body part
So the approval of one of my books concerning dispensational matters mean nothing even though it comes from Tyndale Theological Seminary,
a dispensational seminary.
Again Jerry, that does not mean that you are always right about everything.
My opinion is that you tend to blur many things. You fixate on single verses and ignore many others at the same time.

Jerry Shugart

Your opinion means nothing because you cannot seem to even understand these simple words of the Lord and Savior spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

'Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life"
(Jn.6;470.

© Info

"

Right Divider

Body part
Your opinion means nothing because you cannot seem to even understand these simple words of the Lord and Savior spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

'Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6;470.

© Info

"
Again, cherry-pick ONE verse and IGNORE every other thing that Christ said (both during His earthly ministry and later in His other ministry through Paul).

OZOS

How many books have you written?

Besides that, I only submitted one book for review, and that one received a favorable review from Tyndale Theological Seminary.

With your limited knowledge of the Scriptures, you would be lucky to write one paragraph free from error.
You're a clown, and a fraud.

Answer the question, you pervert...

Are believers slaves of sin or slaves of righteousness?

This Charming Manc

I know the Bible better than you know your own name.
Hi not met before.

Should we really be proud of what has been revealed to us by grace?

Howvere watch me get into it with someone on another thread and im sure you call me a hypocrite on this score :)

Jon

Jerry Shugart

Answer the question, you pervert...

I am still waiting for you to answer my question:

have you completely stopped sinning?

OZOS

I am still waiting for you to answer my question

Here is the question you asked....

"Have you already been made in the likeness of the Lord Jesus and therefore never sin?"

Because you are a pervert and a liar, you keep repeating this to deflect from the question I asked you, with the full knowledge that I answered your question TWICE.

Here... https://theologyonline.com/threads/acts-2-38-and-the-gift-of-the-holy-spirit.55434/post-1784647

and

Here...
Now, you answer my question, you demon from hell.

"Are believers slaves of sin or slaves of righteousness?"

OZOS

Should we really be proud of what has been revealed to us by grace?
Huge difference in thinking you're right because of what you know and believing what God says. It's not much of a boast for anyone to be more familiar with the Bible than Jerry is with his own name. I asked God, and He said Jerry's real name is "moron", and that everyone, throughout history, who has been called a "moron", is named after him.

This Charming Manc

Huge difference in thinking you're right because of what you know and believing what God says. It's not much of a boast for anyone to be more familiar with the Bible than Jerry is with his own name. I asked God, and He said Jerry's real name is "moron", and that everyone, throughout history, who has been called a "moron", is named after him.

I don't care what revelation you've had if you speak of a man like that using gods name to insult, character over knowledge every day of the week.

Jerry Shugart

OZOS must belong to that cult which teaches that saved people never sin. that is why he refuses to answer my question:

"Have you already been made in the likeness of the Lord Jesus and therefore never sin?"

Now I will answer his question:

"Are believers slaves of sin or slaves of righteousness?"

Later in the same discourse Paul makes it clear that the believers he is adressing can indeed sin:

"Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God" (Ro.6:12-13).

So believers are slaves of righteousness as long as they don't yield their members as instruments of unrighteousness.

OZOS

OZOS must belong to that cult which teaches that saved people never sin. that is why he refuses to answer my question:
I answered your question SEVERAL times, you lying demon. I posted the links where I answered your question. You are unbelievable, and I'm surprised this site allows you to blatantly lie over and over again without any accountability. Perhaps you pay a great deal of money to afford you that right.

In any case, all anyone has to do is scroll through this thread and see that you're a liar, and that I answered the question over and over again.

Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God" (Ro.6:12-13).

So believers are slaves of righteousness as long as they don't yield their members as instruments of unrighteousness.
LOL, you just claimed that believers (you're not) gravitate back and forth from being slaves of righteousness to being slaves of sin. Which logically would also included them moving from life to death to life to death ad infinitum in the hopes that when they die, they are on the side of life.

You are an unmitigated fool.

In Romans 6:12-23 The relationship with sin has ceased. The new creation in Christ is no longer under its control or power. They are no longer its slave. They no longer obey sin. The power of sin is the Law, and they are no longer under the Law. Paul says sin reigns in death. The child of God is now alive in Christ. If they do not consider themselves dead to sin, and alive to God, then they will put themselves back under the Law declaring themselves a sinner who is obeying sin. They would be going back and presenting the members of their body to a system that proves them a sinner. Instead, Paul admonishes them to present yourself to God as what you are... an instrument of righteousness? They are free from sin. They are alive not dead.

Jesus is emphatic... "

"Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin."

Those who have believed the gospel (you never have) are NO LONGER slaves of sin, but slaves of righteousness, having been crucified with Christ, buried with Christ, and raised from the dead with Christ. They are free from sin, free from the Law, free from wrath, and free from Death.

"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you (the gospel). Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness." Rom 6:16-18

You don't know Jesus from Adam, and you don't know the gospel from Dr. Seuss.

You're a moron, a liar, and a pervert.

Jerry Shugart

In neither of those posts did you answer my following question about never sinning:

Have you already been made in the likeness of the Lord Jesus and therefore never sin?

Please quote your own words in either of those posts where you answered about never sinning.

OZOS

In neither of those posts did you answer my following question about never sinning:

Have you already been made in the likeness of the Lord Jesus and therefore never sin?

Please quote your own words in either of those posts where you answered about never sinning.
First of all, you moron, that's two different questions. Are you really that stupid? Apparently you are.

The question is: "Have you been made in the likeness of Jesus?"
You add your own commentary to your question by claiming that "If someone is like Jesus, then they don't sin".

It's like "Did you support Trump, and are therefore a racist"?

You can go straight to hell, you worthless prig. You are a godless manipulative pervert, who does not know Jesus, and has never believed the gospel. What a shame you are to your family. Hopefully, you have never had any children, because they will follow you to hell.