Accessory-to-Death-Penalty Apparel (and what should be illegal to wear)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1PeaceMaker

Some people on this forum seem to think that certain clothes are making women accessories to their rapes. Certain dances, too.

So what are those dances and apparel that make women (or their mothers and fathers who dress them) accessories to death penalty offenses?

Don't forget to include what male clothing is equally guilt inducing!

Put another way, what clothing (or lack, thereof) causes people to be guilty of causing death penalty offenses?

There is a reason some countries execute rape victims.

What types of rape victims should be executed for being responsible, in part, for their rape?

For the record, I do not believe that all things are expedient or prudent to wear under all circumstances, however, I do not believe a person's wardrobe is an objectively moral issue. Personal convictions and social/environmental circumstances should drive what is worn, in my opinion.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
IMO the only thing that encourages rape ... is having the mind of a rapist.

There is a definite double standard in regards to the expectancy of women VS men, which has led to the issue of blaming rape victims for something they wear, where they choose to be , their line of work, etc.

Insofar as any women receiving the DP for being the victim of rape, none should. It's barbaric and ridiculous. The only reason that would happen is for the sole purpose of absolving rapists for their brutality.

1PeaceMaker

Well, some countries think that certain clothing is immoral. Some Christians won't wear bathing suits.

Do any Christians here think that bikinis should be outlawed?

How about men's speedos?

How about the Olympics?

Are certain dances too erotic to be legal?

If we are going to discuss banning other lifestyle choices, let's talk about "immoral" apparel and what laws we need to control it.

1PeaceMaker

IMO the only thing that encourages rape ... is having the mind of a rapist.

I totally agree.

The only reason that would happen is for the sole purpose of absolving rapists for their brutality.

Well, in those cases the men got executed also. They just got to go down to the grave *with* their victims, some as young as 13.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't believe that any clothing should be outlawed OR dances.

Public decency insofar as not walking down the street naked already exists.

There is a reason that certain places and activities come with an age limit. Adults have the right and ability to make these choices in reference to themselves.

A decent man or woman cannot be seduced into an unsavory relationship unless they are weak. A decent man or woman does not sit and gawk at those they view as being indecently dressed.

Adult establishments and websites, as well as prostitutes exist for one reason: people seek them out.

IF those types did not seek them out, these professions and establishments would cease to exist.

Personally, I believe a lot of it has to do with the double standard that children are raised with. A father or mother who will look the other way, excuse or pat their son on the back for something they would punish or lash out at their daughter for are a big part of the problem.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I totally agree.

Well, in those cases the men got executed also. They just got to go down to the grave *with* their victims, some as young as 13.

That is a horrible and evil mentality ... punishing victims for the acts of predators.

1PeaceMaker

That is a horrible and evil mentality ... punishing victims for the acts of predators.

Indeed. But if they are going to punish the rapist's victim down to 13, doesn't that mean to be consistent, they should also execute the family members responsible for dressing the children who are victims of rape, also?

Are parents who let their daughters play on the beach in a bikini or their sons in a speedo, partially responsible for the rape of their child?

Should some clothing for children be legally banned or should some parents be punished for the rape of their children, even if they were not accessories to the crime? (minus the alleged culpability they bear for dressing the child)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Indeed. But if they are going to punish the rapist's victim down to 13, doesn't that mean to be consistent, they should also execute the family members responsible for dressing the children who are victims of rape, also?

For consistency, sure. However, that does not mean I would ever endorse anyone being executed for their clothing ... especially children.

Are parents who let their daughters play on the beach in a bikini or their sons in a speedo, partially responsible for the rape of their child?

In a world where we blame people for the actions of others.

Should some clothing for children be legally banned or should some parents be punished for the rape of their children, even if they were not accessories to the crime? (minus the alleged culpability they bear for dressing the child)

No ... just for the fact that it would be catering to the mind of the sickos who rape children.

My personal view is that if someone sees someone who they believe is not modestly or pleasingly dressed, there are two ways to handle it:

Take them aside and civilly explain your concerns ...

Or look away ... and walk away ...

glorydaz

Well, some countries think that certain clothing is immoral. Some Christians won't wear bathing suits.

Do any Christians here think that bikinis should be outlawed?

How about men's speedos?

How about the Olympics?

Are certain dances too erotic to be legal?

If we are going to discuss banning other lifestyle choices, let's talk about "immoral" apparel and what laws we need to control it.

You'd think a woman with eight children would have something better to do with her time than to obsess over scantily clad people. :think:

ClimateSanity

You'd think a woman with eight children would have something better to do with her time than to obsess over scantily clad people. :think:

Bikinis on a beach is in context. Bikinis walking down a sidewalk in front of a prison road crew has another context. One is evil and the other benign. Can anyone tell which is which?

glorydaz

Bikinis on a beach is in context. Bikinis walking down a sidewalk in front of a prison road crew has another context. One is evil and the other benign. Can anyone tell which is which?

Ah, it seems they must be gossiping about YOU again, CS. Why am I not surprised?

I should have been able to tell from the title of this thread that it was BAIT, and they were fishing for something to put on their empty plate.
Were I you, I'd leave them to wallow in their own dismal swamp.

1PeaceMaker

This is nothing more than provoking.

I dress my children, and according to some who blame rape victims, it's going to be partially my blame if they're raped "for what they wear" at the swimming hole.

But rape is a death penalty offense. Accessories to the crime deserve what?

1PeaceMaker

This is the first time you mention context. How real to you is this "context" you speak of?

How about naked prophets?

Prophetesses?

What about a man in a speedo?

Why walking? Not bicycling, too? Skateboarding? Skates?

glorydaz

I have never said victims should be punished. So, they are beating up a straw man again, accusing me of something I've never done.

You don't have to tell me how they work. :)

I never sided with rapists either. I never once said rapists shouldn't be held accountable for their OWN vile behavior. But, it didn't stop the mob from lying and slandering those of us who insisted personal responsibility includes everyone's (both genders) bad behavior.

I never said or suggested what the "sexpert", Elo, stated, either, but it didn't stop him from claiming that vileness came from me, and it didn't stop the female pits from continuing the lie and the slander. Expose them for what they are, if you feel led, but don't worry about their evil imaginings. Most people are aware of their ways....it's obvious enough.

glorydaz

This is nothing more than provoking.

I dress my children, and according to some who blame rape victims, it's going to be partially my blame if they're raped "for what they wear" at the swimming hole.

But rape is a death penalty offense. Accessories to the crime deserve what?

No, YOU are provoking. This entire thread is provoking.

Children aren't raped for what they wear, they're raped because parents are too busy with their own lives to watch their children the way they should.

1PeaceMaker

You don't have to tell me how they work. :)

What's with encouraging the delusion that this is about him?

I never sided with rapists either.

I know. You don't side with anybody.

I never once said rapists shouldn't be held accountable for their OWN vile behavior.

Of course.

But, it didn't stop the mob from lying and slandering those of us who insisted personal responsibility includes everyone's (both genders) bad behavior.

Let all the readers see your own words. This is all it's about.

So what clothing should be illegal?

I never said or suggested what the "sexpert", Elo, stated,

More provocation. He's not here to defend himself from your slander, and he's an honorably discharged disabled medical combat veteran who is very godly and good to me, his wife of 16 years - and you have no shame, slandering him, and claiming on another thread that he liked young girls.

It's not even true that he likes (prefers) younger adult women, unless you want to use the fact that he made one exception in his adult life - for me (despite my younger age) - because we ministered together and became good friends, I was unusual for a young woman mentally, and saw God putting us together.

Yet you slandered him on that other thread and it still stands as a witness against you!

You have entire threads about sex and your liking for young girls. I don't have to make anything up about you guys.

Absolute slander! Totally making up stuff!

...but it didn't stop him from claiming that vileness came from me, and it didn't stop the female pits from continuing the lie and the slander. Expose them for what they are, if you feel led, but don't worry about their evil imaginings. Most people are aware of their ways....it's obvious enough.

Everyone can read what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.