About Death...

Bradley D

This is what I look forward to.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away" (Rev. 21:4).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
We only see death from our earthly perspective. That is the person has no more earthly worries or concerns or pains or anything earthly. The dead face often looks peaceful. We assume from this that they are at rest, they are reunited with loved ones, they are looking down on us, they are even helping us. Its assumed they maybe playing their favourite game or drinking with their buddies. There are some theories around about existence after death, reincarnation and nirvana. All these assumptions about death are misleading speculations! The true insight about death and its consequences is found in the Bible.
Ecclesiastes 12:7 KJV -

Truster

We only see death from our earthly perspective. That is the person has no more earthly worries or concerns or pains or anything earthly. The dead face often looks peaceful. We assume from this that they are at rest, they are reunited with loved ones, they are looking down on us, they are even helping us. Its assumed they maybe playing their favourite game or drinking with their buddies. There are some theories around about existence after death, reincarnation and nirvana. All these assumptions about death are misleading speculations! The true insight about death and its consequences is found in the Bible.

Have you read Thomas Boston on Hell? It's one of the reasons I warn people on here. They just haven't got a clue and when they do it will be too late.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Have you read Thomas Boston on Hell? It's one of the reasons I warn people on here. They just haven't got a clue and when they do it will be too late.

Why is that? According to the KJV Jesus died and and went to hell, but then he recovered nicely.

Truster

Why is that? According to the KJV Jesus died and and went to hell, but then he recovered nicely.

Only the redeemed have been saved from the condemnation of sin. Those that mistakenly apply redemption to themselves need to be warned.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Only the redeemed have been saved from the condemnation of sin.

However, this is not the only day of salvation. Salvation is not being offered at this time to the vast majority of people in the world today.

If the Father wanted to save the world he would, no one could stop him. You are just making a big deal out of nothing.

Hawkins

However, this is not the only day of salvation. Salvation is not being offered at this time to the vast majority of people in the world today.

If the Father wanted to save the world he would, no one could stop him. You are just making a big deal out of nothing.

No.

All covenants are signed off on the blood of Christ, including the first one with Noah (in a credit sense). Each covenant possesses the power to save humans from a certain time frame till the point that humans decided to sin beyond a covenant being able to save. Under the circumstance, God will let a newer covenant to be in place such that the righteous can be told apart from the wicked again.

That's how,

Romans 5:20-21 (NIV2011)
20 The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,
21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Truster

Salvation has never been "offered". Salvation has been applied to hopeless, weak, lost sinners.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Salvation has never been "offered". Salvation has been applied to hopeless, weak, lost sinners.

Salvation can only be offered, he doesn't cram it down our throat.

Salvation is offered, but it's our choice as to whether we accept it.

Truster

Salvation can only be offered, he doesn't cram it down our throat.

Salvation is offered, but it's our choice as to whether we accept it.

Yeah I remeber reading of Saul riding his horse and Messiah asking him to step down because he wanted a chat...

I remember Messiah saying to some fishermen would you mind following me.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah I remeber reading of Saul riding his horse and Messiah asking him to step down because he wanted a chat...

Well, it seems Christ needed a good Roman preacher guy to go to the Gentile communities.

Being a Roman he could relate.