Abortion///cont.

quip

BANNED
Banned
If we act as though 100 infants hidden to us are less valuable than one we can hold we have dehumanized the 100 through an abstraction, a distance created by the mirage of senses against our better reason.

If indeed you need to assert dehumanization by default...then you must first reconcile this with your sense of moral intuition.

glassjester

Hence, the hypothetical. It's the same visceral motivation you're employing for denying what it reveals.

It would be beneficial to the discussion if you could point out exactly where I appealed to mere emotion.

As of now, your argument seems to be, "My emotional appeal is better than yours!"

quip

BANNED
Banned
It would be beneficial to the discussion if you could point out exactly where I appealed to mere emotion.

As of now, your argument seems to be, "My emotional appeal is better than yours!"

The facts show that you lack any rational nor practical method of demonstrating why you believe that the unborn are equal to the post-born. Your moral intuition is forced to concur. That leaves a pure and isolated appeal to emotion for maintaining the pro-life stance.

glassjester

The facts show that you lack any rational nor practical method of demonstrating why you believe that the unborn are equal to the post-born. Your moral intuition is forced to concur. That leaves a pure and isolated appeal to emotion for maintaining the pro-life stance.

Both the born and unborn are equally human. A human baby is the same organism and entity the day before it's born, as it is the day after it's born. Therefore their lives have equal value.

How is that irrational?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Both the born and unborn are equally human. A human baby is the same organism and entity the day before it's born, as it is the day after it's born. Therefore their lives have equal value.

How is that irrational?

Prima facie it's quite rational. Under examination it fails the test.

glassjester

On the contrary. My appeals could be considered cold and hard to swallow, dispassionate logic.

By my own standards, no less.

Quip... when you appeal to subjective intuition and to popularity (asking what the majority would do), it just ain't logic.

:nono:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Quip... when you appeal to subjective intuition and to authority (asking what the majority would do), it just ain't logic.

:nono:

The question was simply rhetorical.

It's fact that to not pick the infant would be morally unconscionable.