A woodshed pledge

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I hate it when I see people constantly reporting policy violations for petty little things. Granted, there are legitimate reasons for banning someone (death threats, blatant profanity), but I would like to see more restraint on reporting policy violations, especially from those who seem to overuse it (I won't name any names).

Therefore I am starting a petition and encouraging other TOL'ers to use the utmost restraint when it comes to the woodshed.

Here's the petition, sign it if you agree with it and stick by your word.

I agree that an internet forum is for open debate and therefore will not report anyone for petty things.

1). aCultureWarrior

keypurr

I hate it when I see people constantly reporting policy violations for petty little things. Granted, there are legitimate reasons for banning someone (death threats, blatant profanity), but I would like to see more restraint on reporting policy violations, especially from those who seem to overuse it (I won't name any names).

Therefore I am starting a petition and encouraging other TOL'ers to use the utmost restraint when it comes to the woodshed.

I agree that an internet forum is for open debate and therefore will not report anyone for petty things.

1). aCultureWarrior

2.) Keypurr

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Maybe the coming fall, if my health holds, I will get into that woodshed and clean it out. I will need to have Mark register me.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Awww. Don't worry about it AcW. I ignore the ones I consider petty.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

1). aCultureWarrior

The Mods have good discernment, they don't need your silly petition.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your definition of "petty" is very different from most other people's.

I see that I flushed out the guilty parties.

Learn to silence others by debate, it truly is an art. If you don't believe me, look at all of the times you went silent in my WHMBR! thread.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Mods have good discernment, they don't need your silly petition.

While I have been tempted on numerous occasions to report you for being "unnecessarily disruptive", I take into consideration your mental state.

Don't take things personal Grossie, it's only an internet website.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
While I have been tempted on numerous occasions to report you for being "unnecessarily disruptive", I take into consideration your mental state.

Don't take things personal Grossie, it's only an internet website.

I understand your way of thinking. You're a hater of certain sinners.
You're not a member of the Body of Christ so, because of that, you're
just a resident of planet earth. You see, you couldn't be so full of
hatred and be a child of God. I understand you.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Condescending reply duly noted TOL Super moderator ebenz.

The thread wasn't intended for moderators, you will do as you please.

I wasn't condescending you. I was being honest. And, I would be just a little more careful about disrespecting moderators.

The reason for the "tone" you read in my last post was because I thought it was great that you wanted to make things easier on the TOL staff. I think that's nice of you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
What have you had, like twenty four violations between this name and the last one? One as recently as May of this year...maybe you should start a petition pledging people to better behavior and taking up the flag yourself. Then it wouldn't matter on the reporting end.

That said, you've never been a particularly steady reporter. About as many as infractions? Around that.

I started the Cub Reporter thread to make people mindful of how often they reported posts, especially those of us with a habit on the point. It dramatically reduced my participation in that particular. I haven't looked to see how it might have impacted the general population or if it has at all.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What have you had, like twenty four violations between this name and the last one? One as recently as May of this year...maybe you should start a petition pledging people to better behavior and taking up the flag yourself. Then it wouldn't matter on the reporting end.

That said, you've never been a particularly steady reporter. About as many as infractions? Around that.

I started the Cub Reporter thread to make people mindful of how often they reported posts, especially those of us with a habit on the point. It dramatically reduced my participation in that particular. I haven't looked to see how it might have impacted the general population or if it has at all.

Perhaps you should fire up the cub reporter thread again to discourage frivolous reports. There seems to be a lot of them lately.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Perhaps you should fire up the cub reporter thread again to discourage frivolous reports. There seems to be a lot of them lately.
It's still around, I've just been a bit lazy with it. Haven't featured it in the Gazette or sig line in a while. I was one of the worst of the lot for a while there. I think my post to report ration was probably running close :eek: Okay, not that bad, but I try to mostly reserve it for the serious stuff and things that mostly deal with other people.

Maybe that's the real goal. If we only reported things we found profoundly objectionable and tried to limit it mostly to conduct aimed at others I suspect the totals would diminish exponentially.