A little comedy break....

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
When my son was only about 3, someone asked him if he had any brothers. He replied, "No, but I have a sister and she has a brother."

I thought that was pretty clever for a 3 year old.
Wait, so he meant he doesn't have any brothers, but that since he has a sister, and he is a boy, therefore someone in the family definitely does have a brother, it's just not him? Like, it was the state of having a brother that he interpreted the question to mean? "Are you in the state of having a brother?" "No, but my sister is in that state"? Is that what he meant? Or does he have a brother, but he just thinks of his brother as his sister's brother?

It really is. Perhaps foreshadowing a mind that, more than the average person, will delight in thinking analytically.
I identify as analytical. Who's your favorite thinker and why is it Ludwig Wittgenstein? :)

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
What came to mind with my first glance at this is: "Why do you deserve it, St. Anthony? Why do you deserve anything? Well, are you not the desert father?"

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I identify as analytical. Who's your favorite thinker and why is it Ludwig Wittgenstein? :)
I've never read much by him (though I've always meant to get around to reading more), but somewhere I've got a book of, like, "pensees" by him, that I flipped through years ago. The thing I think I remember from it, and only vaguely, is where he was musing about the absurdity of saying something like, "I think it's raining, but it's not."

Derf

Wait, so he meant he doesn't have any brothers, but that since he has a sister, and he is a boy, therefore someone in the family definitely does have a brother, it's just not him? Like, it was the state of having a brother that he interpreted the question to mean? "Are you in the state of having a brother?" "No, but my sister is in that state"? Is that what he meant? Or does he have a brother, but he just thinks of his brother as his sister's brother?
They were both in the state of Colorado at the time. 😀