A Final Answer to One Continuous 2P2P Demand

northwye

Why is it that the Christian Zionists never mention the religion of the Pharisees at the time of Christ? The Pharisees claimed to be of Abraham's physical seed and the followers of Moses and of the Old Covenant.

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33. They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?" John 8: 31-33

"Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2. Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3. All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4. For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers." Matthew 23: 1-4

"Woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye love the uppermost seats in the synagogues, and greetings in the markets." Luke 11: 43

"The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.........Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees......How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?
12. Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees." Matthew 16: 1, 6, 11-12

Who are "they": in Matthew 16: 12? It must be the disciples of Christ, along with some of the Pharisees and Sadducees. Christ in Matthew 16:11 asked this group why they did not understand his meaning when he warned them to beware the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees. They had a literalist method of interpreting and thought Christ meant leaven in a literal way, as in the leavening of bread.,

In Matthew 23: 33 Jesus says of the Pharisees, "Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?" Revelation 9: 13-21, and especially Revelation 9: 19 uses serpents metaphorically as part of a description of the huge army of horsemen in verse 16. The horsemen of Revelation 9: 16 are like the serpent-Pharisees and hence are false prophets.

The issue of the tie between the religion of the Pharisees of Christ's
time and present day Talmudic Judaism is very relevant to the starting
postulate of Christian Zionism which says that All Physical Israel, or All Jews,
now remain the people of God, even the chosen people, alongside
another group of God's people,the "church."

On http://www.come-and-hear.com/dilling/chapt01.html

they say "the missing link in Christian understanding on the subject
of "Pharisees" is best supplied by the Universal Jewish Encyclopedia
(1943): The Jewish religion as it is today traces its descent,
without a break, through all the centuries, from the Pharisees. Their
leading ideas and methods found expression in a literature of enormous
extent, of which a very great deal is still in existence. The Talmud
is the largest and most important single piece of that literature …
and the study of it is essential for any real understanding of
Pharisaism.

Concerning the Pharisees, the 1905 Jewish Encyclopedia says: With
the destruction of the Temple (70 A.D.) the Sadducees disappeared
altogether, leaving the regulation of all Jewish affairs in the hands
of the Pharisees. Henceforth, Jewish life was regulated by the
Pharisees; the whole history of Judaism was reconstructed from the
Pharisaic point of view, and a new aspect was given to the Sanhedrin
of the past. A new chain of tradition supplanted the older priestly
tradition (Abot 1:1). Pharisaism shaped the character of Judaism and
the life and thought of the Jew for all the future."

"Rabbi Louis Finklestein was chosen in 1937 by the Kehillas (Jewish
communities) of the World as one of the top 120 Jews best representing
"a lamp of Judaism" to the World...In his two-volume work "The
Pharisees." Rabbi Finklestein writes: Pharasaism became Talmudism …
But the spirit of the ancient Pharisee survives unaltered. When the
Jew … studies the Talmud, he is actually repeating the arguments used
in the Palestinian academies. From Palestine to Babylonia; from
Babylonia to North Africa, Italy. Spain, France and Germany; from
these to Poland. Russia and Eastern Europe generally, ancient
Pharasaism has wandered."

"In Rabbi Finklestein's history of the Jews, he states: The Talmud
derives its authority from the position held by the ancient academies.
(i.e. Pharisee) The teachers of those academies, both of Babylonia and
of Palestine. were considered the rightful successors of the older
Sanhedrin . . . At the present time, the Jewish people have no living
central authority comparable in status to the ancient Sanhedrins or
the later academies. Therefore, any decision regarding the Jewish
religion must be based on the Talmud as the final resumé of the
teaching of those authorities when they existed. [page 2] (The Jews
— Their History, Culture, and Religion , Vol. 4, p. 1332, Jewish
Publication Society of America, 1949). "

"Note the Foreword to the first English translation of the Babylonian
Talmud by the late Chief Rabbi of Great Britain, J.H. Hertz, who, like
Rabbi Finklestein, was one of the 120 Jews chosen in 1937 by the
Kehillas of the World as best holding up the "lamp of Judaism:" The
beginnings of Talmudic literature date back to the time of the
Babylonian Exile in the Sixth pre-Christian Century … When a thousand
years later, the Babylonian Talmud assumed final codified form in the
year 500 after the Christian era, the Roman Western Empire had ceased
to be."

In Christ's time the Pharisees were the leaders of most of the Jews.
There were a small number
of Jews who were faithful to the Lord, such as the two mentioned in
Luke 2: 25 and 2: 36, Simeon and
Anna, and others. In modern times, as the sources quoted above say,
Talmudic Judaism is derived from
the religion of the Pharisees of the First Century.

The important question is which group of Jews are the Christian Zionists
referring to as Israel and the Jews? Is
it the Talmudic Jews who follow the Pharisees, or is it that very
small Remnant of Jews who were faithful to God during the period
Christ was on earth?

"From the time of Christ’s rejection by Israel until the time when God deals specifically with Israel again in the seventieth week it is not possible to refer to a remnant of the nation Israel." Things to Come: A Study in Biblical Eschatology, 1965, by J. Dwight Pentecost

Christian Zionism does not deal with the remnant as a small number who continue to be faithful to Christ in a time of apostasy. It focuses upon the multitude, in both Old Covenant Israel and in the New Covenant.

john w

Hall of Fame
Interplanner is an oxygen delivery driver. Wonder if he smokes on the job?
I kill me.

I say he is full of hot air.

Rememember, Mayor: Don't pull on Superman's cape.....Don't spit in the wind....Don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger, and you don't mess around with the great, humble saint John W....

A one-uh, a two-uh....Acapella....Acapella.....

Danoh

The important question is which group of Jews are the Christian Zionists referring to as Israel and the Jews? Is it the Talmudic Jews who follow the Pharisees, or is it that very small Remnant of Jews who were faithful to God during the period Christ was on earth?

"From the time of Christ’s rejection by Israel until the time when God deals specifically with Israel again in the seventieth week it is not possible to refer to a remnant of the nation Israel." Things to Come: A Study in Biblical Eschatology, 1965, by J. Dwight Pentecost

Christian Zionism does not deal with the remnant as a small number who continue to be faithful to Christ in a time of apostasy. It focuses upon the multitude, in both Old Covenant Israel and in the New Covenant.

Pentecost's actually intended sense was not the one you are claiming.

From the time of Christ’s rejection by Israel until the time when God deals specifically with Israel again in the seventieth week it is not possible to refer to a remnant of the nation Israel. In the body of Christ all national distinctions disappear. All Jews who are saved are not saved into a national relationship, but into a relationship to Christ in that body of believers... There is no continuing remnant of Israel with whom God is particularly dealing today…Because that nation is now blinded, God can not have a remnant within the nation.

- pp 293-94, Pentecost, J. Dwight. Things to Come. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1974.

SaulToPaul 2

I say he is full of hot air.

Rememember, Mayor: Don't pull on Superman's cape.....Don't spit in the wind....Don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger, and you don't mess around with the great, humble saint John W....

A one-uh, a two-uh....Acapella....Acapella.....

Just keep in mind what happened to the great Leroy Brown when he got overconfident...

john w

Hall of Fame
Just keep in mind what happened to the great Leroy Brown when he got overconfident...

Well, I will tell you, what I tell other TOL members, like Barn told Ang, when that deputy trainee interloper Bob Rogers was threatening to take over his job...

You just line 'em up, one at a time, Mayor..........

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The issue of the tie between the religion of the Pharisees of Christ's
time and present day Talmudic Judaism is very relevant to the starting
postulate of Christian Zionism which says that All Physical Israel, or All Jews,
now remain the people of God, even the chosen people, alongside
another group of God's people,the "church."

Romans 11:28-29 KJV
(28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
(29) For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

They, the enemies of the gospel, but elected and beloved of GOD are not the BOC.

northwye

Romans 11:28-29 KJV
(28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
(29) For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

They, the enemies of the gospel, but elected and beloved of GOD are not the BOC. "

"As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes." Here is the Textus Receptus Greek: κατα μεν το ευαγγελιον εχθροι δι υμας κατα δε την εκλογην αγαπητοι δια τους πατερας

There are no Greek words that can be translated as "they" in this sentence. "They" was added twice. Lets see if Tyndale does the same thing?

No, the King James follows the Tyndale New Testament. Tyndale says " As concerning the Gospel they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election they are loved for ye fathers sake's"

The Greek, word for word in its word order says "According indeed to the Gospel enemies on your account but according to the election beloved on account of the fathers."

It does not make any sense to translate this sentence as implying that those who are the enemies of the Gospel are also the elect.

Those of Israel who rejected the Gospel are "enemies for your sakes." But who is "your" ? As concerning the election those who are the elect are beloved for the sake of the fathers, meaning Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Romans 11: 28, like Romans 11: 26, is a difficult text. And who "your" is in Romans 11: 28 can depend upon who Israel is in Romans 11: 26.

And yet the word "elect" in Romans 11: 28 might tell us something about who All Israel is in Romans 11: 26.

Paul uses elect or election three times in Romans 11, in verse 5, 7, and 28.

"Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace." Romans 11: 5

"What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded." Romans 11: 7

"As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes." Romans 11: 28

The shift from the focus upon Israel of the Old Covenant - some of them being blinded - to All Israel shall be saved of Romans 11: 26 - when the All Israel is not taken to be an exaggeration, can be seen to point back to Romans 2: 28-29 and Romans 9: 6-8. Again, these two texts refer to that remnant of Old Covenant Israel of Romans 11: 5, the first of the elect of the New Covenant.

Paul does not spell everything out in detail. In Romans 2: 29 and In Romans 9: 8 there is a small group of Old Covenant Israel who become the elect of God. They are still of Israel, but have become the elect and born again in Christ. Then Paul goes farther in Romans 10: 12 and says there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek, because the same Christ is lord over both, meaning those who were not of the physical bloodline are grafted into the Israel of God.

The All Israel shall be saved in Romans 11: 26 is about the election again. All who are elected are there called Israel. I know Christian Zionists cannot hear this.

Danoh

All you have proven in your above errors, once more, northwye, is why an OVER RELIANCE on the Greek AND ON books "about" only ends one up in the dark alley that is "the wisdom of men."

northwye

The Marxist version of the dialectic is not limited to use only by the Christian Zionists. It is used by those in false doctrines other than Christian Zionism. Those in false doctrines often use the dialectic in an attack upon that which is established, of God and/or absolute like Biblical Truth or morality. This means those in false doctrines attack the Thesis by an Anti-thesis.

There is a relationship between false doctrines and loss of Christian morality. Paul calls this having the conscience seared by a hot iron in I Timothy 4: 2. If you notice that a person who claims to be a Christian shows evidence of a lack of morality, he or she is likely to be in a false doctrine. This is what Fearless Dave MacPhearson was pointing to when he wrote that " I assumed that the rapture debate involved only "godly scholars with honest differences." The paper you are now reading reveals why I gave up that assumption many years ago. With this introduction-of-sorts in mind, let's take a long look at the pervasive dishonesty throughout the history of the 179-year-old pretrib rapture theory."

MacPhearson is talking about Christian Zionist celebrities plagiarizing each other's books.

Since most people on Christian forums do not use their real names, a Spiritual War goes on all the time on Christian forums in the use of the Marxist type dialectic away,apparently most think, from accountability to God. In doing the dialectic they are trying to justify themselves before men (Luke 16:15), "Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God." The Marxist type of dialectic gets nasty at times and even without that nastiness, Romans 1: 28-29 warns against engaging in eris, debate or quarreling.

On many Christian forums doing Bible studies is not wanted. What is more accepted is one's opinions on God's Word. And often it is thought wrong to quote several scriptures but instead to state your opinions in your own words rather than quote scripture. But one's own words, as byte speak, one or just as few sentences which those with short attention spans might deal with, may very well not be in agreement with scripture's meanings. But that does not matter, what is important is the argument, the dialectic going on and on.

musterion

Why would God pound the land into our brains over and over to just dismiss it almost instantly?

For the same reason preterists claim He slaughtered thousands of Jews who, in 70, were no less under grace than the most benighted Gentiles.

(in other words, it's not God talking)

Danoh

Israel's is a PROPHESIED Grace.

The very Grace concerning Israel that the following passage is actually referring to....

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Romans 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

THEIRS is/was a PROPHESIED Grace COVENANT.

Exodus 32:9 And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people: 32:10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation. 32:11 And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand? 32:12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people. 32:13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever. 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work. 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

End of story?

God forbid!

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

It is fascinating how that ends on the same positive note concerning an election of (Prophesied) grace within the nation Israel that Paul first mentioned way back in Romans 3...

Romans 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.

The operative principle when considering Israel's possible future?

Where God has always looked at their PROPHESIED future from, during His delay of same...

His hope in HIMSELF...

Romans 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth; )