7th Grade Students Required to Write 'Allah Is the Only God' in Tennessee

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
7th Grade Students Required to Write 'Allah Is the Only God' in Tennessee Public Schools

Middle school parents in Tennessee are voicing concern with the Maury County School District after they discovered that their students were instructed to write "Allah is the only god" in order to translate the Islamic pillar of creed for a world history project.

After Brandee Porterfield's seventh-grade daughter brought home her Five Pillars of Islam project that she completed for her history class, which included the translation of the pillar of "Shahada" as being "There is no god but Allah; Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah," Porterfield complained to officials at Spring Hill Middle School.

Although Porterfield does not object to her child being taught details on the Islamic religion, she does oppose the fact that her daughter's history unit has not yet taught her about theological components of Christianity or Judaism. Porterfield believes that the state mandated history curriculum's overexposure to Islam is tantamount to state sponsorship of Islam.

"It really did bother me that they skipped the whole chapter on the rise of Christianity and they spent three weeks just studying Islam," Porterfield told Fox News.

"But what really did bother me, because I understand that Islam needs to be discussed in history, was that they did this assignment where they wrote out the Five Pillars of Islam, including having the children learn and write the Shahada, which is the Islamic conversion creed."...

What is the Shahada, for those who dont know:

What Is the Shahada?
The Shahada (also spelled “Shahadah”) is the Islamic Creed, one of the Five Pillars of Islam. The word “Shahada” comes from the verb shahida, meaning “he testifies” or “he bears witness.” In reciting the Shahada, a Muslim bears witness that Allah is the only true god, and that Muhammad is Allah’s prophet. The shortest form of the Shahada would be translated:

“There is no god but Allah; Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.”

Longer versions are common, especially those beginning with “I bear witness” or “I testify,” e.g.:

“I bear witness that there is no god but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.”
http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2012/10/what-is-shahada.html

Some use the word prophet instead of messenger. The school was requiring them to write "Allah is the only god; Muhammad is his prophet" (which is a lie from hell)

And people are worried about a picture of Jesus hanging in a hallway? Clearly making kids write the above, is trying to force conversion, since its very meaning (shahada) is the statement of conversion.

I guess separation of church and state, really means separation from Christianity only.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's world history class, so they're learning about the world's main religions.

*shrug*

Except they skipped the part on christianity, and what world religion class requires students to write a conversion creed?

Where is your church and state objections? Oh thats right, its only objected to if its a picture of Jesus, or a school says Happy Birthday Jesus.

But writing that Allah is the only god and muhammed is his prophet, is perfectly ok. (lie from the pit)

Almost.

glorydaz

7th Grade Students Required to Write 'Allah Is the Only God' in Tennessee Public Schools

What is the Shahada, for those who dont know:

http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2012/10/what-is-shahada.html

Some use the word prophet instead of messenger. The school was requiring them to write "Allah is the only god; Muhammad is his prophet" (which is a lie from hell)

And people are worried about a picture of Jesus hanging in a hallway? Clearly making kids write the above, is trying to force conversion, since its very meaning (shahada) is the statement of conversion.

I guess separation of church and state, really means separation from Christianity only.

It's a matter of desensitizing.....talk about it....make it something acceptable....even "cool". They did the same with being "gay". It was different and cool and worth trying. :nono:

Jose Fly

Except they skipped the part on christianity

They did? They aren't going to cover Christianity at all? Where's your evidence for that?

and what world religion class requires students to write a conversion creed?

This one, the one I took, the one my daughters took, the one my wife took.....

Where is your church and state objections? Oh thats right, its only objected to if its a picture of Jesus, or a school says Happy Birthday Jesus.

But writing that Allah is the only god and muhammed is his prophet, is perfectly ok. (lie from the pit)

Almost.

I can't tell if you're really this dim, or your perpetual outrage just keeps you from thinking rationally. As with the discussion about paintings of Jesus, it depends on the context. If the painting is part of a larger display, or the course material on Islam is part of a larger study of world religions, it's fine.

Try and think for a second.....really try. :think:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
They did? They aren't going to cover Christianity at all? Where's your evidence for that?

This one, the one I took, the one my daughters took, the one my wife took.....

I can't tell if you're really this dim, or your perpetual outrage just keeps you from thinking rationally. As with the discussion about paintings of Jesus, it depends on the context. If the painting is part of a larger display, or the course material on Islam is part of a larger study of world religions, it's fine.

Try and think for a second.....really try. :think:

Your a hypocrite, and a waste of my time, ignore for you to remind me of the waste of time.

Jose Fly

Fundamentalists....

Fingers+in+Ears.jpg

Tinark

I've seen some dumb threads on this board but this one takes the cake.

Question on Test:

What are the Five pillars of Islam?

Fundie Christians: They are trying to force conversion to Islam! Remove our children from the public schools, our kids are not to be educated but indoctrinated!

Question on history test about WWII: Name 5 points of the Nazi Party Platform.

Hello people, such a question would not, in any way, shape or form, be trying to convert people to Nazism. The contention that the schools are trying to indoctrinate kids into Islam is as dumb as the above example is trying to convert kids to Nazism.

And fundies wonder why they have a reputation for being ignorant hicks that are against that darn book larnin'?

kiwimacahau

Trying to understand Islam without understanding the five pillars are is akin to trying to understand swimming using Phoenician cuneiform.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I've seen some dumb threads on this board but this one takes the cake.

Question on Test:

What are the Five pillars of Islam?

Fundie Christians: They are trying to force conversion to Islam! Remove our children from the public schools, our kids are not to be educated but indoctrinated!

Question on history test about WWII: Name 5 points of the Nazi Party Platform.

Hello people, such a question would not, in any way, shape or form, be trying to convert people to Nazism. The contention that the schools are trying to indoctrinate kids into Islam is as dumb as the above example is trying to convert kids to Nazism.

And fundies wonder why they have a reputation for being ignorant hicks that are against that darn book larnin'?

Would you have a problem with public school students having to memorize the Nicene Creed?

RevTestament

I think the schools should teach the real 5 pillars of Islam.
1. stealth jihad - move colonists into areas you wish to convert, and allege prejudice if anyone protests.
2. when numbers reach about 5% of the population, insist that the local grocers provide foods which comply with sharia law.
3. economic jihad - throw violent protests if anyone exercises their right of free speech against Islam. Threaten cartoonists, etc.
4. sharia law - insist that local police & governments allow Muslims to self-govern under Sharia law.
5. full jihad - when the muslim population reaches 30-50%; wage open jihad on any and all other religions. If people refuse to convert, demand they pay the jizyah, or get beheaded, etc.

point out that nice sections of the Koran which preach things like freedom of religion are abrogated by any later parts of the Koran which conflict with them - in other words Allah changes his truths.
Class out