61% of Americans support a large tax cut.

shagster01

Everyone wants tax cuts. The problem is that they only want the cuts to come from programs that other people use, not the ones they do.

Mocking You

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/7/12/15959210/trump-tax-cuts-reform-tax-policy-center
Trump’s tax cuts would give the poor $40 each and the ultrarich $940,000

A new analysis by the Tax Policy Center finds that the tax cuts included in the Trump administration’s outline for tax reform released in April could cut federal revenues by as much as $7.8 trillion over 10 years, and that the benefits would go almost exclusively to the top 5 percent of earners.

I see the writer at Vox does not know how percentages work.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'd be happy with an extra $40 in my pocket :idunno:

I'd be happier with an extra $940,000 in my pocket :banana:

:think:

Prolly need bigger pockets

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everyone wants tax cuts. The problem is that they only want the cuts to come from programs that other people use, not the ones they do.

Incorrect. You are correct about the political left. You shall not covet. I am not opposed to taxes. They fund the government. Government does not exist to redistribute income.

jeffblue101

Will tax reform pass? The democrats have already made demands that are ludicrous

Yeah it got even harder pass tax reform through reconciliation. Basically republicans were going to use the tax savings from healthcare reform to finance the "bigly" permanent tax cuts that Trump wanted to pass. Since the reconciliation process requires a bill that is at least revenue neutral to pass and scoring by the CBO treats tax cuts as immediate deficit creators regardless of potential increase in tax revenue through growth, I just don't see how republicans can thread the needle after they failed to do so on healthcare reform. They can still pass temporary tax cuts but they don't have same effect as a permanent cut.

Last edited: