‘Church of Lucifer’ to Open in Texas

rougueone

Nothing new. The Church of Satan is in many states. Ironically in Oklahoma where the Ten Commandments were just removed.

Remember, Satan has no control over Gods people. And Satan has for some 6000 years tried to imitate our Holy God. Satan has certainly influenced our Government and society, churches, and obviously people. And will continue to . Until he is bound and placed in his home, the Lake of fire. Until then we carry Jesus and occupy. WE are so blessed to be Gods people.

You can Google: Church of Satan.

rougueone

This does not bode well. Consider what a similar satanic church did to William Shatner:

vlcsnap00016e.jpg

Prior to this, he was Captain Kirk. After this, he became the soulless pitchman for Priceline.

This must be stopped.

Why must it be stopped? I can think of more pressing issues. Evil abounds. It is the world. Music, fashion, life styles, entertainment, thought, and wars. Jesus prevails in the end.

whitestone

"must",well for the most part I think it might not occur to many if we should or not. But for instance in the case of American thermos company vrs. Aladdin the issue was that the public used the word "thermos" as a name for all types of hot or cold beverage containers. So as time went on the word "Thermos" was beginning to mean by definition "any container used to keep beverages hot or cold" instead of only exclusive to a company name.

In the case of Coka-cola who also used the trademark "coke" their are similar cases Coka-Cola vrs. Pepsi over the shapes of their bottles and the tendency of the public to call any type of soft drink/carbonated a "coke".

So its much the same when the word "church" is considered it was in ancient Greek two words used to call together an assembly or to describe the assembly called together but was not used as any type of "name" but rather an anonymous group that were assembled.

Beginning with Christianity the term Church was and still is used to denote a group of people who are followers of Christ. Some refer to themselves as "the Church" others use it in description of the building where they assemble, and co-mixtures of the same definition.

If the word Church is a noun,name of a certain entity and used as a namesake then it is used with a Capitol letter,example "(C)hurch" which is the case if we notice it is usually capitalized to denote it as being a name.

So if it is the "name" of the body or building of the assembly of the followers of Christ then for another inanity to use it, example "Church of Lucifer" it is an infringement on the rights of those who have used it for almost 2000 years as a name. If Christians permit them to use their trademark/name then it will be established by usage that it is just another common word and not a "name" associated with Christianity exclusively.

whitestone

I suppose that not an unfair assessment,lol. If I lived somewhere else other than the Houston area and did not know who Michael W. Ford is then I would probably see the issue the same as many of you do.

Possibly it would help if you were familiar with his teachings here are his 11 points where he himself explains the details is projecting magic to alter ideas and symbolism(Church),,, https://greaterchurchoflucifer.org/basic-definitions-of-the-left-hand-path/

keypurr

‘Church of Lucifer’ to Open in Texas

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

Would it bother you if something like this was started in your community?

No, I would not be bothered.

But I do not think your verse applies as it speaks of disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. This club, is not doing that.

I would not be interested in joining it.

keypurr

It would bother me to the point of shutting it down before it ever got started, protesting and negative attention. I would want witnesses to report every detail of their proceedings. Some lost souls will attend for the novelty or the unknown.

Only problem with that friend is that they can say your church is bad also. As wrong as they are it is their right to worship as they please.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No, I would not be bothered.

But I do not think your verse applies as it speaks of disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. This club, is not doing that.

I would not be interested in joining it.

my verse does apply, the part in red about satan, read the op. You added the highlighted part to my quote, i didnt put that there. You completely missed MY point.

From the op article:

However, some Luciferians consider themselves to be theistic and view Satan as a benevolent being and teacher. In No’s case, he said that as the word Lucifer means “morning star,” the group is a “gathering of people of like mind who seek the bearer of lightor the light.”

Then what i wrote:

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

I was emphasizing the counterfeit in red, don't add yellow highlights to posts of mine that i didnt put there.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Only problem with that friend is that they can say your church is bad also. As wrong as they are it is their right to worship as they please.

Yes, my first reaction was a little too strong. In reality they won't be having mutilated animals or having sex rituals etc. They still should be monitored somehow.

kiwimacahau

Let me reiterate, your freedom of worship is firmly predicated on their's. All religious groups should be free to worship as they would like unless they are physically hurting something / one.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Let me reiterate, your freedom of worship is firmly predicated on their's. All religious groups should be free to worship as they would like unless they are physically hurting something / one.

even mosques that are radicalizing youths?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

Yes,....the 1st amendment grants religious freedom to all, as such is practiced in accord with the laws of the land, as long as those freedoms do not harm or encroach on the individual well-being or liberty of anyone.

:thumb: