you can't get to God w/o Jesus.. and can't get to Jesus without His Church

republicanchick

true story

If you have come to Jesus, it is b/c of the Church he founded.. You may never have stepped foot in said Church all your life, but that does not matter. You found Jesus b/c of HIS Church

There would be no Protestants if there had not been Catholics and the Chuch

When will you come Home?

+++

HisServant

Since the RCC is not Jesus' church, going home to it would be moronic.

Seriously republicanchick... do you ever even think to verify what you are taught?

You also have to understand that if that is the case, then no one knew Jesus till around AD 300... which would mean all the apostles and new christians in the new testament never knew 'Jesus'

Last edited:

dialm

BANNED
Banned

true story

If you have come to Jesus, it is b/c of the Church he founded.. You may never have stepped foot in said Church all your life, but that does not matter. You found Jesus b/c of HIS Church

When will you come Home?

+++

You can't get to God without Jesus.
True

You can't get to Jesus without the Church.
True

There is no argument on these two points. No one has ever come to a saving knowledge of Christ except through the Church.

The problem is with the home coming. Is the Roman Catholic Church willing to accommodate the Protestants?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Was righteous Abel a Roman Catholic?

You make a very important point. The answer is yes. Here is why

Salvation must go backward as well as forward.

(Side view: Judaism says that your man was a Jew. Not possible if salvation doesn't go back and forth across time.)

heir

TOL Subscriber

true story

When will you come Home?

+++

The good news is the Lord Jesus Christ got through to God for us!

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

If when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son; then the death of His Son is what solved the problem that had previously caused us to be separated. In Christ, God was reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their (our) trespasses unto them (us)!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

So what does this mean for you as an unsaved individual? It means you can be saved! No matter who you are, where you’ve been or what you were doing while you were there: God will save you when you trust that when Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day, He was doing that for your salvation! Paul declares the gospel of Christ as the gospel by which we are saved:

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Paul writes that the gospel of Christ (above) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16-17 KJV although no longer to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but to all men as testified in due time 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV).

Paul writes that we are fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God’s promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV). That tells us that it’s not by anything (including your "the Church"), but the gospel!

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You make a very important point. The answer is yes. Here is why

Salvation must go backward as well as forward.

(Side view: Judaism says that your man was a Jew. Not possible if salvation doesn't go back and forth across time.)

Abel was not a Catholic or a Jew, he was the product of unorganized Christianity. (Christ created his father)

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Abel was not a Catholic or a Jew, he was the product of unorganized Christianity. (Christ created his father)

Have been studying Hebrews 11:3 KJV. Christ has created many worlds. The antediluvian is just one of many. We are all saved by faith. There is only one saving faith. Not many like the many worlds.

republicanchick

“...This generation is an evil generation;
it seeks a sign, but no sign will be given it,
except the sign of Jonah.
Just as Jonah became a sign to the Ninevites,
so will the Son of Man be to this generation.
At the judgment
the queen of the south will rise with the men of this generation
and she will condemn them,
because she came from the ends of the earth
to hear the wisdom of Solomon,
and there is something greater than Solomon here.
At the judgment the men of Nineveh will arise with this generation
and condemn it,
because at the preaching of Jonah they repented,
and there is something greater than Jonah here.”

Lk 11:29-32

republicanchick

Since the RCC is not Jesus' church, going home to it would be moronic.

Seriously republicanchick... do you ever even think to verify what you are taught?

You also have to understand that if that is the case, then no one knew Jesus till around AD 300... which would mean all the apostles and new christians in the new testament never knew 'Jesus'

Here are your own words with a few minor changes

Since the RCC might actually be Jesus' church, going home to it would not be moronic.. and one should look into the matter.

Seriously His Servant... do you ever even think to verify what you are taught?

You also have to understand that if Protestantism is the true religion, then no one knew Jesus till around AD 1521... which would mean all the apostles and new christians in the new testament never knew 'Jesus

+

HisServant

Here are your own words with a few minor changes

Since the RCC might actually be Jesus' church, going home to it would not be moronic.. and one should look into the matter.

Seriously His Servant... do you ever even think to verify what you are taught?

You also have to understand that if Protestantism is the true religion, then no one knew Jesus till around AD 1521... which would mean all the apostles and new christians in the new testament never knew 'Jesus

+

Your particular sect of Christianity started in 1054... just ask any Orthodox person. It was Rome that broke from its brothers and went rogue that year.

There is ABSOLUTELY no chance that the RCC is Jesus' church... not even a slim one.

So I have nothing to be afraid of. I believe in Jesus and his atoning work on the cross, so I am neither Roman Catholic or Protestant... as in I don't protest the Catholic church because it is irrelevant to me, my family and my extended family. None of us are Catholic, none of our parents were Catholic and we have had no Roman Catholic influences on our lives... Rome is irrelevant.

Also, Jesus never started a religion, he started a faith that was known as "The Way" for centuries before Rome adopted it and forced its vision of Christianity on the rest of the world at the point of a sword.

There were no priests or nuns till Rome got involved.. there was no pope till Rome got involved.. there were no man made saints till Rome got involved... there were no sacraments till Rome got involved... and I could go on... these are well known FACTS!

dialm

BANNED
Banned
There has always been a priest.

Rome was invited.

Women have a right to serve.

Jesus didn't start the way. He is The Way.

Rome is the very center of the world.

The Catholic Church is forever.

HisServant

There has always been a priest.

Jesus is the High Priest... all Christians are priests... but there is no clergy/laity distinction in the ekklesia other than that which the congregation allows.

Rome was invited.

No, Rome took what isn't rightly hers.

Women have a right to serve.

Absolutely

Jesus didn't start the way. He is The Way.

Early Jewish converts called their faith "The Way"

Rome is the very center of the world.

It is cursed for all eternity based on the Old Testaments warnings... because it conquered Israel and ruled it... it will forever be an enemy of God.

The Catholic Church is forever.

Nope.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

When will you come Home?[/B]
So if an atheist says, "There would be no saints without there first being sinners. When will you come home?" :plain:

As arguments go, that one should be, don't you think?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

true story

When will you come Home?

+++

:chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

:chuckle:

I've watched The Journey Home on EWTN for years. Never once has a convert said that they became Catholic because they believed that Christ died for their sins and they trusted him to save them. It is always a long process that has something to do with them reading something other than the Holy Bible, and becoming intellectually convinced that this church was the first.