You cannot get to Heaven without suffering

I have learned this truth not only through reading Christ's Words ("pick up your cross and carry it" or you can't be His disciple), but also through just trying to be a Christian in a very anti-Christ world

It is the unsaved who are always refusing to suffer or give up anything for the Jesus they claim to believe in (I think of a prominent R candidate so called)

]By the way,
i am not voting for the R nominee if that nominee is Mr HugeEgoCrook.
I would rather vote for Hillary. I am not kidding. At least she appears to respect.. well, everyone but Republicans

I don't like her and she is a dishonest crook/liar/narcissist just like Mr HugeEgo.. so

i am just not going to vote if T is the R nominee

you?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As for the suffering....he already did that, for my benefit. See Isaiah 53. And it pleased the Lord to do so.

As for the suffering....he already did that, for my benefit. See Isaiah 53. And it pleased the Lord to do so.

yes, but that doesn't change the fact that u have to suffer to get to Heaven. it is because you are a sinner regardless of what anyone else does, regardless of what Jesus did. You are still a sinner and sin still affects you and does awful things to you and you have to have Jesus throughly cleanse you of all that and that is painful

it is painful becasue you do not wnat to change

Bradley D

Every Christian suffers because they are going against the norms of the world and their sinful nature. I do not see H.C. being a suffering Christian either.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
yes, but that doesn't change the fact that u have to suffer to get to Heaven. it is because you are a sinner regardless of what anyone else does, regardless of what Jesus did. You are still a sinner and sin still affects you and does awful things to you and you have to have Jesus thoroughly cleanse you of all that and that is painful

it is painful because you do not want to change

"yes, but I know more than you, Nick" This is your implication.

The word is spelled 'you', not 'u'.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
quote-you-must-submit-to-supreme-suffering-in-order-to-discover-the-completion-of-joy-john-calvin-4-56-90.jpg

theophilus

Romans 8
12 So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh— 13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

Every Christian suffers because they are going against the norms of the world and their sinful nature. I do not see H.C. being a suffering Christian either.

Doesn't it look to you like we don't have anyone to vote for if it comes down to DT v HC???

At this point, there is no way i am going to vote if those are the gen election prospects

Romans 8
12 So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh— 13 for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him.

key words: If we suffer with Him. If we just suffer and don't offer all that suffering for Him, it doesn't do much good, if any. Our sufferings only have meaning if we suffer in Christ, which means recalling to mind (in the midst of some hardship or pain) that He suffered the same way (rejection, being misunderstood, feeling abandoned by God... being hated by all the pagans and even by non-pagans...)