You Are Born Carnally Minded

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You Are Born Carnally Minded. You Learn To Be Spiritually Minded
1 Cor 15:46-48
46 However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.
47 The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven.
48 As was the man of dust, so also are those who are made of dust; and as is the heavenly Man, so also are those who are heavenly.
1 Cor 15:43-44
43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power.
44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1 Cor 2:13-14
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Heb 12:3-8
3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.
4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.
5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens, and scourges every son whom He receives."
7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.
Heb 12:9-15
9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?
10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness.
11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.
12 Therefore strengthen the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees,
13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be dislocated, but rather be healed.
14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:
15 looking diligently lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled;
John 14:25-27
25 "These things I have spoken to you while being present with you.
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
27 "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
John 14:29
29 "And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe.
Gal 5:13-24
13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
15 But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another!
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Gal 5:25-26
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
Gal 6:1-2
1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.
2 Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.
Mark 10:31
31 "But many who are first will be last, and the last first."
Matt 19:29-30
29 "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life.
30 "But many who are first will be last, and the last first.
Matt 20:16
16 "So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen."
Matt 22:14
14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."
1 Cor 9:27
27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.
2 Cor 13:5-6
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
6 But I trust that you will know that we are not disqualified.
2 Cor 13:7
7 Now I pray to God that you do no evil, not that we should appear approved, but that you should do what is honorable, though we may seem disqualified.
(NKJ)

XXX You are born carnally minded. You learn to be spiritually minded, by walking after the Holy Spirit. Who only quotes New Testament.

Rom 8:1-8
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
(NKJ)

John 3:31-32
31 "He who comes from above is above all; he who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.
32 "And what He has seen and heard, that He testifies; and no one receives His testimony.
(NKJ)

oatmeal

Yes that is true.

And remain carnally minded.

Once a person begins to seek more than what the five senses tell him, then he may seek spiritual realities.

Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness shall be filled.

If they do Romans 10:9, they are immediately saved.

This new birth includes the gift of God eternal life/holy spirit... which enables them to do spiritual works.

But in order to do that they must do the second half of I Timothy 2:4, ... come to the knowledge of the truth"

knowledge here as in John 8:32, is knowledge gained by experience, not simply academic studies.

We become spiritually minded, Romans 8, by putting on the mind of Christ, renewing our minds to think God's words instead of the words of the world. Philippians 2:5.

Being saved is one thing, living that salvation by our renewing of our minds brings the reality of that salvation into fruition. Ie, we receive the benefits of salvation now as we now do God's will for our lives

I could liken it to being saved from certain death of say drowning. Having been saved from drowning, it would be wise to learn to swim and avoid situations that put us back into needless danger. We can learn to enjoy the water instead of being unnecessarily afraid of it.

After being born again, saved, we can learn to enjoy the life God meant for us, we do so by doing His will

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
BORN AGAIN STEP BY STEP

Matt 25:15-28
15 "And to one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability; and immediately he went on a journey.
16 "Then he who had received the five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents.
17 "And likewise he who had received two gained two more also.
18 "But he who had received one went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord's money.
19 "After a long time the lord of those servants came and settled accounts with them.
20 "So he who had received five talents came and brought five other talents, saying, 'Lord, you delivered to me five talents; look, I have gained five more talents besides them.'
21 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
22 "He also who had received two talents came and said, 'Lord, you delivered to me two talents; look, I have gained two more talents besides them.'
23 "His lord said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.'
24 "Then he who had received the one talent came and said, 'Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed.
25 'And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.'
26 "But his lord answered and said to him, 'You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed.
27 'So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest.
28 'Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents.
Matt 25:29
29 'For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away.
Luke 8:17-18
17 "For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and come to light.
18 "Therefore take heed how you hear. For whoever has, to him more will be given; and whoever does not have, even what he seems to have will be taken from him."
John 11:25-27
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live.
26 "And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"
27 She said to Him, "Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world."
John 12:24-25
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it produces much grain.
25 "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
Matt 20:16
16 "So the last will be first, and the first last. For many are called, but few chosen."
Luke 5:37-39
37 "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine will burst the wineskins and be spilled, and the wineskins will be ruined.
38 "But new wine must be put into new wineskins, and both are preserved.
39 "And no one, having drunk old wine, immediately desires new; for he says, 'The old is better.'"
Eph 2:1
1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins,
Mark 2:22
22 "And no one puts new wine into old wineskins; or else the new wine bursts the wineskins, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But new wine must be put into new wineskins."
Eph 2:4-6
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),
6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
Col 2:11-14
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,
12 buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead.
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
John 16:21-22
21 "A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
22 "Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
Rom 6:5-8
5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
2 Cor 5:17
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
2 Cor 1:8-10
8 For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life.
9 Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead,
10 who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us,
Rom 6:1-8
1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?
2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?
3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection,
6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.
7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.
8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him,
(NKJ)

Lets try to clear some things up. No one is a Christian because they say they are. Every Christian has to grow in Spirit until they become born again. And that cant happen until they go through all the steps of being born again.
And no two Christian are at the same place in their walk. One can be in the milk understanding and another can be in the meat understanding and another can be born again with the revelations of Jesus Christ. Now the milk understanding is three years long, and the meat understanding is atleast eleven years long, and the revelations of Jesus Christ at first are seven years long. Then after that they just keep coming.
One can be in there first year of the milk, while another can be in their third year of the milk understanding. One can be in their first or second year of the meat while another can be in their tenth or eleventh year of the meat. While some can be in their seventh year of receiving the revelations of Jesus Christ while others can be in their tenth or eleventh year of receiving the revelations of Jesus Christ.
Here is where the confusion comes in. No one in the milk CAN understand anyone in the meat. And no one in the meat CAN understand anyone in the revelations of Jesus Christ. This is why we trade talents to help and learn from one another. Outsiders will always see it as we are arguing with one another and in reality we are not.
Those in the milk understanding will always argue emotionally. Those in the meat who are in the process of crucifying their emotions will try to be gentle but with an accational stumbling. Those who have come to the revelations of Jesus Christ will never get emotional because they have crucified their emotions. No one gets it all by themselves without trading talents to gain more.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
From birth you have had spirits in you just waiting to be fed. Every time you give into the wrong spirit he grows a little stronger. Every time you go with the right spirit he grows a little stronger. You inherited spirits from your father and mother. a lot of alcoholics, had an alcoholic parent. We must all be held responsible for our own spirits.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Jhn 3:3, 7
3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." ...
7 "Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
[1Pe 1:23
23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

ttruscott

Then our birth cannot be our creation because it is a blasphemy to suggest that the GOD who is light without darkness created HIS Bride evil and disgustingly corrupt. It is also a blasphemy to believe that the GOD who is love with no wickedness in HIM creates HIS Bride as disgustingly evil.

And If GOD created us evil as you suggest then we are not culpable for our sins and no judgement is upon us since we have no chosen to be sinners but only act in the way chosen for us by GOD.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Then our birth cannot be our creation because it is a blasphemy to suggest that the GOD who is light without darkness created HIS Bride evil and disgustingly corrupt. It is also a blasphemy to believe that the GOD who is love with no wickedness in HIM creates HIS Bride as disgustingly evil.

And If GOD created us evil as you suggest then we are not culpable for our sins and no judgement is upon us since we have no chosen to be sinners but only act in the way chosen for us by GOD.

I said
lol I think you should slow down a little. Your tripping over your tongue. And the people are not the bride. Who do you think the bride is?

ttruscott

I said
lol I think you should slow down a little. Your tripping over your tongue. And the people are not the bride. Who do you think the bride is?

Maybe you should try to catch up?? The Elect of GOD are HIS Bride...some sinful, some not.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Maybe you should try to catch up?? The Elect of GOD are HIS Bride...some sinful, some not.

I said
lolol Well one of us should catch up. The Bride is the new Jerusalem, we are only the guests.

[Rev 21:9-12
9 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife."
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 having the glory of God. Her light [was] like a most precious stone, like a jasper stone, clear as crystal.
12 Also she had a great and high wall with twelve gates, and twelve angels at the gates, and names written on them, which are [the names] of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: