YHWH: For You are our Father... Our Kinsman-Redeemer (ga'al)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The kinsman redeemer was a provision in the Law.
The kinsman had to (1) be a relative (2) want to redeem his relative of his own free will (3) have the means to do so. This was necessary because a Jew could sell himself into slavery to cover his debts. After seven years he was to be released however the relative could perform the rights of the kinsman redeemer.

Christ was our relative in that He was a Man, He came of His own free will, He had the redemption price.
He purchased me out of the slavemarket of sin and set me free.
After a period of time I realized that more needed to be done so I dedicated myself to Him.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

beameup

The ga'al could also be an "avenger". The Day of the LORD is about vengeance. In Old Testament times, there were "cities of refuge" where one could flee to escape from the "avenger" ga'al. The ga'al is first mentioned in Job, so it was a well-established tradition in the Orient.

chair

גָּאַל - ga'al - H1350
1. to act as kinsman, do the part of next of kin, act as kinsman-redeemer

For I know that my redeemer [גָּאַל] liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me. - Job 19:25-27 -- The oldest book in the Bible

None could be so ignorant as to not even know or understand their own Holy Tanakh.

I am not ignorant. And neither are you. You are either a lying bigot or youir hatred is making you blind.

Three different uses of the word in Hebrew:

1. גָּאַל verb redeem, act as kinsman (Late Hebrew, Niph`al be redeemed; also גּוֺאֵל, גְּאוּלָּה) —

2 redeem, by payment of value assessed, of consecrated things, by the original owner Leviticus 27:13,15,19,20,31 (P).

3 redeem, with God as subject implying personal relationship, chiefly in poetry: —

beameup

Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more. For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and Thy [Kinsman] Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith YHWH Thy [Kinsman] Redeemer
- Isaiah 54:4-8

"for a small moment" = Jews forsaken for almost 2,000 years so far
"in a little wrath" = almost 2,000 years of God's wrath so far

Last edited:

chair

Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more. For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and Thy [Kinsman] Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God. For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith YHWH Thy [Kinsman] Redeemer
- Isaiah 54:4-8

"for a small moment" = Jews forsaken for almost 2,000 years so far
"in a little wrath" = almost 2,000 years of God's wrath so far

I would guess that the existence of the State of Israel is inconvenient for your bigoted viewpoint. As is the uncomfortable fact that Christian antisemitism was the cause of much Jewish suffering. Not "God's wrath".

I have also noted your refusal to deal with facts or to answer with any concrete comments.

beameup

I would guess that the existence of the State of Israel is inconvenient for your bigoted viewpoint. As is the uncomfortable fact that Christian antisemitism was the cause of much Jewish suffering. Not "God's wrath".

I have also noted your refusal to deal with facts or to answer with any concrete comments. :baby:

I have also noted your refusal to read and understand your own Tanakh.
I have also noted that you have zero knowledge of pre-70 A.D. Judaism.
Can you trace your ancestry back to Abraham; do you know what "tribe" you are from.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been told by Jews that Isaiah 53 is all them.
1) they are being punished by God
2) their soul is made an offering for sin
3) their soul is in travail
4) they "justified many"
5) they "bare their iniquities"?
6) their soul is poured out unto death
7) they bare the sins of many

chair

I have also noted your refusal to read and understand your own Tanakh.
I have also noted that you have zero knowledge of pre-70 A.D. Judaism.
Can you trace your ancestry back to Abraham; do you know what "tribe" you are from...

I'm from the tribe of Levi.
One of us doesn't understand the Tanakh. But it isn't me.

beameup

I'm from the tribe of Levi.
One of us doesn't understand the Tanakh. But it isn't me.

I'm certain that you meant to say Talmud, as the great majority of Jews, from my experience, are "unfamiliar" with the Tanakh.
So, I'm not surprised that you know nothing of the role of the goel... (pre-70 A.D. Mosaic Judaism).
Obviously, you are not that intelligent, as you haven't figured out how to do an internet search. It's the "I'll just ask my rabbi" excuse, no doubt.

How about that ancestry ("family tree") going back to Abraham?

chair

I'm certain that you meant to say Talmud, as the great majority of Jews, from my experience, are "unfamiliar" with the Tanakh.
So, I'm not surprised that you know nothing of the role of the goel... (pre-70 A.D. Mosaic Judaism).
Obviously, you are not that intelligent, as you haven't figured out how to do an internet search. It's the "I'll just ask my rabbi" excuse, no doubt.

How about that ancestry ("family tree") going back to Abraham?

Basically, stick it in your ear. I know the Tanakh. And I know the Talmud. And I am a Levite, by oral tradition. whether or not you like it.

You are wrong, a bigot, and obnoxious.

daqq

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've been told by Jews that Isaiah 53 is all them.
1) they are being punished by God
2) their soul is made an offering for sin
3) their soul is in travail
4) they "justified many"
5) they "bare their iniquities"?
6) their soul is poured out unto death
7) they bare the sins of many

I think I just quoted this same spam in one of your "non Kinsman-Redeemer-Goel" threads too! :)

beameup

I think I just quoted this same spam in one of your "non Kinsman-Redeemer-Goel" threads too! :)

Do you have anything original to make an original post of your own?
Or do you feel that you need to locate your nose quite close to my posterior and follow me around?

no_butt_sniffing.jpg

Last edited:

beameup

Unfortunately, you are demonstrating your ignorance and your "pity-me" attitude.

I have also noted your refusal to deal with facts or to answer with any concrete comments.
The idea that Jews are their own REDEEMER is ludicrous.

beameup

Just historical reality. Sorry if it makes you uncomfortable.

I have never said that.

"Historically" you claim that it is God's judgment against the Jewish people.
You claim Isaiah 53 for yourselves, and that it describes the Jewish people.
You claim that the Jewish people are the "redeemer" [goel] in the passages quoted from the Tanakh.

Isaiah 53, "in a nutshell":
1) you are being punished by God
2) your soul is being made an offering for sin
3) your soul sees travail
4) you are "justifying many"
5) you are "baring their iniquities"?
6) you soul is being poured out unto death
7) you are bearing the sins of many

chair

"Historically" you claim that it is God's judgment against the Jewish people.
You claim Isaiah 53 for yourselves, and that it describes the Jewish people.
You claim that the Jewish people are the "redeemer" [goel] in the passages quoted from the Tanakh.

Isaiah 53, "in a nutshell":
1) you are being punished by God
2) your soul is being made an offering for sin
3) your soul sees travail
4) you are "justifying many"
5) you are "baring their iniquities"?
6) you soul is being poured out unto death
7) you are bearing the sins of many

Listen carefully:
1. It is extraordinarily ironic for Christians to persecute Jews for many centuries, then point at the Jewish suffering and say: "See, God is making you suffer".
2. I personally did not say anything about Isaiah 53. You are either confusing me with somebody else, or lumping all Jews together.

beameup

I wonder what translation you use. I see this:

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:
I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God

"His" in "His redeemer" refers to Israel.
This is a very monotheistic verse. It is amazing how you manage to twist it to meet your ideological needs.

The direct object is God.
So you are saying that Israel is God.

beameup

Bless the LORD [YHWH] , O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth
[ga'al] thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee
with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
- Psalm 103:2-4

גָּאַל - ga'al - Redeem/Redeemer

beameup

I wonder what translation you use. I see this:

Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel,
And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts:

I am the First and I am the Last;
Besides Me there is no God​

"His" in "His redeemer" refers to Israel.
This is a very monotheistic verse. It is amazing how you manage to twist it to meet your ideological needs.

So, in your mind, "His redeemer, the LORD of hosts" refers to Israel.
Delusional :kookoo: