Why Your Faith in a Doctrine or a Religion Will NOT Save You

Robert Pate

Banned
The only thing that God will honor in the judgment is faith in his Son Jesus Christ. Faith in a doctrine or a religion is NOT saving faith. In the judgment if you are not found to be trusting in Jesus Christ and in Jesus Christ alone, you will perish, Matthew 7:21-23.

No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus has atoned for their sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. No one will be saved that does not have faith that Jesus fulfilled and offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law.

No one will be saved that does not believe and have faith that Jesus is the, "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. If you believe that Jesus was just a good man and was not the divine Son of God, you will most certainly perish. "For if you believe not that I am he (God) you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

No where in the Bible are we called to have faith in a doctrine or a religion. Over and over Jesus tells us to believe in him, "Whosoever that believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16. It is the work of Satan to cause you to believe in Calvinism, Catholicism or any other religion. Christ and Christ alone should be the object of your faith and not a religion.

Nanja

pate
The only thing that God will honor in the judgment is faith in his Son Jesus Christ.

The scriptures declare that the only Faith in Christ that is the evidence of one being Saved / Justified is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

But the faith that a man in the flesh exercises in his unregenerate mind is merely a work of the flesh which cannot please God Rom. 8:7-8.

And scripture is clear that Salvation is not of works.

Eph. 2:8-9:

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works [ergon], lest any man should boast.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

So according to the Word of God, first a person must be Born of the Spirit, then the good work of Believing with his New Mind / Heart Ezek. 36:26 pleases God Rom. 8:9.

beloved57

The only thing that God will honor in the judgment is faith in his Son Jesus Christ. Faith in a doctrine or a religion is NOT saving faith. In the judgment if you are not found to be trusting in Jesus Christ and in Jesus Christ alone, you will perish, Matthew 7:21-23.

No one will be saved that does not believe that Jesus has atoned for their sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. No one will be saved that does not have faith that Jesus fulfilled and offered to God the Father a life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law.

No one will be saved that does not believe and have faith that Jesus is the, "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16. If you believe that Jesus was just a good man and was not the divine Son of God, you will most certainly perish. "For if you believe not that I am he (God) you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

No where in the Bible are we called to have faith in a doctrine or a religion. Over and over Jesus tells us to believe in him, "Whosoever that believes in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16. It is the work of Satan to cause you to believe in Calvinism, Catholicism or any other religion. Christ and Christ alone should be the object of your faith and not a religion.

You teach that sinners Christ died for, still perish in their sins, making the Cross of Christ of no effect !

Robert Pate

Banned
pate

The scriptures declare that the only Faith in Christ that is the evidence of one being Saved / Justified is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

You have never been born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23.

The Bible knows nothing of anyone being born again without hearing and believing the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

But the faith that a man in the flesh exercises in his unregenerate mind is merely a work of the flesh which cannot please God Rom. 8:7-8.

And scripture is clear that Salvation is not of works.

Eph. 2:8-9:

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works [ergon], lest any man should boast.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

So according to the Word of God, first a person must be Born of the Spirit, then the good work of Believing with his New Mind / Heart Ezek. 36:26 pleases God Rom. 8:9.

jsanford108

Robert said:

1 Timothy speaks of churches and leadership quite a bit. Even talking about trusting the leadership.

Here is a quick google result of "Church verses."
https://www.openbible.info/topics/church_leadership

And it is even utilizing a very modern Protestant translation. Despite constant protests to Church Authority, they still can't efficiently see (despite their attempts at revision and alteration) what is plainly written in Scripture.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Robert Pate

Banned
1 Timothy speaks of churches and leadership quite a bit. Even talking about trusting the leadership.

Here is a quick google result of "Church verses."
https://www.openbible.info/topics/church_leadership

And it is even utilizing a very modern Protestant translation. Despite constant protests to Church Authority, they still can't efficiently see (despite their attempts at revision and alteration) what is plainly written in Scripture.

There was a lot of things wrong in the early church. Paul was continually correcting them and trying to bring them back to the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law. The Corinthians were the worst. At one time Paul threatened to beat them with a stick. The trouble starts when people and churches depart from the glorious Gospel of Christ and become religious. Religion is a preoccupation with ones spirituality. It is very subjective and usually winds up in sin. The Gospel is objective and concerns Jesus Christ and his work to provide salvation for fallen man.

jsanford108

There was a lot of things wrong in the early church. Paul was continually correcting them and trying to bring them back to the Gospel and justification by faith apart from the works of the law. The Corinthians were the worst. At one time Paul threatened to beat them with a stick. The trouble starts when people and churches depart from the glorious Gospel of Christ and become religious. Religion is a preoccupation with ones spirituality. It is very subjective and usually winds up in sin. The Gospel is objective and concerns Jesus Christ and his work to provide salvation for fallen man.

If your proposition was correct, why would any Apostle have been instructing believers to trust and follow church leaders? That would go against what you claim to be true. Why not just give the same advice that you have been providing?

Bradley D

The Bible is my religion.

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world" (James 1:27).

Robert Pate

Banned
The Bible is my religion.

"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world" (James 1:27).

The main reason for the Bible is to be a witness for Christ and his Gospel. It is not a Christian Torah. We are called to live by the Spirit of Christ and not the letter of the law.

Robert Pate

Banned
So, you saw my response, yet did not answer it.

Sorry I missed it.

We have the full revelation of Jesus Christ and his Gospel in the Bible. There is really no need to follow after a church leader. Most of them that I know of don't have the truth. I have not been a member of a church for the past 25 years.

God's Truth

The main reason for the Bible is to be a witness for Christ and his Gospel. It is not a Christian Torah. We are called to live by the Spirit of Christ and not the letter of the law.

How do you live by the Spirit? You go against me every time I preach obedience.

You call the Bible a letter of the law?! What a mess.

You wouldn't know any truth about the Truth if it were not for the Bible.

By the way, a person can read the Bible a hundred times and still not have understanding of the Truth.

God gives understanding to those who obey Jesus' teachings as found in the Bible.

Robert Pate

Banned
How do you live by the Spirit? You go against me every time I preach obedience.

You call the Bible a letter of the law?! What a mess.

You wouldn't know any truth about the Truth if it were not for the Bible.

By the way, a person can read the Bible a hundred times and still not have understanding of the Truth.

God gives understanding to those who obey Jesus' teachings as found in the Bible.

God gives understanding to those who are trusting in his Son Jesus Christ for their salvation. You have no understanding of the Gospel. you think that your obedience is what is going to save you, when in reality it is what may damn you to hell. You are not really trusting in Christ. You are trusting in yourself.

God's Truth

God gives understanding to those who are trusting in his Son Jesus Christ for their salvation. You have no understanding of the Gospel. you think that your obedience is what is going to save you, when in reality it is what may damn you to hell. You are not really trusting in Christ. You are trusting in yourself.

No, God does not damn people to hell for obeying Jesus.

Robert Pate

Banned
No, God does not damn people to hell for obeying Jesus.

Instead of trying to obey Jesus, which you are not doing. You need to trust in Jesus for your salvation, which you are not doing. You will be in the Lord, Lord, didn't we group, Matthew 7:21-23. The Bible says that your righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. But you don't believe it.

God's Truth

Instead of trying to obey Jesus, which you are not doing. You need to trust in Jesus for your salvation, which you are not doing. You will be in the Lord, Lord, didn't we group, Matthew 7:21-23. The Bible says that your righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. But you don't believe it.

I do obey Jesus and trust him for my salvation.