Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttruscott

Why would God need a hell, when he is the Savior of ALL Mankind?

Why talk about the people called goats going into the eternal fire created for Satan and his angels? Matthew 25:41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Is He a liar or stupid He should say such a thing, a phrasing designed to terrify His listeners which, according to you, is a blatant lie? 8th time a charm eh, will you answer this this time?

ttruscott

Listen, no matter how you search the bible for the condemnation of humans, I will search and find life with God for them; because that is already in my mind.

I know this - it is called being closed minded... my mind is closed to some things too and making Christ out to be a fool saying things that will never happen as if they will or merely babbling about what GOD can do but never would is ridiculous and unbelievable.

way 2 go

So your accusations fall on deaf ears.

Mat 13:12 For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
Mat 13:13 This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.

Mickiel

Why talk about the people called goats going into the eternal fire created for Satan and his angels? Matthew 25:41 "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Is He a liar or stupid He should say such a thing, a phrasing designed to terrify His listeners which, according to you, is a blatant lie? 8th time a charm eh, will you answer this this time?

Why do you want to talk with me, and you think I am full of quibble?

For what?

Why waste your time?

Timotheos

:yawn: Let the reader decide (Eph 4:14). :peach:

obamagog3096894569874598645986759486.png

Ephesians 4:14? Why does the verse you post never answer the question I ask?

Go take a nap, you are tired.

Mickiel

It's written in the law of Moses.

The soul who sins shall die.

We have all sinned however.

Could you kindly show us in that law, where it sends anyone to an eternal punishing hell? Or how about showing us where it just threatens them with an eternal punishing hell? Can you show us in that law, the people ever being explained that kind of hell, or that kind of hell being defined? Maybe you can show us anywhere that God himself talks about it in the OT.

This I got to see.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Christians] "...[T]hey believe many will be lost."
Ex 23:2, Mt 7:14

"...They think that Jesus is only reconciling those who accept him..."
Jesus has chosen every person (Jn 3:16). Men must choose him (John 3:19–21, Heb. 11:8–10).

Bad choices are made by: disobeying God (Num. 14:1–45), putting the flesh first (Gen. 25:29–34), following a false prophet (Matt. 24:11, 24), letting the world overcome (Matt. 19:16–22), rejecting God’s promises (Acts 13:44–48). Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 134). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

[2 Corinth. 5:19]
"2 Co 5:19 God was in Christ. God by His own will and design used His Son, the only acceptable and perfect sacrifice, as the means to reconcile sinners to Himself (see notes on v. 18; Acts 2:23; Col. 1:19, 20; cf. John 14:6; Acts 4:12; 1 Tim. 2:5, 6).

2 Co 5:18 all things are of God. Many modern translations add the article “these” before “things,” which connects the word “things” to all that Paul has just asserted in vv. 14–17. All the aspects related to someone’s conversion and newly transformed life in Christ are accomplished by sovereign God. Sinners on their own cannot decide to participate in these new realities (see note on Rom. 5:10; cf. 1 Cor. 8:6; 11:12; Eph. 2:1).

Ro 5:10 saved by His life. When we were God’s enemies, Christ was able by His death to reconcile us to God. Certainly now that we are God’s children, the Savior can keep us by His living power." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1701). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"God has said that he wants all saved."
Eze 18:32

[Num. 23:19]
"Nu 23:19 that he should change his mind Doesn’t imply that God cannot change His mind—there are ample illustrations of God doing so. Rather, God will not change something He has decreed or promised. See 1 Sam 15:29, 35; Exod 32:9–14; Jonah 3:10." Barry, J. D., Heiser, M. S., Custis, M., Mangum, D., & Whitehead, M. M. (2012). Faithlife Study Bible (Nu 23:19). Bellingham, WA: Logos Bible Software.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Here is good news for unbelievers and those who reject Christ; your not doomed, there is hope for you!"
Heb 10:31 :burnlib:

Requirements of salvation include: confession (Acts 2:21), repentance (Mark 1:15), faith (John 3:14–18), regeneration (John 3:3–8), holy scripture (2 Tim. 3:15). Thomas Nelson Publishers. (1996). Nelson’s quick reference topical Bible index (p. 543). Nashville, TN: Thomas Nelson Publishers.

"In 1 John 4:14, I am testifying to you that the Father God sent his Son Jesus, to be the Savior of the world!"
Appropriate the gift (Acts 16:30–34).

"1 Jn 4:13–16 John introduces the reader to the fourth of 5 reasons why Christians love: because love is the Christian’s assurance (see notes on 3:16–23).

1 Jn 3:16 By this we know love. With this phrase, John introduces the standard of love that is reflected in genuine Christianity. It becomes the measuring stick for every expression of love (see v. 18). John presents the third characteristics of Satan’s children in terms of their lack of love.

Satan’s children are marked by indifference toward other’s needs (see also vv. 12, 15). He laid down His life for us. This expression is unique to John (John 10:11, 15, 17, 18; 13:37, 38; 15:13) and speaks of divesting oneself of something. Christian love is self-sacrificing and giving. Christ’s giving up his life for believers epitomized the true nature of Christian love (John 15:12, 13; Phil. 2:5–8; 1 Pet. 2:19–23). we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. God calls Christians to that same standard of love for one another as He had for us (see v. 16a).

3:17 whoever has this world’s goods … and shuts up his heart. True love is not limited to supreme sacrifices (v. 16), but shows up in lesser ones. Genuine Christian love expresses itself in sacrificial giving to other Christian’s needs (i.e., “his brother”). It is a practical love that finds motivation in helping others (1 Tim. 6:17–19; Heb. 13:16; James 2:14–17). Where it does not exist, it is questionable that God’s love is present. If that is so, it is also questionable whether the person is the Lord’s child (v. 14).

3:18 in word or in tongue … in deed and in truth. Claiming to love is not enough. Love is not sentiment, but deeds.

3:19 by this we know. A lifestyle of love in action is the demonstrable proof of salvation (see v. 16). shall assure our hearts before Him.
John gives 3 benefits of love for the true Christian. The first benefit is assurance of salvation since love in action is the test of Christian profession (cf. 4:7; John 13:34, 35).

3:20 if our heart condemns us, God is greater. God knows those who are truly His (2 Tim. 2:19) and wants to assure His own of their salvation. Although Christians may have insecurities and doubts about salvation, God does not condemn them (Rom. 8:10). Displaying love as a pattern of life, is the proof that believers stand uncondemned before God.

3:21 confidence toward God. Love banishes self-condemnation. When a Christian recognizes in his life the manifestation of love in deeds and actions, it results in confidence about his relationship with God.

3:22 The second benefit of love is answered prayer (see v. 19). Since love is the heart of obedience to the law (cf. Matt. 22:37–40; Rom. 13:8–10), its presence in a life evidences submission to God which He blesses by answered prayers.

3:23, 24 Cf. 4:13. These verses again repeat the 3 features of this epistle—believing, loving, and obeying—which are the major evidences of true salvation. The third benefit of love is the abiding presence and empowering of the Holy Spirit." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1970). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Explain to yourself why you think the bible keeps calling Jesus, " The Savior of the World!" John 4:42. Maybe its a serious mistake? Maybe a misprint!

"Possess your possessions." Ro 7 ~ Adrian Rogers

He is the way back to the tree of life (Gen. 2:9, Rev. 22:1, 2).

And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world [John 4:40–42].

"What a wonderful thing we see here. They came to the Living Water and they drank. The only condition was for them to thirst. You will never know that you thirst until you know that you are a sinner, friend. Isaiah cried, “Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters …” (Isa. 55:1). Our Lord gave the same invitation: “If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink” (John 7:37). The Water of Life is for “any man.” But the one condition is thirst." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Gospels (John 1-10) (electronic ed., Vol. 38, pp. 74–75). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"I know you can't tell us how many people you are projecting to be in your hell..."
Many (Mt 7:13).

"Ge 17:5 — “No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for I have made you a father of many nations.”

Even before God fulfilled His promise to Abraham to give him a son through Sarai, He said, “I have made you a father of many nations.” God’s promises are so solid that He can speak of their future fulfillment in the past tense!

...Re 7:9 — … a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes...

God not only redeems people from every imaginable point of origin and background, He also redeems multitudes beyond count. His grace reaches into every corner of the world." Stanley, C. F. (2005). The Charles F. Stanley life principles Bible: New King James Version (Re 7:9). Nashville, TN: Nelson Bibles.

"God save us from your hell beliefs!"
:yawn: Save you from what?

See:

Hell

ttruscott

Why do you want to talk with me, and you think I am full of quibble?

For what?

Why waste your time?

I like your passion and your compassion but these do not make your theology correct. Are we really supposed to choose between our theological options based on emotional appeal? You know you have a problem with Matthew 25:41 - why avoid it?

Mickiel

I like your passion and your compassion but these do not make your theology correct. Are we really supposed to choose between our theological options based on emotional appeal? You know you have a problem with Matthew 25:41 - why avoid it?

Yes, I have a problem with everlasting punishment, even for demons. Something about it just is not adding up to me; it does not match God, and it does not make sense. And one thing I have learned about God, he makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.