Why would God need a hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Romans 5:10...Christians cannot stop the salvation of unbelievers...
:yawn:

"Ro 5:10. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being now—“having now been”

reconciled, we shall be saved by his life—that is “If that part of the Saviour’s work which cost Him His blood, and which had to be wrought for persons incapable of the least sympathy either with His love or His labors in their behalf—even our ‘justification,’ our ‘reconciliation’—is already completed; how much more will He do all that remains to be done, since He has it to do, not by death agonies any more, but in untroubled ‘life,’ and no longer for enemies, but for friends—from whom, at every stage of it, He receives the grateful response of redeemed and adoring souls?” To be “saved from wrath through Him,” denotes here the whole work of Christ towards believers, from the moment of justification, when the wrath of God is turned away from them, till the Judge on the great white throne shall discharge that wrath upon them that “obey not the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ”; and that work may all be summed up in “keeping them from falling, and presenting them faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy” (Jud 1:24): thus are they “saved from wrath through Him.”" Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 231). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

If you think everyone will have eternal happy eternal life, then you are a lunkhead. If you think some, many actually, will have eternal life, happy or sad, maybe you are not.

I don't call people out of their name, and I don't imply personal insults, but I notice many Christians here do that. Some have done it so much, that I have to ignore them. And if you keep calling me names, I'll ignore you. There is no need for that.

Mickiel

Jesus came to earth so that all humans can HAVE eternal life with God. Everyone, not just special groups, God is not partial with salvation, Christians are. John 10:10, " I am come that they may HAVE life, and have it more abundantly, ( or eternally)." Jesus came here for life.

Its all about free life; and religion is all about trying to take that from unbelievers who are not in their group.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Lets look at more hope for unbelievers and those who reject God. In 1 John 2:2 ...Obvious universal salvation.

"1 Jn 2:2 propitiation. Cf. 4:10. The word means “appeasement” or “satisfaction.” The sacrifice of Jesus on the cross satisfied the demands of God’s holiness for the punishment of sin (cf. Rom. 1:18; 2 Cor. 5:21; Eph. 2:3). So Jesus propitiated or satisfied God. See note on Heb. 9:5 for a clear illustration of propitiation. for the whole world. This is a generic term, referring not to every single individual, but to mankind in general. Christ actually paid the penalty only for those who would repent and believe. A number of Scriptures indicate that Christ died for the world (John 1:29; 3:16; 6:51; 1 Tim. 2:6; Heb. 2:9). Most of the world will be eternally condemned to hell to pay for their own sins, so they could not have been paid for by Christ. The passages which speak of Christ’s dying for the whole world must be understood to refer to mankind in general (as in Titus 2:3, 4). “World” indicates the sphere, the beings toward whom God seeks reconciliation and has provided propitiation. God has mitigated His wrath on sinners temporarily, by letting them live and enjoy earthly life (See note on 1 Tim. 4:10). In that sense, Christ has provided a brief, temporal propitiation for the whole world. But He actually satisfied fully the wrath of God eternally only for the elect who believe. Christ’s death in itself had unlimited and infinite value because He is Holy God. Thus His sacrifice was sufficient to pay the penalty for all the sins of all whom God brings to faith. But the actual satisfaction and atonement was made only for those who believe (cf. John 10:11, 15; 17:9, 20; Acts 20:28; Rom. 8:32, 37; Eph. 5:25). The pardon for sin is offered to the whole world, but received only by those who believe (cf. 4:9, 14; John 5:24). There is no other way to be reconciled to God." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1965). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
John 10...

12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

:mock:mickie, the wolf

Mickiel

Notice Job 34:19, " How much less to him that accepteth not the person of princes, nor regardeth the rich more than the poor; for they ALL are the work of his hands." Unbelievers are the work of God's hands; people who reject Christ still belong to God. God is no respecter of persons, Acts 10:34; his salvation is for us all.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...God loves us and sent his Son to cover our sins 1 John 4:10

"1 Jn 4:10 propitiation for our sins. For the word’s meaning, See note on 2:2. Hebrews 9:5 translates a form of this word as “the mercy seat.” Christ lit. became our mercy seat like the one in the Holy of Holies, where the High-Priest splattered the blood of the sacrifice on the Day of Atonement (Lev. 16:15). Christ did this when His blood, spilled on behalf of others, satisfied the demands of God’s holy justice and wrath against sin.

4:11 God’s sending His Son gives Christians not only salvation privilege, but obligation to follow this pattern of sacrificial love. Christian love must be self-sacrificing like God’s love." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1972). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Notice Job 34:19, " How much less to him that accepteth not the person of princes, nor regardeth the rich more than the poor; for they ALL are the work of his hands." Unbelievers are the work of God's hands; people who reject Christ still belong to God. God is no respecter of persons, Acts 10:34; his salvation is for us all.

Mickiel

Rom. 2:11, " For there is no respect of persons with God", in other words, salvation is for everyone, especially those who reject it!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
John 17:2...Jesus can GIVE eternal life to ALL flesh!
"B. The fruitful Son (17:2–4)
1. He has given eternal life to all the elect (17:2–3).
2. He has completed his assignment (17:4)." Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible (Jn 17:1–4). Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.

Mickiel

God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, Ezk. 33:11, because he is not a sadist, like many of his followers are. He takes pleasure in forgiving them and giving them eternal life!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Job 34:19...Unbelievers are the work of God's hands...
Who hath given him a charge over the earth? or who hath disposed the whole world?
If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath [Job 34:13–14].

"The point is that God has a care, God has a concern for man." McGee, J. V. (1997). Thru the Bible commentary (electronic ed., Vol. 2, p. 648). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

...[P]eople who reject Christ still belong to God...Acts 10:34...
"Ac 34, 35. Peter opened his mouth—(See on Mt 5:2).

Of a truth I perceive—that is, “I have it now demonstrated before mine eyes.”

that God is no respecter of persons—Not, “I see there is no capricious favoritism with God,” for Peter would never imagine such a thing; but (as the next clause shows), “I see that God has respect only to personal character and state in the acceptance of men, national and ecclesiastical distinctions being of no account.”" Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 186). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Mickiel

If the Christians were right and there was an eternal hell, then that means God would " Cast off " humans forever. Lamentations 3:31, " For the Lord will not cast off forever!" Eternal hell is a vicious lie.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Ezk. 33:11...[H]e is not a sadist, like many of his followers are.

"Eze 33:11. To meet the Jews’ cry of despair in Ez 33:10, Ezekiel here cheers them by the assurance that God has no pleasure in their death, but that they should repent and live (2 Pe 3:9). A yearning tenderness manifests itself here, notwithstanding all their past sins; yet with it a holiness that abates nothing of its demands for the honor of God’s authority. God’s righteousness is vindicated as in Ez 3:18–21 and Ez 18:1–32, by the statement that each should be treated with the closest adaptation of God’s justice to his particular case." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 1, p. 606). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.