serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"It's just too bad that certain believers cannot hog heaven to themselves..."
Do not keep silent,
O God of my praise!
For the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful
Have opened against me;
They have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
They have also surrounded me with words of hatred,
And fought against me without a cause.
In return for my love they are my accusers,
But I give myself to prayer.
Thus they have rewarded me evil for good,
And hatred for my love.

Set a wicked man over him,
And let an accuser stand at his right hand.
When he is judged, let him be found guilty,
And let his prayer become sin.
Let his days be few,
And let another take his office.
Let his children be fatherless,
And his wife a widow.
Let his children continually be vagabonds, and beg;
Let them seek their bread also from their desolate places.
Let the creditor seize all that he has,
And let strangers plunder his labor.
Let there be none to extend mercy to him,
Nor let there be any to favor his fatherless children.
Let his posterity be cut off,
And in the generation following let their name be blotted out.

Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered before the Lord,
And let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.
Let them be continually before the Lord,
That He may cut off the memory of them from the earth;
Because he did not remember to show mercy,
But persecuted the poor and needy man,
That he might even slay the broken in heart.
As he loved cursing, so let it come to him;
As he did not delight in blessing, so let it be far from him.
As he clothed himself with cursing as with his garment,
So let it enter his body like water,
And like oil into his bones.
Let it be to him like the garment which covers him,
And for a belt with which he girds himself continually.
Let this be the Lord’s reward to my accusers,
And to those who speak evil against my person.

But You, O God the Lord,
Deal with me for Your name’s sake;
Because Your mercy is good, deliver me.
For I am poor and needy,
And my heart is wounded within me.
I am gone like a shadow when it lengthens;
I am shaken off like a locust.
My knees are weak through fasting,
And my flesh is feeble from lack of fatness.
I also have become a reproach to them;
When they look at me, they shake their heads.

Help me, O Lord my God!
Oh, save me according to Your mercy,
That they may know that this is Your hand—
That You, Lord, have done it!
Let them curse, but You bless;
When they arise, let them be ashamed,
But let Your servant rejoice.
Let my accusers be clothed with shame,
And let them cover themselves with their own disgrace as with a mantle.

I will greatly praise the Lord with my mouth;
Yes, I will praise Him among the multitude.
For He shall stand at the right hand of the poor,
To save him from those who condemn him. Ps 109:1–31 :popcorn:

"...[W]hile they preach hell and damnation; Joel 2:28, " And it SHALL COME TO PAST [sic] that I will pour my spirit out on ALL FLESH!" Whoop there it is again, the awesome inclusion of salvation and the exclusion of the Christian hell."

"Joel 28. afterward—“in the last days” (Is 2:2) under Messiah after the invasion and deliverance of Israel from the northern army. Having heretofore stated the outward blessings, he now raises their minds to the expectation of extraordinary spiritual blessings, which constitute the true restoration of God’s people (Is 44:3). Fulfilled in earnest (Ac 2:17) on Pentecost; among the Jews and the subsequent election of a people among the Gentiles; hereafter more fully at the restoration of Israel (Is 54:13; Je 31:9, 34; Ez 39:29; Zec 12:10) and the consequent conversion of the whole world (Is 2:2; 11:9; 66:18–23; Mic 5:7; Ro 11:12, 15). As the Jews have been the seedmen of the elect Church gathered out of Jews and Gentiles, the first Gospel preachers being Jews from Jerusalem, so they shall be the harvest men of the coming world-wide Church, to be set up at Messiah’s appearing. That the promise is not restricted to the first Pentecost appears from Peter’s own words: “The promise is (not only) unto you and to your children, (but also) to all that are afar off (both in space and in time), even as many as the Lord our God shall call” (Ac 2:39). So here “upon all flesh.”

I will pour out—under the new covenant: not merely, let fall drops, as under the Old Testament (Jn 7:39).

my spirit—the Spirit “proceeding from the Father and the Son,” and at the same time one with the Father and the Son (compare Is 11:2).

sons … daughters … old … young—not merely on a privileged few (Nu 11:29) as the prophets of the Old Testament, but men of all ages and ranks. See Ac 21:9; 1 Co 11:5, as to “daughters,” that is, women, prophesying.

dreams … visions—(Ac 9:10; 16:9). The “dreams” are attributed to the “old men,” as more in accordance with their years; “visions” to the “young men,” as adapted to their more lively minds. The three modes whereby God revealed His will under the Old Testament (Nu 12:6), “prophecy, dreams, and visions,” are here made the symbol of the full manifestation of Himself to all His people, not only in miraculous gifts to some, but by His indwelling Spirit to all in the New Testament (Jn 14:21, 23; 15:15). In Ac 16:9; 18:9, the term used is “vision,” though in the night, not a dream. No other dream is mentioned in the New Testament save those given to Joseph in the very beginning of the New Testament, before the full Gospel had come; and to the wife of Pilate, a Gentile (Mt 1:20; 2:13; 27:19). “Prophesying” in the New Testament is applied to all speaking under the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit, and not merely to foretelling events. All true Christians are “priests” and “ministers” of our God (Is 61:6), and have the Spirit (Ez 36:26, 27). Besides this, probably, a special gift of prophecy and miracle-working is to be given at or before Messiah’s coming again." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 1, pp. 666–667). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...Phil. 2:10... they are destined to confess in Christ and be converted by God...

"Phil 2:10. at the name—rather as Greek, “in the name.”

bow—rather, “bend,” in token of worship. Referring to Is 45:23; quoted also in Ro 14:11. To worship “in the name of Jesus,” is to worship Jesus Himself (compare Php 2:11; Pr 18:10), or God in Christ (Jn 16:23; Eph 3:14). Compare “Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord (that is, whosoever shall call on the Lord in His revealed character) shall be saved” (Ro 10:13; 1 Co 1:2); “all that call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord” (compare 2 Ti 2:22); “call on the Lord”; Ac 7:59, “calling upon … and saying, Lord Jesus” (Ac 9:14, 21; 22:16)." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, p. 364). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Why would God need a hell, when ALL nations are predestined to be blessed by God..."
Mt 25:31-46

"...Gal.3:8. Everyone is going to get in on this great salvation."
"Ga 3:8 Scripture, foreseeing. Personifying the Scriptures was a common Jewish figure of speech (cf. 4:30; John 7:38, 42; 19:37; Rom. 9:17; 10:11; 11:2; 1 Tim. 5:18). Because Scripture is God’s Word, when it speaks, God speaks. preached the gospel to Abraham. The “good news” to Abraham was the news of salvation for all the nations (quoted from Gen. 12:3; 18:18). See Gen. 22:18; John 8:56; Acts 26:22, 23. Salvation has always, in every age, been by faith." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1792). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Jude 1:21 ...Don't just look for mercy for yourself, but for everyone."
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life [Jude 21].

"This verse gives us two more things we as believers are to do in days of apostasy.

...“Keep yourselves in the love of God.” We need to recognize that God loves the believer. We have seen that Jude addresses the believers as “beloved.” Let me repeat—this does not imply that he loves them or that they love him but that they are beloved of God. Again, let me say that you cannot keep God from loving you, although you can put up an umbrella or a roof so that you will not feel the warmth of God’s love. Jude is saying, “Keep yourselves out there in the sunshine of God’s love.” Let His love flood your heart and life. This is needed in days of apostasy..." McGee, J. V. (1997). Thru the Bible commentary (electronic ed., Vol. 5, pp. 873–874). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Profile of an Apostate

1. Ungodly (v. 4)
2. Morally perverted (v. 4)
3. Deny Christ (v. 4)
4. Defile the flesh (v. 8)
5. Rebellious (v. 8)
6. Revile holy angels (v. 8)
7. Dreamers (v. 10)
8. Ignorant (v. 10)
9. Corrupted (v. 10)
10. Grumblers (v. 16)
11. Fault finders (v. 16)
12. Self seeking (v. 16)
13. Arrogant speakers (v. 16)
14. Flatterers (v. 16)
15. Mockers (v. 18)
16. Cause division (v. 19)
17. Worldly minded (v. 19)
18. Without the Spirit (v. 19) MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1988). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"When believers in God talk more about hell than they do heaven, they have lost their savor; Matt. 5:13; they have lost their first love..."
"Mt 5:13. We have here the practical application of the foregoing principles to those disciples who sat listening to them, and to their successors in all time. Our Lord, though He began by pronouncing certain characters to be blessed—without express reference to any of His hearers—does not close the beatitudes without intimating that such characters were in existence, and that already they were before Him. Accordingly, from characters He comes to persons possessing them, saying, “Blessed are ye when men shall revile you,” &c. (Mt 5:11). And now, continuing this mode of direct personal address, He startles those humble, unknown men by pronouncing them the exalted benefactors of their whole species.

Ye are the salt of the earth—to preserve it from corruption, to season its insipidity, to freshen and sweeten it. The value of salt for these purposes is abundantly referred to by classical writers as well as in Scripture; and hence its symbolical significance in the religious offerings as well of those without as of those within the pale of revealed religion. In Scripture, mankind, under the unrestrained workings of their own evil nature, are represented as entirely corrupt. Thus, before the flood (Ge 6:11, 12); after the flood (Ge 8:21); in the days of David (Ps 14:2, 3); in the days of Isaiah (Is 1:5, 6); and in the days of Paul (Eph 2:1–3; see also Job 14:4; Jn 3:6; compared with Ro 8:8; Tit 3:2, 3). The remedy for this, says our Lord here, is the active presence of His disciples among their fellows. The character and principles of Christians, brought into close contact with it, are designed to arrest the festering corruption of humanity and season its insipidity. But how, it may be asked, are Christians to do this office for their fellow men, if their righteousness only exasperate them, and recoil, in every form of persecution, upon themselves? The answer is: That is but the first and partial effect of their Christianity upon the world: though the great proportion would dislike and reject the truth, a small but noble band would receive and hold it fast; and in the struggle that would ensue, one and another even of the opposing party would come over to His ranks, and at length the Gospel would carry all before it.

but if the salt have lost his savour—“become unsavory” or “insipid”; losing its saline or salting property. The meaning is: If that Christianity on which the health of the world depends, does in any age, region, or individual, exist only in name, or if it contain not those saving elements for want of which the world languishes,

wherewith shall it be salted?—How shall the salting qualities be restored it? (Compare Mk 9:50). Whether salt ever does lose its saline property—about which there is a difference of opinion—is a question of no moment here. The point of the case lies in the supposition—that if it should lose it, the consequence would be as here described. So with Christians. The question is not: Can, or do, the saints ever totally lose that grace which makes them a blessing to their fellow men? But, What is to be the issue of that Christianity which is found wanting in those elements which can alone stay the corruption and season the tastelessness of an all—pervading carnality? The restoration or non-restoration of grace, or true living Christianity, to those who have lost it, has, in our judgment, nothing at all to do here. The question is not, If a man lose his grace, how shall that grace be restored to him? but, Since living Christianity is the only “salt of the earth,” if men lose that, what else can supply its place? What follows is the appalling answer to this question.

it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out—a figurative expression of indignant exclusion from the kingdom of God (compare Mt 8:12; 22:13; Jn 6:37; 9:34).

and to be trodden under foot of men—expressive of contempt and scorn. It is not the mere want of a certain character, but the want of it in those whose profession and appearance were fitted to beget expectation of finding it." Jamieson, R., Fausset, A. R., & Brown, D. (1997). Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible (Vol. 2, pp. 19–20). Oak Harbor, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
James 2:13...People who show no mercy, they ought not receive it themselves.

"Jas 2:13 A person who shows no mercy and compassion for people in need demonstrates that he has never responded to the great mercy of God, and as an unredeemed person will receive only strict, unrelieved judgment in eternal hell (cf. Matt. 5:7). Mercy triumphs over judgment. The person whose life is characterized by mercy is ready for the day of judgment, and will escape all the charges that strict justice might bring against him because by showing mercy to others he gives genuine evidence of having received God’s mercy." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1929). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Mickiel

Mickiel, what's the point of christianity and all this talk of salvation if god will do it in the end anwyays?

Well there really is no point to Christianity, or any other religion; human life was created to eventually be the actual children of God; that is our destiny, and religion has absolutely nothing to do with it. Our future was sealed before the world was made.. just read the bible, its in there.

Mickiel

In Rev. 13:8 Jesus was slain before the foundation of the earth. His death was predestined, human salvation was why he died, human salvation was predestined before the creation of the earth, God decided before any religion was, that we be saved. No religion can take credit for human salvation.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Romans 5:1 [T]here will come a time that the whole world will be justified by faith and be at peace with God...
"Ro 5:1 having been justified. The Gr. construction—and its Eng. translation—underscores that justification is a one-time legal declaration with continuing results (see note on 3:24), not an ongoing process. peace with God. Not a subjective, internal sense of calm and serenity, but an external, objective reality. God has declared Himself to be at war with every human being because of man’s sinful rebellion against Him and His laws (v. 10; cf. 1:18; 8:7; Ex. 22:24; Deut. 32:21, 22; Ps. 7:11; John 3:36; Eph. 5:6). But the first great result of justification is that the sinner’s war with God is ended forever (Col. 1:21, 22). Scripture refers to the end of this conflict as a person’s being reconciled to God (vv. 10, 11; 2 Cor. 5:18–20)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1700). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

[Rom. 5:18-19]
:yawn: Ad infinitum Eph 4:14

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Why would God need a hell, when ALL FLESH shall see him? Luke 3:6.
"Lk 3:6 all flesh. I.e., Gentiles as well as Jews (see note on 2:31). All 4 gospels quote Is. 40:3 (Matt. 3:3; Mark 1:3; John 1:23). Only Luke adds vv. 5, 6—thus using a familiar text from Isaiah to stress his theme of the universal scope of the gospel..." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1517). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.