Why Would Anyone Reject the Gospel?

beameup

Why Would Anyone Reject the Gospel?

Bs"d
Because it is based on lies and deceit.

Yes, it's much better to believe in a God that wants you to own two refrigerators, so you can keep your dairy products separate. Perhaps Ilia's God has stock in Westinghouse?
Certainly all the Gentiles have heard of the Jewish "Gospel of the NoHide Laws"... I mean, they've had 2,000 years to "spread" knowledge these Laws to the whole world.

Elia

Yes, it's much better to believe in a God that wants you to own two refrigerators, so you can keep your dairy products separate. Perhaps Ilia's God has stock in Westinghouse?
Certainly all the Gentiles have heard of the Jewish "Gospel of the NoHide Laws"... I mean, they've had 2,000 years to "spread" knowledge these Laws to the whole world.

Bs"d

It's not about the amount of refrigerators, (I only have one, works fine) it's about WHAT IS THE TRUTH.

The NT obviously is not the truth.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say, 'Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.' Will a man make gods for himself, which are not gods?"
Jeremiah 16:19

Elia

Jesus and Paul were in complete harmony.

Bs"d

Except there where they were not.

Both preached the gospel - check!

Both preached faith - check!

Both preached the love of God - check!

Both taught that Jews and Gentiles are bound by the Spirit of the law - check!

Both taught the worthlessness of trusting in the letter of the law - check!

No check in that last one. JC taught that the law stands forever.

Comes along Paul, and throws the whole law overboard.

That's were JC and Paul are at odds.

The law stands for ever. That is what God said:

“So you shall observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread, for on this same day I will have brought your armies out of the land of Egypt. Therefore you shall observe this day throughout your generations as an everlasting ordinance."
Ex 12:17

"In the tabernacle of meeting, outside the veil which is before the Testimony, Aaron and his sons shall tend it from evening until morning before the Lord. It shall be a statute forever to their generations on behalf of the children of Israel."
Ex 27:21]

"This shall be a perpetual statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings: you shall eat neither fat nor blood.’”
Leviticus 3:17

"You shall eat neither bread nor parched grain nor fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your God; it shall be a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings."
Leviticus 23:14

“‘Now if you as a community unintentionally fail to keep any of these commands the Lord gave Moses— 23 any of the Lord’s commands to you through him, from the day the Lord gave them and continuing through the generations to come" Numbers 15:23

There is much, much more like this, saying the law stands forever, for all generations.

There is no such a thing as: "The messiah will come and abolish the law". It just doesn't exist.

And, of course, JC himself also said the exact opposite of what the Christians say:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven."
Matt 5

So also JC agrees: The law stands forever.

It is only Paul who comes up with the idea that the law is abolished, but who is Paul that he thinks he can abolish the law??

"But beyond this, my son, be warned: the writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body.
The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: FEAR GOD AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil."

Ecc 12:12-14, New American Standard Bible

beameup

Bs"d

It's not about the amount of refrigerators, (I only have one, works fine) it's about WHAT IS THE TRUTH.
The NT obviously is not the truth.

And your "holy" Talmud is all a fabrication and misinterpretation of the Tanakh.
Quote us some of the "rabbinical wisdom" (oxymoron) in it concerning Yeshua of Nazareth.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[Why Would Anyone Reject the Gospel? Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] "It is the greatest news that any convicted sinner could ever hear! A full pardon for sin is offered by a holy and righteous God who cannot let sins go unpunished (Ex. 34:7). The pardon is offered because of a love story, written in blood, on a wooden cross, 2000 years ago. It is free because the Lord Jesus Christ cancelled the eternal debt to satisfy divine justice for His people. He paid a debt He did not owe because we had a debt we could not pay. Forgiveness is a free gift of God's grace to those who repent and believe the Gospel.

At the moment of conversion, repenting sinners are forgiven and acquitted (Col 2:13). They are justified and saved from the terrifying wrath of our Holy God (Rom 5:9). They are made spiritually alive in Christ (Eph 2:5) and empowered by the Spirit (Rom 8:11-13) to live a victorious life over the power of sin (Rom. 6:17-18). By abiding in God's Word, they have come to know the truth which has set them free from religious bondage and deception (John 8:31-32). Their eternal inheritance is reserved in heaven and kept by the power of God (1 Pet. 1:3-5). To all who receive Him, to those who believe in His name, He gave the right to become children of God, citizens of heaven and co-heirs with Christ (John 1:12; Phil. 3:20; Rom. 8:17; Gal. 4:5). They will spend eternity in God's presence praising Him for His grace and mercy!

Those who reject the greatest gift anyone could ever receive will remain spiritually dead in sin (Eph 2:1) and condemned to eternal punishment (2 Pet 2:9) where they will suffer torments of hell's fire (Rev 14:11) and God's righteous wrath (Col 3:6). They will remain a child of the devil (1 Jn 3:10), hopeless and helpless (Rom 5:8), in bondage to sin (Rom 6:20) and separated God (Eph. 2:12). Those who are born only once are destined to die twice (Rev 20:14) and experience eternal, everlasting humiliation and shame (Jer 23:40)." Pro-Gospel.org

Pride