Why Some People Are Going to Hell

Dialogos

If Calvinism isn't your crutch then renounce it and trust in Christ alone and prove that Jesus is the only way to be saved.

Calvinism, isn't my hope.

:nono:

Never was, never will be.

Christ alone is my hope!

Any saved Calvinist will gladly admit the same thing.

Christ alone saves.

Calvin isn't a savior, Christ alone is the Savior!

And I'd hazard a guess that every single Calvinist on this board would agree.

That's the problem, Robert.

Your accusations of Calvinists on this board are false accusations.

beloved57

pate

If Calvinism isn't your crutch then renounce it and trust in Christ alone and prove that Jesus is the only way to be saved.

Calvinism is the Gospel, the Truths of TULIP, you reject them at your own eternal peril !

Brother Ducky

That is really what its all about.

Salvation without Christ. Many refer to Calvinism as "A Christless Christianity". Many see no need to be saved by Christ, they believe that God predestinated them to salvation before the foundation of the world, so who needs Jesus Christ?

And now they want us to believe and to be accepted as Christians. Not in my book. And probably not in God's book either.

OK, who are some of these "many?" Both the many who think of Calvinism as "Christless Christianity" and Calvinist who think they have no need to be saved by Christ?

fishrovmen

OK, who are some of these "many?" Both the many who think of Calvinism as "Christless Christianity" and Calvinist who think they have no need to be saved by Christ?

He doesn't have any names. I asked several times and he refuses to give any. What does that tell you?

mike_j_beaupre

Why would God be subject to such weak human emotion such as anger? Is God a human with an ego? Pls how could something so omnipotent to create a universe be subject to an emotion that can be treated with the very message he states will fix all.... Love. Doesn't add up.

Robert Pate

Banned
Why would God be subject to such weak human emotion such as anger? Is God a human with an ego? Pls how could something so omnipotent to create a universe be subject to an emotion that can be treated with the very message he states will fix all.... Love. Doesn't add up.

Welcome to the Forum Mike.

God's ways are not our ways, Isaiah 55:8, 9, 10, 11.

Many on this Forum believe that God is a sinner like them.

God is sovereign in ALL THINGS, but his sovereignty does not overide his holy, just, merciful, righteous nature.

mike_j_beaupre

Thanks for the welcome. I lurk here often and rarely post. But seems hard in this day of information and knowing, the teachers we can watch on YouTube, quantum mechanics. It's all there for everyone to read. But I'm sorry, it's archaic to believe a god could possibly be angry? Like they have our shape and consciousnesses

eddie17

Love wins,he saves all.

Robert Pate

Banned
Calvinism, isn't my hope.

:nono:

Never was, never will be.

Christ alone is my hope!

Any saved Calvinist will gladly admit the same thing.

Christ alone saves.

Calvin isn't a savior, Christ alone is the Savior!

And I'd hazard a guess that every single Calvinist on this board would agree.

That's the problem, Robert.

Your accusations of Calvinists on this board are false accusations.

No there not.

You put Calvinisim in the same room with Jesus Christ.

You say, but you don't believe.

If you don't need Calvinism then renounce it.

Brother Ducky

No there not.

You put Calvinisim in the same room with Jesus Christ.

You say, but you don't believe.

If you don't need Calvinism then renounce it.

Calvinism is not soteriological, it is an overarching interpretation of what the Scripture teaches. If you wish to refute, deal with it honestly and seriously, point by point.

Robert Pate

Banned
Calvinism is not soteriological, it is an overarching interpretation of what the Scripture teaches. If you wish to refute, deal with it honestly and seriously, point by point.

The scripture does not support Calvinism.

What is does support is the Gospel and justification by faith.

The word "Predestination" only appears in the Bible 4 times.

Nowhere in the Bible is the word "predestination" associated with anyone going to heaven or to hell.

Brother Ducky

The scripture does not support Calvinism.

What is does support is the Gospel and justification by faith.

The word "Predestination" only appears in the Bible 4 times.

Nowhere in the Bible is the word "predestination" associated with anyone going to heaven or to hell.
Perhaps true if you have to have specific words. However the concept is there. Check out Acts 13:48, for example.

On the other hand, can you tell me where in Scripture we see the specific use of the imputing back of sins?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does hell even exist ? What proof do you have of this ,other than the Bible ? Isn't hell just an ancient fairy tale designed to frighten gullible people ? As an agnostic, I don't know what happens after death .
I'm hardly perfect, but I've never done anything REALLY bad . I've never murdered anyone or committed any truly bad deed .
I've never committed any sexual offense or crime, or raped a woman,
never caused any kind of major harm .
I have no ill will towards people, no evil intention . Why should I go to hell merely because I don't believe in Christianity, when so many people who call themselves Christian have done truly awful things ?
Is it fair for them to go to heaven, a place which I doubt even exists,
through their acceptance of Christian doctrine , while I am doomed to "eternal hellfire " (supposedly ) ?
Revelation 20:15 Modern English Version (MEV)

15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Robert Pate

Banned
Perhaps true if you have to have specific words. However the concept is there. Check out Acts 13:48, for example.

On the other hand, can you tell me where in Scripture we see the specific use of the imputing back of sins?

Your biggest problem is the "L" in TULIP.

This is the one that is going to condemn you to hell.

Salvation always has been and always will be by faith.

To NOT believe that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the world is a sure fire indicator that you don't have faith.

Brother Ducky

Hardly a problem. Unless you are a universalist, you believe in some kind of limited atonement. Reformed folk hold that he really atoned for the elect. Your view is that he atoned for all, but your cruel unjust God imputes back sin and sends some to hell. If atonement is for all humans and any go to hell, it is not much of an atonement, is it? I would think your biggest problem is with the "T." I can come up with several to many verses to support Total Depravity, [Ok, I will steal them from AMR, but he won't mind] but I do not think you could do the same for your "I by my own free will accepted Christ" school of thought. Why don't you try it.

Why would that be the case?
Reformed folk certainly would hold this view, although most would state it as "by Grace through Faith."
To NOT believe that Jesus has atoned for the sins of the world is a sure fire indicator that you don't have faith.
That's just a silly statement. I don't say you are damned for not being Reformed. Of course you should be, we should be as correct as possible. But OK, I'll bite: Where in Scripture does it say that you have to believe that Jesus atoned for every individual to show you have faith?

Brother Ducky

Hardly a problem. Unless you are a universalist, you believe in some kind of limited atonement. Reformed folk hold that he really atoned for the elect. Your view is that he atoned for all, but your cruel unjust God imputes back sin and sends some to hell. If atonement is for all humans and any go to hell, it is not much of an atonement, is it? I would think your biggest problem is with the "T." I can come up with several to many verses to support Total Depravity, [Ok, I will steal them from AMR, but he won't mind] but I do not think you could do the same for your "I by my own free will accepted Christ" school of thought. Why don't you try it.

Reformed folk certainly would hold this view, althouT
That's just a silly statement. I don't say you are damned for not being Reformed. Of course you should be, we should be as correct as possible. But OK, I'll bite: Where in Scripture does it say that you have to believe that Jesus atoned for every individual to show you have faith?

Robert Pate

Banned

Reformed folk certainly would hold this view, although most would state it as "by Grace through Faith."

Your goose is cooked on this one.

To NOT believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world is to blasphemy the Holy Spirit and is the unforgivable sin.

The whole Gospel is built on that fact that Jesus is Lord.

If Jesus did NOT atone for the sins of the whole world then Jesus is not Lord and he should be removed from his position at the right hand of God.

Because Jesus HAS atoned for the sins of the world God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

You can believe a lot of things about Jesus and still be saved, but this one you cannot.

fishrovmen

Your goose is cooked on this one.

To NOT believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the world is to blasphemy the Holy Spirit and is the unforgivable sin.

The whole Gospel is built on that fact that Jesus is Lord.

If Jesus did NOT atone for the sins of the whole world then Jesus is not Lord and he should be removed from his position at the right hand of God.

Because Jesus HAS atoned for the sins of the world God has made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

You can believe a lot of things about Jesus and still be saved, but this one you cannot.

A person's beliefs DO NOT "make" Jesus the Lord. God has declared Him the Lord (Acts 2:36), He was declared the Lord by the angel who appeared to the shepherds (Luke 2:11).