Patrick Hannon
New member
As a saved member of the body of Christ every believer must follow Paul.
1Co_11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
What Paul writes in all of his epistles are the commandments of the Lord.
1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
When looking at this within the context of what God has done through Paul, it must be applied by every believer.
Otherwise there will be a chaos, confusion, strife and divsion.
We are to build on the foundation ( Christ ).
1Co_3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
We are told to follow Paul. Why? because Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles.
Rom_11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
Rom_1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
Which gospel? Which doctrine?
Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
This is paramount in regards to knowing which gospel is for today.
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
They adding nothing to what Paul was given by revelation so that we could have the gospel and the doctrine today.
Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Paul's Gospel
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Some people claim to believe it, yet they add words to it.
This is going against what Paul wrote in the same chapter, verses 1,2.
1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
They must "keep in memory" This means what it says. They have believed in vain.
Adding mans teachings, words that dilute it down, changing the words to make is say what it dont say.
Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
They heard the word of truth and believed, it is that simple.
It is also important to see that Paul received the gospel as a mystery.
This mystery was not known before Paul as we continue to look into what Paul writes.
Rom_16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
This mystery was not known before Paul.
Paul writes " But now is made manifest" Romans 16:26.
Verse 26 continues... and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
"the scriptures of the prophets". Are these Old Testament prophets and Old Testament scriptures ?
Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
"In other ages was not made known unto unto the sons of men" verse 5.
it was now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets verse 5.
They saw what God was doing through Paul our apostle
Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Paul was called by God given the gospel as a mystery, also the doctrine that is for the body of Christ the church. Christ been the head.
To now make all men see the fellowship of the mystery.
Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
How is the mystery seen by men ? They must trust the gospel that was first given to Paul by Christ.
The Doctrine
Once a person is saved by believing this gospel they must read to grow in the knowledge of God given to Paul our apostle.
Rom_11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom_15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
Lots more verses confirms when reading Paul's epistles that saved believers today must follow our apostle Paul.
Anything outside of Paul's epistles will lead to error in doctrine and understanding of what God wants a believer to know.
2Ti_2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
Tit_1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
Holding fast !
Reading Paul's epistles.
Eph_3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
My responcibility is to make known the fellowship of the mystery.
Eph_3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
With The Lord Jesus Christ in me as the scriptures says.
Col_1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Gal_1:24 And they glorified God in me.
Col_1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
It is also the responcibility of every saved member of the body of Christ to read for themselves,
not to be tossed to and fro by men who call themselves teachers or pastors.
Eph_4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
To be under teachers, Pastors who claim to be so is not following Paul's instructions or commandments of the Lord as Paul writes.
1Co_14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
When there were teachers and Pastors in the Church at that time, it was not permanent, as I read in what Paul writes.
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
The purpose of these apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers:
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God...
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
the word Till.
The unity of the faith, the knowledge of the Son of God, the perfect man.
It is all in Christ, it is here, every since Paul recieved the gospel and the doctrine from Christ, the body of Christ. Christ been the head of His Chrurch, having the knowledge of Christ in what Paul was given.
1Ti_1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
It came, there is not need for any gifts, no Pastors, no teachers...
Christ is in every believer and we are to grow in knowledge of the Son of God.
Col_1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
God's word is fulfilled in our apostle Paul.
1Co_11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
What Paul writes in all of his epistles are the commandments of the Lord.
1Co 14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
When looking at this within the context of what God has done through Paul, it must be applied by every believer.
Otherwise there will be a chaos, confusion, strife and divsion.
We are to build on the foundation ( Christ ).
1Co_3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
We are told to follow Paul. Why? because Paul is the apostle of the Gentiles.
Rom_11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
Rom_1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
Which gospel? Which doctrine?
Gal 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
Gal 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
This is paramount in regards to knowing which gospel is for today.
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
They adding nothing to what Paul was given by revelation so that we could have the gospel and the doctrine today.
Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Gal 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
Gal 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Paul's Gospel
1Co 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
1Co 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Some people claim to believe it, yet they add words to it.
This is going against what Paul wrote in the same chapter, verses 1,2.
1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
They must "keep in memory" This means what it says. They have believed in vain.
Adding mans teachings, words that dilute it down, changing the words to make is say what it dont say.
Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
They heard the word of truth and believed, it is that simple.
It is also important to see that Paul received the gospel as a mystery.
This mystery was not known before Paul as we continue to look into what Paul writes.
Rom_16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
This mystery was not known before Paul.
Paul writes " But now is made manifest" Romans 16:26.
Verse 26 continues... and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
"the scriptures of the prophets". Are these Old Testament prophets and Old Testament scriptures ?
Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.
"In other ages was not made known unto unto the sons of men" verse 5.
it was now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets verse 5.
They saw what God was doing through Paul our apostle
Gal 2:7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
Gal 2:8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles
Gal 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
Paul was called by God given the gospel as a mystery, also the doctrine that is for the body of Christ the church. Christ been the head.
To now make all men see the fellowship of the mystery.
Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
How is the mystery seen by men ? They must trust the gospel that was first given to Paul by Christ.
The Doctrine
Once a person is saved by believing this gospel they must read to grow in the knowledge of God given to Paul our apostle.
Rom_11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom_15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
Lots more verses confirms when reading Paul's epistles that saved believers today must follow our apostle Paul.
Anything outside of Paul's epistles will lead to error in doctrine and understanding of what God wants a believer to know.
2Ti_2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
Tit_1:9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
Holding fast !
Reading Paul's epistles.
Eph_3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
My responcibility is to make known the fellowship of the mystery.
Eph_3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
With The Lord Jesus Christ in me as the scriptures says.
Col_1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Gal_1:24 And they glorified God in me.
Col_1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
It is also the responcibility of every saved member of the body of Christ to read for themselves,
not to be tossed to and fro by men who call themselves teachers or pastors.
Eph_4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
To be under teachers, Pastors who claim to be so is not following Paul's instructions or commandments of the Lord as Paul writes.
1Co_14:37 If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord.
When there were teachers and Pastors in the Church at that time, it was not permanent, as I read in what Paul writes.
Eph 4:10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)
Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
The purpose of these apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers:
Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God...
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
the word Till.
The unity of the faith, the knowledge of the Son of God, the perfect man.
It is all in Christ, it is here, every since Paul recieved the gospel and the doctrine from Christ, the body of Christ. Christ been the head of His Chrurch, having the knowledge of Christ in what Paul was given.
1Ti_1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
It came, there is not need for any gifts, no Pastors, no teachers...
Christ is in every believer and we are to grow in knowledge of the Son of God.
Col_1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
God's word is fulfilled in our apostle Paul.