Why I became an anarcho-capitalist libertarian

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Statists such as yourself have a lot in common with muzzies: You and them both lust after the power the state provides and have a deep seated HATRED of Judeo-Christian doctrine.

i agree drbrumley, people are so entrenched in government helping us with virtually every aspect of society, that they think we need more of it. we will get more. much more. whether it's deep seated or deep seeded, it's deep. cw is a poster child of insanity in politics - :first:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
i agree drbrumley, people are so entrenched in government helping us with virtually every aspect of society, that they think we need more of it. we will get more. much more. whether it's deep seated or deep seeded, it's deep. cw is a poster child of insanity in politics - :first:

(Paulbot pj is only here because he saw the Zig Zag rolling papers in the previous post and thinks that someone started yet another Libertarian dope smoking party).

drbrumley

You're confusing free will with that of the Libertarian doctrine of "self ownership/being sovereign over one's own body (i.e. moral decisions).

"As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others."
http://www.lp.org/platform

God gave mankind free will to choose between right and wrong. If you can find anywhere in Holy Scripture where God tells us to do wrong, I'll roll my Bible up and smoke it at your next Libertarian convention.

index-image.jpg

AcW's platform....

"As Republicans and Democrats, we seek a world of servitude; a world in which we collectively are sovereign over your lives and everyone will be forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others

Now we understand AcW...

Daniel1611

So under anarcho-capitalism, there's no checks on corporate power. So Enron or Lehman Brothers can do as they please. Sounds like a fantastic idea. How could that not work?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
So under anarcho-capitalism, there's no checks on corporate power. So Enron or Lehman Brothers can do as they please. Sounds like a fantastic idea. How could that not work?

Oh but Dan, it gets better. Under this Loonatarian "It's MY property and I can do anything that I want with it!" doctrine, amongst other things, there would be no buildling or fire codes. (It kinda takes your appetite away when you're in restaurant having dinner and you're wondering if that creaking wall next to you is going to fall down on your family or not).

Daniel1611

Oh but Dan, it gets better. Under this Loonatarian "It's MY property and I can do anything that I want with it!" doctrine, amongst other things, there would be no buildling or fire codes. (It kinda takes your appetite away when you're in restaurant having dinner and you're wondering if that creaking wall next to you is going to fall down on your family or not).

I can't understand the libertarian who fears centralized power in the hands of the government but is fine with centralized power in the hands of private corporations.

Christian Liberty

I can't understand the libertarian who fears centralized power in the hands of the government but is fine with centralized power in the hands of private corporations.

I'm not really ancap anymore, but two things:

1. Limited Liability is a product of statism. libertarianism is strict liability only.

2. Whatever regulations you are endorsing, I'd like to see some type of Biblical support.

Nimrod

Oh but Dan, it gets better. Under this Loonatarian "It's MY property and I can do anything that I want with it!" doctrine, amongst other things, there would be no buildling or fire codes.

Kind of like how office fires took down WTC #7? If the government knew about the dangers of burning office equipment and how it can take down the steel frame buildings, why don't they add new codes and regulations? They should, but don't . It seems to me the government doesn't care.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrumley
Judeo-Christian doctrine.

I never understood this phrase. Christians have very little to do with todya's Jews. You should only need to say Christian doctrine.

Most L/libertarians, including drbrumley don't understand the term either.

Judeo-Christian... is a term used to describe the body of concepts and values which are thought to be held in common by Judaism and Christianity, and typically considered ...a fundamental basis for Western legal codes and moral values.
http://www.christianity-guide.com/christianity/judeo-christian.htm

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Oh but Dan, it gets better. Under this Loonatarian "It's MY property and I can do anything that I want with it!" doctrine, amongst other things, there would be no buildling or fire codes.

Kind of like how office fires took down WTC #7? If the government knew about the dangers of burning office equipment and how it can take down the steel frame buildings, why don't they add new codes and regulations? They should, but don't . It seems to me the government doesn't care.

(What would a Loonatarian thread be without 9/11-WTC conspiracy theories?).

Most building codes don't take into account two Boeing 767's flying into them.

Christian Liberty

More government regulations? Why? Aren't you Rothbardian?

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
As a (political) conservative, I always and immediately saw certain paradoxes in conservatism. I never understood why conservatives, supposedly believers in small government, would want to regulate things like drug use and the like. I DID understand the opposition to gay marriage, since I saw [still do to some degree, though not in the same political sense that I did back in 2010] it as a fundamental matter of morality, and of course I never questioned that abortion should be unlawful since it was the taking of human life (I am still 100% pro-life, for the record) but I never understood why people should be prohibited from harming themselves through drug use and so forth.

You seem to be espousing a view based on special pleading. If you believe in anarchism (anarchical capitalism) then you ought also let people decide for themselves what is moral and what is not. You can't say that it is great to have laws prohibiting abortion and then say that people should be allowed to have what drugs they please. As soon as you impose morality on them you have established government and the rule of law.

But there is a reason why governments generally oppose drug abuse. And I think you have misunderstood the nature of government if you think that it is to impose morality on people. Government/the state doesn't care a rat's bottom about morality. If it did, it would never have separated the state from religion. The reason states oppose drug abuse is that as a whole, it creates populations that are not working at their best. EDIT: Here I mean 'working' generally. Not just that such people are less productive in employment but there is a general loss of efficiency in society through increased health care and crime.

If drug abuse were, by its nature, limited to a small number of people, the state wouldn't care. The state doesn't regulate mountaineering or base jumping. Drug regulation is not about wielding the big stick but is everything to with the state's responsibility to promote the well being of the state as a whole. Drug abuse is clearly so common that it requires regulation because wholesale abuse endangers the life of the state.

And since you mention it, I would argue the same for homosexual marriage. Because the marriage institution is essential to the state because it is primarily in marriage that children are brought up to be sound, responsible individuals and the concept of homosexual marriage eats away at this.

Last edited: