Why Calvinism, Catholicism are Anti-Christ

Robert Pate

Banned
You can't say that you love Jesus and then reject his Gospel.

What Jesus accomplished in his life death and resurrection cannot be separated from who he is. You cannot say that you love a painting and then say that you hate the one that painted it.

In the Gospel Jesus reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. How Jesus accomplished that is the Gospel. He most certainly did not reconcile us to God by predestinating us to salvation before the foundation of the world, nor does Jesus reconcile us to God through the Catholic church. The apostles and others were reconciled to God long before the Catholic church came into existance.

"All things are of God who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation. God was in Christ reconciliating the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Jesus comes into the world as God's new Adam and our new humanity, Romans 5:18, 19. The old sinful Adam brought sin and death upon us. God's new Adam, Jesus Christ, brings righteousness and eternal life and offers it to us as a free gift from God. This free gift from God cannot be imposed upon us, nor can it be earned by works, otherwise it would not be a free gift.

In our name and on our behalf, Jesus offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law. It was this life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

In our name and on our behalf, Jesus, who knew no sin, was made to be sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him, 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus has atoned for our sins and not ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Because of what Jesus has accomplished in our name and on our behalf, we can now stand before God's holy court as justified. When God accepted Jesus into heaven we were accepted in him. This is how Jesus has reconciled us into God. God now sees us as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

To not embrace this Gospel as your only means of salvation is to reject the Gospel. To reject the Gospel is to reject Christ. To reject Christ and his Gospel is to be anti-Christ. To be anti-Christ is to be outside of the faith and to be lost in your sins.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
antichrist is denying the Father and the Son
it is john's word
and
he told us what it meant

anyone who believes Jesus is God cannot be called antichrist

so please use words properly

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So the question then in what ways can someone deny the Father and the Son? ^
And another inquiry is can you prove that anyone who believes Jesus is God can't be called an Anti-Christ?

you can call anyone anything
so
the only question
is
will anyone respect your use of the language?

beloved57

What Jesus accomplished in his life death and resurrection cannot be separated from who he is. You cannot say that you love a painting and then say that you hate the one that painted it.

In the Gospel Jesus reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. How Jesus accomplished that is the Gospel. He most certainly did not reconcile us to God by predestinating us to salvation before the foundation of the world, nor does Jesus reconcile us to God through the Catholic church. The apostles and others were reconciled to God long before the Catholic church came into existance.

"All things are of God who has reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ and has given unto us the ministry of reconciliation. God was in Christ reconciliating the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Jesus comes into the world as God's new Adam and our new humanity, Romans 5:18, 19. The old sinful Adam brought sin and death upon us. God's new Adam, Jesus Christ, brings righteousness and eternal life and offers it to us as a free gift from God. This free gift from God cannot be imposed upon us, nor can it be earned by works, otherwise it would not be a free gift.

In our name and on our behalf, Jesus offers to God the Father a life of perfect obedience to his Holy Law. It was this life that was lived for our justification, Romans 3:26.

In our name and on our behalf, Jesus, who knew no sin, was made to be sin for us, that we might be made the righteousness of God in him, 2 Corinthians 5:21. Jesus has atoned for our sins and not ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2.

Because of what Jesus has accomplished in our name and on our behalf, we can now stand before God's holy court as justified. When God accepted Jesus into heaven we were accepted in him. This is how Jesus has reconciled us into God. God now sees us as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

To not embrace this Gospel as your only means of salvation is to reject the Gospel. To reject the Gospel is to reject Christ. To reject Christ and his Gospel is to be anti-Christ. To be anti-Christ is to be outside of the faith and to be lost in your sins.

Calvinism/Tulip is the Gospel !

RevTestament

To not embrace "this" Gospel as your only means of salvation is to reject the Gospel. To reject the Gospel is to reject Christ. To reject Christ and his Gospel is to be anti-Christ. To be anti-Christ is to be outside of the faith and to be lost in your sins.
You are being a little reckless here in your analysis. The latter highlight is not the definition of antichrist. To be anti-Christ was defined by John as denying Christ (and perhaps the basic gospel of repentance, salvation and resurrection). There are many who are lost in sin but are not anti-Christ as your definition implies, many of whom have never even been exposed to his gospel.

Therefore, I cannot place Catholics in the "anti-Christ" category, and I feel you are being very unfair to them. Not everyone who disagrees with your interpretation of the gospel is "anti-Christ" - thankfully. So your thread is disappointing to me, and I hope you will re-think your position before calling someone anti-Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
To deny that Jesus has reconciled us and the world unto God is anti-Christ.

Calvinst claim that they have been predestinated by God to salvation.

Catholics claim that the Catholic church is the way to salvation.

Jesus said, "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE: NO MAN CAN COME TO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME" JOHN 14:6.

Not by the way of Calvinism, Not by the way of Catholicism. Not by the way of any religion. Only by the doing and the dying of Jesus will anyone be saved.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are being a little reckless here in your analysis. The latter highlight is not the definition of antichrist. To be anti-Christ was defined by John as denying Christ (and perhaps the basic gospel of repentance, salvation and resurrection). There are many who are lost in sin but are not anti-Christ as your definition implies, many of whom have never even been exposed to his gospel.

Therefore, I cannot place Catholics in the "anti-Christ" category, and I feel you are being very unfair to them. Not everyone who disagrees with your interpretation of the gospel is "anti-Christ" - thankfully. So your thread is disappointing to me, and I hope you will re-think your position before calling someone anti-Christ.

Have you ever wondered why all of the Catholic churches have these huge statues of Christ being crucified hanging on the wall?

When instead they should have a statue of Christ sitting on the his throne as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords".

If they can keep him on the cross they are happy.

bybee

Have you ever wondered why all of the Catholic churches have these huge statues of Christ being crucified hanging on the wall?

When instead they should have a statue of Christ sitting on the his throne as the "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords".

If they can keep him on the cross they are happy.

Beware your judgmentalism! It can have a boomerang effect.
You spend an inordinate amount of time judging others. Or so it seems to me.

beloved57

Jesus said, "I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE: NO MAN CAN COME TO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME" JOHN 14:6.

Not by the way of Calvinism, Not by the way of Catholicism. Not by the way of any religion. Only by the doing and the dying of Jesus will anyone be saved.

You teach that millions that Christ reconciled wind up in hell for their sins in unbelief and lost! What happened?

Robert Pate

Banned
Beware your judgmentalism! It can have a boomerang effect.
You spend an inordinate amount of time judging others. Or so it seems to me.

So, you are a Catholic sympathizer. Are you going to kiss the popes foot when he arrives?

I judge no one, but the Bible which is the word of God judges all things.

Robert Pate

Banned
So, you still haven't explained why Catholicism is supposedly "anti-Christ." Proof, please.

If Jesus has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. then what good is your Catholic religion?

It appears to me that it is worthless.

Cruciform

If Jesus has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. then what good is your Catholic religion?
Christ's one historic Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Himself as God's instrument for the application of Christ's Redemption earned once-and-for-all on the cross. His Church is His Body, and its teaching is His teaching (Lk. 10:16; 1 Tim. 3:15). To reject the Body (Church) is likewise to reject the Head (Christ). The one cannot be properly embraced without also embracing the other.

It appears to me that it is worthless.
Your claim that the one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself---against which He declared that the gates of Hades would never prevail---and for which the Divine Son of God sacrificed His life, is "worthless" is noted.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Excellent post

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

AMEN