Who God is

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
In the Bible we have many indications of who God is and what He is like. What we read about God, what we know about God, is there for us to learn from.

The truth about God should change each and every one of us. May your life be changed as you learn more about Him.

Post about who God is here.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus who is a Son of God taught that God is a kingdom, a family of persons, but just one family.

Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. He did not teach that God is a kingdom, a family of persons, or a family.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.

Is that why Paul said, "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God"?

Jesus was the only physically begotten Son of God, but the Father has many spiritually begotten sons who will eventually be born again of Spirit.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Is that why Paul said, "The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God"?

Jesus was the only physically begotten Son of God, but the Father has many spiritually begotten sons who will eventually be born again of Spirit.
We have all been born physically since Adam and Eve.

Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. His Father is God. God is our Creator.

Not everyone is a son of God.

Some people are born again, meaning born of God by His Spirit. You have to be born physically to then be born again, the second birth here being of the Spirit of God.

Romans 8:14 NASB - 14 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You have to be born physically to then be born again, the second birth here being of the Spirit of God.

I was born physically but before I was born I was conceived and attached to my mother.

To be born of the Spirit we must be spiritually conceived and attached to our spiritual mother.

And that's a fact.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I was born physically but before I was born I was conceived and attached to my mother.

To be born of the Spirit we must be spiritually conceived and attached to our spiritual mother.

And that's a fact.
Incorrect.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Really? Prove it.
You were born physically but to be born of the Spirit (born again, born a second time) is to be born of God.

Nothing about being conceived or attached and nothing about a spiritual mother.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 4:26 is true. It says the Jerusalem above is our mother. That is all it says. It doesn't say what jamie said.
If we take physicality and spirituality as complementary, would "the Jerusalem above" be our physical mother?

If not, then what does Galatians 4:26 mean? Is there some other latitude besides physical and spiritual that we are forgetting or ignoring, and that we should consider, when interpreting Galatians 4:26?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If we take physicality and spirituality as complementary, would "the Jerusalem above" be our physical mother?

If not, then what does Galatians 4:26 mean? Is there some other latitude besides physical and spiritual that we are forgetting or ignoring, and that we should consider, when interpreting Galatians 4:26?
jamie did not say who she believes her spiritual mother is. The word spiritual is not found in this verse. The words "Jerusalem above" are.