Who are the "Lord, Lord, Didn't We" People?" Matthew 7:21-23

God's Truth

Those Christ obeyed God for shall be made righteous Rom 5:19, they shall inherit eternal life Matt 13:43

[FONT="]Then shall the [/FONT]righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Jesus obeyed God for God.

Since Jesus obeyed all have a chance to obey.

Jesus says if you want to REMAIN in his love, then you must obey his teachings.

That proves a person could stop obeying and not remain in Jesus' love.

God's Truth

In that case no one will be saved, Romans 3:10.

You just went against the words of Jesus, and you think you will not have to pay.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, we command you, brothers and sisters, to keep away from every believer who is idle and disruptive and does not live according to the teaching you received from us.

beloved57

Jesus obeyed God for God.

Since Jesus obeyed all have a chance to obey.

Jesus says if you want to REMAIN in his love, then you must obey his teachings.

That proves a person could stop obeying and not remain in Jesus' love.

When Christ obeyed unto death, it made many righteous Rom 5:19

[FONT=&quot]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.[/FONT]

God's Truth

When Christ obeyed unto death, it made many righteous Rom 5:19

[FONT="]For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.[/FONT]

No one was made righteous until they came to Jesus with living faith; that s faith with obedience.

God's Truth

The Bible does not say anything about obedience. The reason is that... "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10.

Do you have a Bible and have you ever read it?

2 Corinthians 7:15
And his affection for you is all the greater when he remembers that you were all obedient, receiving him with fear and trembling.

1 John 5:3 Love for God means obedience to His commands; and His commands are not irksome.

2 John 1:6
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Romans 1:5
Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake.

Romans 16:19
Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

Romans 16:26
but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith—

2 Corinthians 9:13
Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

2 Corinthians 10:6
And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.

Robert Pate

Banned
Do you have a Bible and have you ever read it?

2 Corinthians 7:15
And his affection for you is all the greater when he remembers that you were all obedient, receiving him with fear and trembling.

1 John 5:3 Love for God means obedience to His commands; and His commands are not irksome.

2 John 1:6
And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Romans 1:5
Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake.

Romans 16:19
Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

Romans 16:26
but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all the Gentiles might come to the obedience that comes from faith—

2 Corinthians 9:13
Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.

2 Corinthians 10:6
And we will be ready to punish every act of disobedience, once your obedience is complete.

The only obedience that counts for anything is the obedience of Christ.

God's Truth

You are without an excuse. Paul, John, Isaiah, Jeremiah and others say that your righteousness stinks.

You are in the same boat as the Pharisees.

The righteousness that stinks is doing a sin offering but not really being sorry for your sins.

It is like your faith if you don't obey and repent of your sins.

What good is faith if you don't obey? See James 2:14, 17, 19, 20,22, and 24.

Robert Pate

Banned
The righteousness that stinks is doing a sin offering but not really being sorry for your sins.

It is like your faith if you don't obey and repent of your sins.

What good is faith if you don't obey? See James 2:14, 17, 19, 20,22, and 24.

You and James are one of a kind. You are both Judaizers.

Robert Pate

Banned
There is no scripture where James is a judaizer. You are a false judge and a slanderer.

Don't you know you are not supposed to judge a chosen of God's?

James believed in Jesus, but like you he also believed that you had to keep the law of Moses, Acts 15:21. I am sure that James learned the Gospel and justification by faith from Paul at a later date.

God's Truth

James believed in Jesus, but like you he also believed that you had to keep the law of Moses, Acts 15:21. I am sure that James learned the Gospel and justification by faith from Paul at a later date.

You picked a scripture where James contends that the Gentiles NOT do the works of the law.

Acts 15

13 When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. 14 Simon as described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:

16 “‘After this I will return
and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
17 that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,
says the Lord, who does these things’—
18 things known from long ago.

19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

Robert Pate

Banned
You picked a scripture where James contends that the Gentiles NOT do the works of the law.

Acts 15

13 When they finished, James spoke up. “Brothers,” he said, “listen to me. 14 Simon as described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. 15 The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written:

16 “‘After this I will return
and rebuild David’s fallen tent.
Its ruins I will rebuild,
and I will restore it,
17 that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord,
even all the Gentiles who bear my name,
says the Lord, who does these things’—
18 things known from long ago.

19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

You can't see it, but James laid the law back on the Gentile believers. Anything that tells us to do something or not to do something is law.

God's Truth

You can't see it, but James laid the law back on the Gentile believers. Anything that tells us to do something or not to do something is law.

Do you really want me to go through all the trouble of posting all the commands Paul gave?

I think you might cry if I give them all to you.

How about these for now:

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

Did you read that? What is Paul talking about to obey God's commands; commands with an 's'?

What is this next scripture Robert Pate? What is Paul saying???!!!

Is Paul telling the GENTILES CHRISTIANS TO DO AN OLD TESTAMENT COMMAND???!!!

Ephesians 6:2 “Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise—