Who are the "Lord, Lord, Didn't We" People?" Matthew 7:21-23

Robert Pate

Banned
"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?" Matthew 7:22.

"And then I will say unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

Tigger 2

"Not everyone that says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the Kingdom of heaven: but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven" Matthew 7:21.

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works?" Matthew 7:22.

"And then I will say unto them, I never knew you: depart from me you that work iniquity" Matthew 7:23.

These are the many people who choose the wide and spacious road (Matt. 7:13). Those few who actually seek and find the narrow gate and stay on the hard road gain eternal life (7:14).

Follow the words of the Christ which lead to eternal life, including John 17:1, 3.

God's Truth

Those are the people who went around prophesying in the Lord's name and casting out devils---but they never repented of their sins.

Paul says that he made sure he did not sin while he helped save others.

Robert Pate

Banned
The "Lord, Lord, didn't we" people are counterfeit Christians. They look like Christians, they act like Christians, but they don't believe the Gospel, nor do they have faith in Christ. They don't believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2, nor do they believe that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and is Lord, Revelation 19:16.

They are trusting in what they are and in what they have become, which is their religion. It is very apparent that they believe that their works and piety will save them, "Lord, Lord, didn't we" They believe that it is all about them and their works and obedience to the law. They are really anti-Gospel and anti-Christ and usually don't have much regard for the teachings of the apostle Paul. Their religion is their God.

God's Truth

The "Lord, Lord, didn't we" people are counterfeit Christians. They look like Christians, they act like Christians, but they don't believe the Gospel, nor do they have faith in Christ. They don't believe that Jesus is the savior of the whole world, 1 John 2:2, nor do they believe that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and is Lord, Revelation 19:16.

They are trusting in what they are and in what they have become, which is their religion. It is very apparent that they believe that their works and piety will save them, "Lord, Lord, didn't we" They believe that it is all about them and their works and obedience to the law. They are really anti-Gospel and anti-Christ and usually don't have much regard for the teachings of the apostle Paul. Their religion is their God.

You are all over the place. I know why you are all over the place, it is because you are in falseness and deny the truth.

God's Truth

The Gospel that I believe in is the Gospel that justifies ungodly sinners, Romans 4:5. I guess that leaves you out.

Ungodly sinners have to repent. That leaves you out and gives you a place in the wrath; unless you repent. Just ask me for the scriptures.

Robert Pate

Banned
Ungodly sinners have to repent. That leaves you out and gives you a place in the wrath; unless you repent. Just ask me for the scriptures.

The Bible says that Jesus justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5.

Repentance is a work that is produced by the Holy Spirit after conversion, not before.

Robert Pate

Banned
Of course Jesus justifies the ungodly. The ungodly have to come to him and ask for forgiveness of their sins and repent of them.

You learned that from John Calvin.

I didn't learn anything from the heretic John Calvin.

Repentance is a work of the Holy Spirit. No one has the Spirit unless God sees them as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Galatians 3:2.

God's Truth

I didn't learn anything from the heretic John Calvin.
That is where your teaching comes from; you know, the teaching that you can't do anything to be saved but believe. The believe part was added, but it is still the same father doctrine of you can't do anything.
Repentance is a work of the Holy Spirit.

You sound exactly like a Calvinist.

No one has the Spirit unless God sees them as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Galatians 3:2.

What did you say? No one has the Spirit unless what?

As for that scripture, it is speaking about believing that we only have to believe Jesus' blood cleans us of the sins we repent of doing.

Robert Pate

Banned
That is where your teaching comes from; you know, the teaching that you can't do anything to be saved but believe. The believe part was added, but it is still the same father doctrine of you can't do anything.

You sound exactly like a Calvinist.

What did you say? No one has the Spirit unless what?

As for that scripture, it is speaking about believing that we only have to believe Jesus' blood cleans us of the sins we repent of doing.

Saving faith is much more than that. Saving faith is a faith that believes that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

If you believed that Jesus blood cleansed you from sin, then why are you so concerned about being holy?

God's Truth

Saving faith is much more than that. Saving faith is a faith that believes that Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

If you believed that Jesus blood cleansed you from sin, then why are you so concerned about being holy?

Because we are to live up to what we received.

Philippians 3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

We have to train ourselves.

Luke 6:40
A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.
1 Corinthians 9:25
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
1 Timothy 4:7, 8
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
2 Timothy 3:16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
Titus 2:4
Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children,
Hebrews 5:14
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
Hebrews 12:11
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Robert Pate

Banned

A student is not above his teacher, but everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,
But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Its all about you and your obedience, which is filthy rags in God's sight. You don't believe in the righteousness of Christ for the believer. You believe in your righteousness.

jsanford108

Based on biblical and circumstantial evidence, I would say it is the Pateists of the world.

Robert Pate

Banned

You must belong to the First Baptist Church of ME. You seem to think that it is all about you, who is a sinner. You most certainly will be in the, "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group. Matthew 7:21-23.