WHO ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE ACTORS OF THE PAST AND THEIR BEST MOVIE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Gary Cooper---The Hanging Tree
John Wayne----The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Jimmy Stewart-It's a Wonderful Life
James Cagney- The Roaring Twenties
Humphrey Bogart-Key Largo
Edward G. Robinson-Key Largo
Orson Welles-Jane Eyer
Vincent Price-The Comedy of Terrors
Peter Lorre-The Beast with Five Fingers
Boris Karloff-The Body Snatchers
Basil Rathbone-Anything Sherlock Holmes
George Sanders-All About Eve

What's some of yours?

GFR7

I wasn't born when these were made, but I'm an old movie buff:
  • Laurence Olivier - Hamlet, Rebecca
    [*]Joan Fontaine - Rebecca
    [*]Bette Davis - many films
    [*]Gene Tierney - Leave Her to Heaven

Gene Tierney in Leave Her to Heaven
tumblr_ltn0w8QCAo1qazanuo1_500.png

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Gary Cooper---The Hanging Tree
Beau Geste
John Wayne----The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
I'd rate The Searchers and Red River slightly ahead, but a good pick.
Jimmy Stewart-It's a Wonderful Life
And then Mr. Smith
James Cagney- The Roaring Twenties
:think: Good one. I'll go sentimental and say Yankee Doodle Dandy
Humphrey Bogart-Key Largo
Maltese Falcon/African Queen
Edward G. Robinson-Key Largo
:thumb: The Woman in the Window is a close second.
Orson Welles-Jane Eyer
:plain: After Citizen Kane I've always had a soft spot for his supporting turn in The Black Rose.
Peter Lorre-The Beast with Five Fingers
Arsenic and Old Lace or The Maltese Falcon
Basil Rathbone-Anything Sherlock Holmes
He'd have cleaned up today, when a great character actor can easily be a star.
George Sanders-All About Eve
Rebecca

musterion

Cuthbert Ogletree as Prof. Putride in Georges Méliès' 1904 silent Le Pantalon du Diable (The Devil's Pantaloons).

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Percy McBride and Marjorie Mains (Pa and Ma Kettle) in almost any of their movies as the Kettles.

Any older musicals (I.E. The Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Oklahoma!, etc....).

Almost any John Wayne movie. But, my favorite was Angel and the Bad Man, with Gail Russell.

I like Bing Crosby movies (The Bells of St. Mary's is my favorite. But, I also like White Christmas.).

My favorite movie of all time is The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant, Loretta Young, and David Niven.

glorydaz

Percy McBride and Marjorie Mains (Pa and Ma Kettle) in almost any of their movies as the Kettles.

Any older musicals (I.E. The Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Oklahoma!, etc....).

Almost any John Wayne movie. But, my favorite was Angel and the Bad Man, with Gail Russell.

I like Bing Crosby movies (The Bells of St. Mary's is my favorite. But, I also like White Christmas.).

My favorite movie of all time is The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant, Loretta Young, and David Niven.

Great pics. I loved Ma and Pa Kettle....she always reminded me of my grandma. And the Bishop's Wife has got to be one of my all time favorites. :thumb:

Daniel1611

I love Robert Redgrave and Margret Lockwood in The Lady Vanishes, the Hitchcock film. Fantastic story, great acting and Margret Lockwood was stunning then.

Daniel1611

Idc what anyone thinks about it, but I love Clue. It's has a cult following fro a reason. Tim Curry is great in that movie. Such an underrated film. Great witty dialogue and neat story.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great pics. I loved Ma and Pa Kettle....she always reminded me of my grandma. And the Bishop's Wife has got to be one of my all time favorites. :thumb:

Ma and Pa Kettle reminded me of my great aunt Eva and great uncle Jennings. Pa Kettle even looked a lot like Uncle Jennings. :chuckle: The biggest difference was that they didn't have a lot of kids because they married late in life (They had both been widowed for several years.).

If I had to separate my favorite movies into categories, they would be 1) comedies; 2) old martial arts movies; 3) musicals; 4) old sci-fi movies; and 5) historical fiction (even loosely based on fact is great).

Status
Not open for further replies.