When The Going Get's Tough?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ecclesiastes 3 KJV
(1) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
(2) A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
(3) A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
(4) A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
(5) A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
(6) A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
(7) A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
(8) A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.​

With any situation that arises in your live, you need to ask yourself, "What time is it?"

bybee

road-rage.gif

Love it! I have cautioned all of my grand children "What you hear in grandma's car stays in grandma's car!" :car:

bybee

You probably have a more positive effect than you realize. And I'm happy you're still here.

For myself, I have been slowly learning that there is no point in trying to argue with people who are working at being stupid. It's a waste of time and energy. So I'm getting better at recognizing when that's happening, and just disengaging from it. They can have the last insult, or "point", or whatever it is they think they're doing. I don't much care, anymore.

Here's a great quote for you:

"arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon … No matter how good you are, the bird is just going to crap on the board and strut around like it won, anyway."

And nowhere is this more true than on these TOL discussion boards. So I let the pigeons be what they are, and do what they do, and I don't expect to change them. They won't understand a thing I say, anyway.

So I save my energy for the many folks here who CAN understand me, and who ARE willing and able to engage in interesting conversation and debate. Because those folks I can learn from, and I can feel that I may be able to offer something of use to them in return (though, that's up to them).

I really only come here to share my mind with others, and to receive the benefit of their thinking, in return. If they have nothing to offer me, and no interest in what I can offer them, then what's the point of engaging with them?

I think you and anna and some other forks here need to learn to let the pigeons be; they'll crap on the board and strut around like they won something, and waste their lives on their own egocentric sicknesses. That's their choice. And you can't change it. But you can stop wasting your time and energy on it, so that it won't aggravate you so much, and frustrate you.

Sometimes the best way to loosen a stuck bolt is to have a cup of coffee.

Well said Dearie!