When obedience becomes rebellion

glorydaz

Of course, trusting is a work. It is a light and easy non burdensome work.

If you have to work at trusting then you have a problem, because work is the opposite of REST. The harder you work, the more you're trusting in your own efforts.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
No. Why would you think that?

Just trying to figure out what it is you believe the work of the cross was.

Prophecy tells us it pleased God to bruise his son,an Apostle added it was to make him perfect through suffering.

Maybe I should have asked who's work on the cross?

I know it was God's work, and I suppose one could call learning obedience while suffering work.

What do you think?

glorydaz

Just trying to figure out what it is you believe the work of the cross was.

Prophecy tells us it pleased God to bruise his son,an Apostle added it was to make him perfect through suffering.

Maybe I should have asked who's work on the cross?

I know it was God's work, and I suppose one could call learning obedience while suffering work.

What do you think?

The work of the Cross was God coming in the flesh to pay the price for sin that man could not pay. That sin debt kept man from God, and our Lord's death and resurrection is the work of faith that provided the gift of salvation to all who believe. I'm sure there are better ways of saying it, but basically it's our Lord's death, burial and resurrection.

glorydaz

Yer half right.

Jesus said his burden is light not non existent.

Matthew 11:30
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

We see His yoke is to learn of Him. We also see REST (twice) in this text.

Matt. 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.​

This "rest" we find is when we are created IN Christ Jesus and we become His workmanship. He performs His work IN US. It's why boasting is excluded by the Law of faith.

God's Truth

Yer half right.

Jesus said his burden is light not non existent.

Matthew 11:30
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

How do you ever get that I am half right when I spoke the scripture? I am not half right. I am right. Jesus has a yoke. The burden part is about the yoke, for his work is not burdensome.

1 John 5:3 In fact, this is love for God: to keep his commands. And his commands are not burdensome,

God's Truth

The work of the Cross was God coming in the flesh to pay the price for sin that man could not pay. That sin debt kept man from God, and our Lord's death and resurrection is the work of faith that provided the gift of salvation to all who believe. I'm sure there are better ways of saying it, but basically it's our Lord's death, burial and resurrection.

Jesus saves us all on his own, and he chooses those he saves. He chooses those who obey.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We see His yoke is to learn of Him. We also see REST (twice) in this text.

Matt. 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.​

This "rest" we find is when we are created IN Christ Jesus and we become His workmanship. He performs His work IN US. It's why boasting is excluded by the Law of faith.

This is true, there will be no boasting in heaven, no one will say "I am here because I obeyed" it sounds foolish now, what will it sound like then

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is true, there will be no boasting in heaven, no one will say "I am here because I obeyed" it sounds foolish now, what will it sound like then

Salvation is a gift, but it is a gift that can be deferred to the Last Day by disobedience to God's instructions.

God's Truth

Salvation is a gift, but it is a gift that can be deferred to the Last Day by disobedience to God's instructions.

The gift means you are cleaned and didn't have to clean yourself by preaching circumcision, adhering to a special diet, observing special days, doing VARIOUS washings, and sacrificing animals.

What don't you get about that? You didn't have to do THOSE works. It does NOT mean you didn't have to do anything.

You have to do what Jesus says to do in order to get the gift.

God's Truth

And where did Jesus say not to keep his Father's commandments defining love to God and neighbor?

Where do you ever get that Jesus says not to keep his Father's commandments defining love to God and neighbor?

Just take more time studying what I said. With the measure you use it will be measured to you and more.

If you merely skim through what I say without giving it much thought or study, then you will not get much. If you study hard into the night, and give up food and drink trying to figure it out, you will get that and much more.

Mark 4:24 "Consider carefully what you hear," he continued. "With the measure you use, it will be measured to you--and even more.