what is your experience with ROKU?

republicanchick

someone told me this is a way to get Fox News w/o cable bills

but when I looked into it, well, it looks like you have to be connected somehow w/ someone who watches Fox... and then you can only watch whatever it is they are watching...

don't get this...

Do you???

:noway:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

but when I looked into it, well, it looks like you have to be connected somehow w/ someone who watches Fox... and then you can only watch whatever it is they are watching...

don't get this...

Do you???

i don't pay for fox news, i pay for all the other cable channels i like. so basically, i get fox for free. a bunch of 'em - :patrol:

Christian Liberty

don't get this...

Do you???

Just cancel your cable subscription, stop worrying about Fox, and read this website:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/

WARNING: May induce thought, particularly in tiny brains.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

don't get this...

Do you???

No you don't.

Roku (I have two in my home along with TiVo) has services that you can subscribe to (some for fees some free). All you need is an internet connection and Roku streams the content from these services to your connected TV. Fox News is one of the services (See Rusha's link above) but it is not something like your local Fox TV station that also has news broadcasts. For this you would need over the air antenna reception, which is what I have using my TiVo box.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

don't get this...

Do you???

I thought you didn't watch tv, why would you need a roku?

Quincy

so if you don't have internet @ home, you can't get Fox without having cable?

what about people who travel, truck drivers, etc?

If you mean Fox News, and not your local Fox station then no, you need the internet and a device compatible with the Fox News application.

People who travel, can use a laptop with a broadband internet card or you can tether your Android phone to your laptop. Either one will let you use the internet with your laptop and then you can go to Fox News website.

Or you could just take your laptop to a place with free wifi internet, like McDonald's or some city parks.

republicanchick

If you mean Fox News, and not your local Fox station then no, you need the internet and a device compatible with the Fox News application.

People who travel, can use a laptop with a broadband internet card or you can tether your Android phone to your laptop. Either one will let you use the internet with your laptop and then you can go to Fox News website.

Or you could just take your laptop to a place with free wifi internet, like McDonald's or some city parks.

I have a laptop that is something like 50 years old...

can I get I-net w/ that?

sorry I am so computer illiterate... :angel:

republicanchick

I thought you didn't watch tv, why would you need a roku?

who told you t hat nonsense?

but I am fairly limited in what I will tolerate

I watch Fox

and Duck Dynasty

and some educational (read: non-partisan) informational kinds of shows, but mostly I stick to the above listed

and the weather channel

republicanchick

No you don't.

Roku (I have two in my home along with TiVo) has services that you can subscribe to (some for fees some free). All you need is an internet connection and Roku streams the content from these services to your connected TV. Fox News is one of the services (See Rusha's link above) but it is not something like your local Fox TV station that also has news broadcasts. For this you would need over the air antenna reception, which is what I have using my TiVo box.

so I can just connect to someone's I-net?

I don't get it... I am 20 yrs behind the times, electronically

Morpheus

can I get I-net w/ that?

A laptop from 1965? It must be worth a fortune.

who told you t hat nonsense?

but I am fairly limited in what I will tolerate

I watch Fox

and Duck Dynasty

and some [other] educational (read: non-partisan) informational kinds of shows, but mostly I stick to the above listed

and the weather channel
. Fixed it.

Quincy

can I get I-net w/ that?

Maybe, but it won't have the processing power you need to do what you are wanting to do, if it's more than a few years old. Get some internet, get a Roku, Chromecast or Fire TV and you'll find more content online than TV will ever give you. All you need is a television with an HDMI connection, most flat screens do have one. If you have an old tube TV, then you'll just have to switch providers, otherwise you're talking too much money if you have to buy a TV, internet subscription and a streaming device.

Or.... you could look for a smart tv on sale. Then all you'll need is that TV and an internet connection. Those TVs will do everything you're wanting to do on their own. One of the smaller ones, on a good sale wouldn't cost much more and it's far simpler.