What is the express image of God?

keypurr

Paraphrasing the OT is the path that leads to false teaching. We have MANY translations, which CLEARLY show the Triune nature of God. We are not to look at it differently than it is worded unless you don't believe it is BREATHED of God. If that IS the case, then you have no credibility here whatsoever, just as keypurr and his ilk have none.

I hear the symbols again> Clang, Clang.

keypurr

I'm not interested in "credibility", because credibility comes from man's approval, not HaShem's. Yeshua on the other hand was approved by HaShem by signs and wonders, and that's the same way we are to be approved.

So is it wiser to you to seek credibility or to seek Him and His wisdom? And 1) I do believe it is breathed from HaShem, and 2) clearly you didn't understand my posts. Peace

Most will not understand your post friend.

keypurr

IF you are addressing my post, and IF that were true, you wouldn't be here. What does Christian (other) mean? Are you a Messianic Jew?
As we speak English here, it's best to use the English names in the Bible and not the Hebrew ones you assign.

BTW, the NT says Jesus grew in favour and stature with God and Man.
Luke 2:52

He speaks way above what you would understand.

RBBI

IF you are addressing my post, and IF that were true, you wouldn't be here. What does Christian (other) mean? Are you a Messianic Jew?
As we speak English here, it's best to use the English names in the Bible and not the Hebrew ones you assign.

BTW, the NT says Jesus grew in favour and stature with God and Man.
Luke 2:52

Yes, I was addressing your post. Really? And so you know my heart on that, do you? Yes, I am a Messianic Jew. I didn't see anything that tells me I have to use Greek rooted names all the time. Are you a Greek?

And I don't know what point you are trying to make with Luke 2:52.

RBBI

You understand what being a Christian really means.

As you see, most do not wish to swim in truth, it hurts their eyes.

At this point in your walk, if you find one in a thousand that can hear you, consider it a good day. :salute:

StanJ

Yes, I was addressing your post. Really? And so you know my heart on that, do you? Yes, I am a Messianic Jew. I didn't see anything that tells me I have to use Greek rooted names all the time. Are you a Greek?

And I don't know what point you are trying to make with Luke 2:52.

I know the spirit...don't need to KNOW the man. The Holy Spirit in Christian gives us our solidarity and our commonality. After 45 years of living with Him in my life, I am very attune to false teaching and teachers.
I said this is an English forum, and most MJs I encounter, use the Hebrew names to equivocate about the vernacular of the properly rendered NT, and to appear holier than Gentile Christians. It's obfuscative and NOT the language we use here. There is NO reason whatsoever you can't use the words GOD or LORD or JESUS.

It's funny though, because most MJs I have encountered, ACCEPT the Triune nature of God as fulfilled by Jesus in the NT.

RBBI

1) I know the spirit...don't need to KNOW the man. The Holy Spirit in Christian gives us our solidarity and our commonality. After 45 years of living with Him in my life, I am very attune to false teaching and teachers.

2)I said this is an English forum, and most MJs I encounter, use the Hebrew names to equivocate about the vernacular of the properly rendered NT, and to appear holier than Gentile Christians. It's obfuscative and NOT the language we use here. There is NO reason whatsoever you can't use the words GOD or LORD or JESUS.

3)It's funny though, because most MJs I have encountered, ACCEPT the Triune nature of God as fulfilled by Jesus in the NT.

1)Just wondering; ever submitted to the baptism in the Holy Ghost?

2) I'm not using Hebrew to appear holier than the gentile Christians, I use it because I have a JEWISH Messiah, and it's a love relationship. I do what I do because I love Him who first loved me. I don't like calling Him after a pagan (Zeus) god. And what obfuscates, is the Greek language which nearly completely obscures it's decidedly JEWISH text. There is also NO reason whatsoever that gives you the right to dictate to me what my language preference is. Who are you to judge another man's servant?

3) You presume too much.

I edited this, although I realize you may have already read my initial post. Please forgive my impatience and tone earlier. Peace

Last edited:

StanJ

1) Uh, huh. And I know the Spirit too, and here's some English for you. I find it sad that after 45 years of living with Him in your life, you have no discernment, nor can you hear. So what is the problem? Never submitted to the baptism in the Holy Ghost, or just don't realize that there is a vast difference between knowing ABOUT Him and having an intimate knowledge of Him from a personal one on one relationship, because the SPIRIT is quite capable of teaching you, as the Word says?

2) I'm not using Hebrew to appear holier than the gentile Christians, I use it because I have a JEWISH Messiah, and it's a love relationship. I do what I do because I love Him who first loved me. I don't like calling Him after a pagan (Zeus) god. And what obfuscates, is the Greek language which nearly completely obscures it's decidedly JEWISH text. There is also NO reason whatsoever that gives you the right to dictate to me what my language preference is. Who are you to judge another man's servant?

3) You presume too much.

1) I didn't say the Spirit, I said the spirit of false teaching. I was baptized in the Holy Spirit in 1971. When were you? Your style is very condescending and NOT up front at all. The Holy Spirit has taught me, that people like keypurr are false teachers. Do you also believe like keypurr does that Jesus is NOT God?

2) I have a Jewish Messiah as well, but in his eyes, there is no Jew or Gentile. I have no idea what you mean by a pagan Zeus God, His name is Jesus, not Zeus. God is God, not Zeus. Are you a Greek/Gentile hater?
The language on this site is English, NOT Hebrew, so use English.
The right I have is to lessen equivocation on your part and use the same vernacular to communicate. I don't judge, I assess.

3) Not apparently near as much as you do.

keypurr

1)Just wondering; ever submitted to the baptism in the Holy Ghost?

3) You presume too much.

I edited this, although I realize you may have already read my initial post. Please forgive my impatience and tone earlier. Peace

Great post friend.

Greek has distorted what is written. I am now learning to use the language Jesus used. It is hard for me but well worth the effort. Unless you get into the language differences you will not understand why the Greek was not the best one used.

Most folks are content to wallow in shallow theology. The deeper one goes, the more one see things that are in view.

keypurr

1) I didn't say the Spirit, I said the spirit of false teaching. I was baptized in the Holy Spirit in 1971. When were you? Your style is very condescending and NOT up front at all. The Holy Spirit has taught me, that people like keypurr are false teachers. Do you also believe like keypurr does that Jesus is NOT God?

2) I have a Jewish Messiah as well, but in his eyes, there is no Jew or Gentile. I have no idea what you mean by a pagan Zeus God, His name is Jesus, not Zeus. God is God, not Zeus. Are you a Greek/Gentile hater?
The right I have is to lessen equivocation on your part and use the same vernacular to communicate. I don't judge, I assess.

Do you know what a Messiah is?

Do you know the name of God?

Do you know the true name of his son?

It would be good for you to learn that Stan.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
God is one and only one.
Why do you not heed the words of your Lord in John 17:3?

O God in Hebrews also tells you the "God, your God" , do you see that? Christ is a form of God, not God, he is a god.

The Holy Spirit is the power God uses to do his will. You follow the fables of man without understanding what the words in scripture tell you. told you that his Father is the only true God, listen to him.

If you believe on Jesus but your idea of who he is is wrong, are you trusting on the right person??

keypurr

If you believe on Jesus but your idea of who he is is wrong, are you trusting on the right person??

Jesus is flesh and blood, a man, the flesh son of the most high. A man born to Mary. Never the less still a man. However this man held the spiritual Son of God within him. He was anointed with power. I trust what scripture tells me. My idea is provable to a reasonable person. It blends in quite well with scripture.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus is flesh and blood, a man, the flesh son of the most high. A man born to Mary. Never the less still a man. However this man held the spiritual Son of God within him. He was anointed with power. I trust what scripture tells me. My idea is provable to a reasonable person. It blends in quite well with scripture.

And what was Jesus before his birth. Your idea is not provable to a spiritual person.

keypurr

And what was Jesus before his birth. Your idea is not provable to a spiritual person.

Jesus did not exist before his birth. He was a man.

And Heb 1 proves that the spiritual son was at the creation. You do not see it BR, but it is there. The light is blinding you so bad that you can not see it. Take off your traditional sunglasses and see the words like "Express image", check it out in a few translations. The Father really did create his exact self. The true son of God is a spirit like his Father.

RBBI

1) I didn't say the Spirit, I said the spirit of false teaching. I was baptized in the Holy Spirit in 1971. When were you?

I was baptized with the Holy Ghost in 1986.

Your style is very condescending and NOT up front at all. The Holy Spirit has taught me, that people like keypurr are false teachers. Do you also believe like keypurr does that Jesus is NOT God?

I apologized for my tone, let's leave it at that. I believe what HE has taught me, which I posted. I've been very "up front."

If you don't know the origin of the name Jesus, which is not His name, look it up. No, I'm not a gentile hater at all. I do, however, have no love for the Greek language for the reason I stated. I doubt that anyone does that studies in the Hebrew language. The two are like oil and water, and the water is contaminated, to boot.

Once again, you have no right whatsoever to demand I not use the Hebrew names. Are you a Jew/Jewish hater?

RBBI

Great post friend.

Greek has distorted what is written. I am now learning to use the language Jesus used. It is hard for me but well worth the effort. Unless you get into the language differences you will not understand why the Greek was not the best one used.

Most folks are content to wallow in shallow theology. The deeper one goes, the more one see things that are in view.

Exactly. Hebrew is such a treasure, a totally unique language befitting Him. Ever look at the paleo Hebrew? Astonishing what each letter contains.

RBBI

Yes it does. The gospel IS the death, burial, and resurrection of the Holy Seed. Without it, there is no gospel. The FLESH profits nothing. And if the gospel is hid, it's hid to those that are lost (lost their way). I was lost once, but then the Father called me and I found the way.

keypurr

Exactly. Hebrew is such a treasure, a totally unique language befitting Him. Ever look at the paleo Hebrew? Astonishing what each letter contains.

Friend I am almost eighty years old and I am just reading the new Aramaic English Translation. I find it interesting to say the least. Your right about the Hebrew language, it is astonishing.

keypurr

Yes it does. The gospel IS the death, burial, and resurrection of the Holy Seed. Without it, there is no gospel. The FLESH profits nothing. And if the gospel is hid, it's hid to those that are lost (lost their way). I was lost once, but then the Father called me and I found the way.

I think we have the same Father.