What is Open Theism position on inerrancy of scripture?

Shasta

The Earliest Fathers of the Church insisted on the free will of man which clashed with the view of those who hypothesized about the timelessness of God. If God cannot responds to man then He is like the idols which have hands and eyes but cannot move or see - which makes God less animate than the idols yet the Bible calls Him as living God.
Open Theism is not about having a "position" on all issues.
It is about one specific issue: from https://opentheism.org

Because God is Free the Future Must be Open​

Ultimately, open theism is not based on man's freedom but on God's freedom. Open theism is the Christian doctrine that the future is not settled but open because God is alive, eternally free, and inexhaustibly creative. Although this undeniable truth is virtual heresy to many Calvinist and Arminian theologians, regardless, open theists affirm the obvious, that God is able to think new thoughts. And He can write new songs. And if He so desires He could design new butterflies too.​
I agree. God is the Initiator and the fount of all creativity. Of course, He can think new thoughts and do new things.

Isaiah 43:19
Behold, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness and streams in the desert.
Isaiah 44:8
Do not tremble or fear. Have I not told you and declared it long ago? You are My witnesses! Is there any God but Me? There is no other Rock; I know not one."

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
This is off topic but....

Any of you here that are familiar with Bob's work will likely remember him citing a quotation of C. S. Lewis about God not being moved by love.

I cannot find any such statement in any of Lewis' works. Am I remembering it wrong? Can any of you remember the specific quote and where it came from?

Shasta

When tributaries join they become ONE RIVER. When God did this we discovered that this was His plan all along

5 then a throne will be established in steadfast love, and on it will sit in faithfulness in the tent of David one who judges and seeks justice and is swift to do righteousness."
(Isaiah 16:5)

11 "In that day I will raise up the booth of David that is fallen and repair its breaches, and raise up its ruins and rebuild it as in the days of old,
(Amos 9:11)

James uses Amos 9:11 to give credibility to the recent conversion of the Gentiles in the early church. Of course, the Church Fathers came later but they were not something other than New Covenent people, joined into one Body by the bread and wine. The Early Believers DISCOVERED truths SOMETIMES AFTER THEY HAPPENED. They did not invent them

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
When tributaries join they become ONE RIVER. When God did this we discovered that this was His plan all along

5 then a throne will be established in steadfast love, and on it will sit in faithfulness in the tent of David one who judges and seeks justice and is swift to do righteousness."
(Isaiah 16:5)

11 "In that day I will raise up the booth of David that is fallen and repair its breaches, and raise up its ruins and rebuild it as in the days of old,
(Amos 9:11)

James uses Amos 9:11 to give credibility to the recent conversion of the Gentiles in the early church. Of course, the Church Fathers came later but they were not something other than New Covenent people, joined into one Body by the bread and wine. The Early Believers DISCOVERED truths SOMETIMES AFTER THEY HAPPENED. They did not invent them
So what do you do with the fact that God is going to turn back to Israel after the fullness of the Gentiles has come in?

Romans 11:25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:​
“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,​
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;​
27 For this is My covenant with them,​
When I take away their sins.”​
28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has [h]committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.​