What is a Work of the Law?

Ben Masada

What is a work of the Law?

What is a work of the Law?

The most important work of the Law is to repent and return to the obedience of God's Law.

Robert Pate

Banned
The most important work of the Law is to repent and return to the obedience of God's Law.

Maybe no one has ever told you this.

The law is the very nature and character of God.

To do or to keep the law you would either have to be Christ or God himself.

genuineoriginal

God never intended for his people to live according to laws and rules.
If God never intended for His people to live according to His Law, then He never would have tested them to see whether they will walk in His Law or not.

Exodus 16:4
4 Then said the Lord unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.​

"The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.
When you are dealing with the archaic English translation of a Greek translation of the Hebrew scripture, it is always best to check with the Hebrew itself or an English translation of the Hebrew.

Habakkuk 2:4 CJB
4 “Look at the proud: he is inwardly not upright; but the righteous will attain life through trusting faithfulness​

The word "just" is an archaic English word meaning "righteous".
The word "faith" contains a misleading meaning of "intellectual belief" that comes from the Greek translation but is not found in the original Hebrew word.

genuineoriginal

Maybe no one has ever told you this.

The law is the very nature and character of God.
Please post chapter and verse to prove that the scriptures say the law is the very nature and character of God.

To do or to keep the law you would either have to be Christ or God himself.
The scriptures show that you are mistaken.

Deuteronomy 30:10-14
10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.​

Robert Pate

Banned
Please post chapter and verse to prove that the scriptures say the law is the very nature and character of God.

The scriptures show that you are mistaken.

Deuteronomy 30:10-14
10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.​

Jesus who is the second person of the godhead is the righteousness of God.

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" Romans 3:21.

If you are going to do or keep the law you will have to be Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned
If God never intended for His people to live according to His Law, then He never would have tested them to see whether they will walk in His Law or not.

Exodus 16:4
4 Then said the Lord unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no.​

When you are dealing with the archaic English translation of a Greek translation of the Hebrew scripture, it is always best to check with the Hebrew itself or an English translation of the Hebrew.

Habakkuk 2:4 CJB
4 “Look at the proud: he is inwardly not upright; but the righteous will attain life through trusting faithfulness​

The word "just" is an archaic English word meaning "righteous".
The word "faith" contains a misleading meaning of "intellectual belief" that comes from the Greek translation but is not found in the original Hebrew word.

The law was given to keep the Jews in check until Jesus Christ had come. After that the law was abolished and now Christians are called to live by faith and Spirit. Not law.

The Old Testament is no longer binding on Christians.

genuineoriginal

The law was given to keep the Jews in check until Jesus Christ had come

And now Christians have nothing to keep them in check from practicing lawlessness?

Matthew 7:23 NASB
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’​

Robert Pate

Banned
And now Christians have nothing to keep them in check from practicing lawlessness?

Matthew 7:23 NASB
23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’​

Christians are not led by laws and rules, they are led by the Holy Spirit.